Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Charlie BCFC

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

It's not even journalism.

Pick the name of a young player in the news out of a hat and say we're linked with him. It's so easy to do.

Just now, hodge said:

We'd need to fork out more than we spent on Diedhiou I expect.

Nixon quoted £4m.

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

Pick the name of a young player in the news out of a hat and say we're linked with him. It's so easy to do.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Another pointless story.

I know it’s potentially a load of rubbish but I thought I’d share it with you all and see what you think

Just now, Flint says No said:

I know it’s potentially a load of rubbish but I thought I’d share it with you all and see what you think

Yeah not having a go at you mate, it's just the typical shite the post come out with.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yeah not having a go at you mate, it's just the typical shite the post come out with.

I agree you could literally do a tweet and @ the post and they will put it in their newspaper

3 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Not aimed at you mate. just another pointless article from BP.

For 4-5 million I think we can do better than a guy who has had one very good season in the league below. Think he is a good player but we see all too often good league one strikers flopping in the Championship

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Super said:

Another pointless story.

Like Vydra it's trying to make a story out of bookies'odds. Pointless as you say.

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I read somewhere that Posh were saying £7m!

Worlds gone mad! £7m for a striker in League 1 is insane.

45 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Nixon quoted £4m.

£4m was apparently January's price, they supposedly want more now, P'boro always demand top dollar for their players and seemingly generally get it as someone is desperate enough.

36 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Worlds gone mad! £7m for a striker in League 1 is insane.

It wouldn't be the first time Posh have got seemingly outrageous money for a player. They are brilliant at it

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, swanker said:

What’s Bobby worth then?

He doesn't have any particular inherent value. It depends on the market, how many teams want him and who they are, how much they want him and so on.

The only name I have heard is Bournemouth but they are said to be looking elsewhere now.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

To think these people studied English for years to write utter garbage 

:facepalm:

as RoyDealien on Twitter proves any 10 year old can create ‘rumours’ or ‘links’ why don’t they use this time to do a proper insight to how the club is run? Many of us would like to find that out!!! Especially  over a paragraph that has been copy and pasted from a supposedly ITK website linking us with a player that half the championship has been linked with that actually ends up at his current club with no one making an offer.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

He doesn't have any particular inherent value. It depends on the market, how many teams want him and who they are, how much they want him and so on.

The only name I have heard is Bournemouth but they are said to be looking elsewhere now.

All right, let’s put it this way then. What would he cost to replace? 

8 minutes ago, swanker said:

All right, let’s put it this way then. What would he cost to replace? 

I suppose the same points apply in reverse if we are on the other end of a deal. We might in theory find a replacement for little or nothing, while at the other end of the scale we might have to break our transfer record again.

I suppose you could look at players with similar records who have been bought by Championship clubs in recent times then add on a bit for continual inflation in transfer fees.

At this stage though there is simply no way of knowing as there are too many variables. Assuming Bobby leaves at all of course. At the moment there isn't any sign of concrete interest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Can’t see him having the right DNA with his attitude.

It's Maddison who has an attitude, Jack's attitude is exemplary. Us and Forest are the two interested, Leeds and Villa aren't.

Peterborough have accepted a 7 figure fee for him. Have a few sources saying it’s us and a few saying Palace but we’ve certainly spoken to him on numerous occasions.... will find out who in 48 hours 

7 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Peterborough have accepted a 7 figure fee for him. Have a few sources saying it’s us and a few saying Palace but we’ve certainly spoken to him on numerous occasions.... will find out who in 48 hours 

Believe nothing!

21 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

No they haven't, it's Maddison they've accepted 7 figures for.

34 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Believe nothing!

P'boro's owner posted on twitter about the club accepting a 7 figure fee for a player, the likely candidates are Marriott and Maddison.

Edited by hodge
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BessexRED said:

It's Maddison who has an attitude, Jack's attitude is exemplary. Us and Forest are the two interested, Leeds and Villa aren't.

