IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

14 hours ago, maxjak said:

It would seem that 'Frank Lampards' Derby...........as they will surely be monikerd for the rest of the season, are strong favourites, Frank is a big fan, and has not been shy in letting everyone know that he sees Marriott joining them. Time for our quest to spend some money, to be moving on to other targets.

I thought Derby were skint and had to sell Vydra before they could bring anyone in. The two quality loans they already have wont be cheap either

On 16/07/2018 at 17:41, nickolas said:

Is any body?! :facepalm:

Actually, I am.

Ask me anything at all about Airedale Terriers.

:yawn:

14 hours ago, maxjak said:

It would seem that 'Frank Lampards' Derby...........as they will surely be monikerd for the rest of the season, are strong favourites, Frank is a big fan, and has not been shy in letting everyone know that he sees Marriott joining them. Time for our quest to spend some money, to be moving on to other targets.

How many times did 'Lamps' play for Derby?

1 hour ago, westonred said:

I thought Derby were skint and had to sell Vydra before they could bring anyone in. The two quality loans they already have wont be cheap either

Alan Nixon says so, and that Bristol City are “hovering”. So it could still happen if at the last minute Derby don’t have the money and Peterborough decide to accept whatever they can get. No other club mentioned at the moment. But who knows what will happen at Villa now!

1 hour ago, westonred said:

Lampard said recently he expected Vydra to stay. Allegedly Leeds dropped their interest because he kept increasing his wage demands.

I suspect Morris has changed his mind yet again and will bankroll Lampard. Big name managers tend to expect to have big money to spend.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't get the Villa thing. Surely they are still in trouble with FFP, and have to sell players, cut the wage bill etc.

Yes, you would think so. But when does logic ever seem to rule in football? Talk of Thierry Henry as new manager within hours of the takeover!

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't get the Villa thing. Surely they are still in trouble with FFP, and have to sell players, cut the wage bill etc.

They may be able to pay some bills now but they are still likely to have problems with FFP.

On 20/07/2018 at 00:22, hodge said:

Is the update that there's been no more offers....? 

I don’t think this one is gonna happen for us - Marriott “apparently” wants a wildly unrealistic weekly salary and Posh “apparently” won’t drop below £6m for the league one striker....we need to forget this one and move on - but stranger things have happened!

4 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

I think he could be a decent signing for us but 6m is a gamble 

Absolutely it would.

To look at it another way, I suspect most of us would have been happy if Bobby had gone to a premier league side other than Cardiff for £6m wouldn`t we? I think most would have agreed that a fee like that was about right for a player in the last year of his contract. Posh are asking a similar fee for a player who also only has a year left but has only done it in the league below Bobby.

37 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m hopeful Eisa and Maenpaa will both be announced tomorrow and I still think we`ll sign Steffen. I also think Joe could well re-sign.

Get Daniel Johnson in by Friday and job`s a good `un.:fingerscrossed:

What have I missed?

6 hours ago, BessexRED said:

A step down... try telling Bailey Wright and Josh Brownhill that. Bigger club, better wages, nicer city.... no contest.

Correct. 

Last year (Barnsley, Rotherham and Burton aside) Preston had the lowest wage bill in the league at 13m whilst we had a wage bill of almost 21m.

We have a bigger stadium, average bigger crowds and I know I'm bias but Bristol v Preston as cities in which to live isn't even a competition.

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, he wants far too much per week and Posh aren’t willing to accept bids lower than £6m...

IMO a bit of perspective with this.... Posh want £6 million for a League One striker and a Newcastle feel that the same price is fair for Joe Bryan!! I hope we have binned the Marriott idea and moved on.

12 minutes ago, supercidered said:

IMO a bit of perspective with this.... Posh want £6 million for a League One striker and a Newcastle feel that the same price is fair for Joe Bryan!! I hope we have binned the Marriott idea and moved on.

...or have reassessed how much we would take for Joe!

2 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Correct. 

Last year (Barnsley, Rotherham and Burton aside) Preston had the lowest wage bill in the league at 13m whilst we had a wage bill of almost 21m.

We have a bigger stadium, average bigger crowds and I know I'm bias but Bristol v Preston as cities in which to live isn't even a competition.

OK.

What is Prestons answer to Knowle West??

Just now, Bryans Left Peg said:

Probably Ribbleton. 

What happens in Ribbleton?

It sounds delightful - I am picturing a small stream, ducklings, and tea rooms.

.......... just going to have a quick look on Rightmove as I don't want to miss out.

:shocking:

.......... er ........... there is a one bed flat in Grange Avenue on for an asking price of £15,000.

Not sure how close it is to the ground - your solicitor can tell you that - and its on with Reeds Rains telephone 01772 399078.

Anyone buys this after reading this, then I SHALL want commission.

:bruce_h4h:

2 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Correct. 

Like preston nice club well run and decent fans, but no disrespect to them, we are better payers 

Archived