Do you have any inside knowledge on this then?

Although Marriott looks like a fantastic striker, I hope we don't buy him. I assume Bobby will be off and then we should be looking at playing one up front with 2 out and out wingers. Mo Eisa looks like a more sensible option, who can play the lone role or as a winger. Plus he will cost a lot less, 1 to 1.5 million I reckon. 

Alan Nixon is saying that Marriott will cost £4m and that Forest want an experienced striker, so they potentially aren't even interested at all. Would be a big gamble for a L1 player at that fee but Peterborough seem to have a fantastic record with players

1 minute ago, WRERE said:

Alan Nixon is saying that Marriott will cost £4m and that Forest want an experienced striker, so they potentially aren't even interested at all. Would be a big gamble for a L1 player at that fee but Peterborough seem to have a fantastic record with players

If he struggles in the championship we can always loan him out to Cheltenham and tell the fans he’s one for the future. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, swanker said:

If he struggles in the championship we can always loan him out to Cheltenham and tell the fans he’s one for the future. 

What we'd do with Mo Eisa give him experience of ' man's football ' .

10 minutes ago, swanker said:

This is so boring now, maybe get a new joke?

• Like 2

Well Marriott posted on his Twitter last night from Malaga he had a late flight, he’s cut his holiday short to come and speak to someone. Checking the Bristol airport times there was a flight from Malaga landing at 1:30 this morning. This could be  on! 

I for one would love him here. To many times we’ve turned our noses up at lower league players because they are to much of a risk and they end up doing well. If we lose Reid he’d be a perfect replacement. We spent over 5 million on an unknown Diedhiou, not sure why everyone is so opposed to spending less on a younger striker whose just had an amazing season. If he repeats it then we’ve got another 15 million pound player on our hands. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Negan said:

Well Marriott posted on his Twitter last night from Malaga he had a late flight, he’s cut his holiday short to come and speak to someone. Checking the Bristol airport times there was a flight from Malaga landing at 1:30 this morning. This could be  on! 

I for one would love him here. To many times we’ve turned our noses up at lower league players because they are to much of a risk and they end up doing well. If we lose Reid he’d be a perfect replacement. We spent over 5 million on an unknown Diedhiou, not sure why everyone is so opposed to spending less on a younger striker whose just had an amazing season. If he repeats it then we’ve got another 15 million pound player on our hands. 

I’d like to have him too. O’Dowda was a large gamble for 1.5m from L2 and looks a bargain now. People will turn their noses to the deal because of the fee if it goes through but we can’t expect other clubs to be cheap options when we want to sell our best players for huge sums too. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Negan said:

Good detective work - that's what the transfer window is for!

• Like 2

Scored a shed load last season in L1, still only 23 years old

If 4 million is the correct figure reported then why not. 

Gayle & Assombalonga both gone on to do well in the higher leagues after successful spells at Posh. 

Edited by Cider-Head23

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good detective work - that's what the transfer window is for!

The times work perfectly for either Bristol or London. We can rule at Leeds and Nottingham Forest in my opinion. We’ve been strongly linked, genuinely think this might be happening now, be gutted if he ends up elsewhere as I can see him doing well next season. Hopefully this tweet doesn’t come back and bite me in 12 months when he’s signs for Forest and has 3 goals in 46 apps :laughcont:

• Like 2

Someone get down the Avon Gorge right now.

Jacky Marriott's coming home.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Gayle & Assombalonga both gone on to do well in the higher leagues after successful spells at Posh. 

£6m ish imo mate.

36 minutes ago, Negan said:

Absolutely this.

17 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

indeed, and the goal is the same size what ever division, would be a good signing if its us imo 

• Like 2

I’d be happy with this, we’re lacking a striker that runs in behind to score. I’m not sure how good his all round game is but he scores a good variety of different finishes which makes me think he could do it at a higher level.