IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So was this Bristol Airport decor and coffee cups, uploaded at Malaga?

I’m sure someone will claim it was!!

If you look carefully you can see what is on the phone of the person  in the background. Interesting, very interesting!

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Flown from Malaga to Bristol many times over the years and flight departure is always near midnight so going by the time of the post and he is in Malaga airport then he could have flown into Bristol? Just need someone to get hold of the passenger list. Must be a city fan at Bristol airport who can take a look

4 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Flown from Malaga to Bristol many times over the years and flight departure is always near midnight so going by the time of the post and he is in Malaga airport then he could have flown into Bristol? Just need someone to get hold of the passenger list. Must be a city fan at Bristol airport who can take a look

Good god if I need any private detective work done il come here, save me a fortune.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This ones difficult. Is there a bar in Bristol Airport, or more pertinently a coffee shop (judging by the contents of the table in the background), with seating that ranges from high to low? 

There are 5 coffee shops in Bris Airport:

- Costa - On the side, not enough depth to be the one in the photo - rule it out.

- SOHO x2 - One of these has round tables, but one has seating at different elevations.

- Caffe Ritazza - No photos on the internet I can find.

- Starbucks - Round tables - can rule this one out.

One of the SOHO coffees at Bristol airport has similar tables at varying elevations (As would be required to match the photo) and has a similar enough lighting that it could be the one we're after. However, the tables appear a bit too light - more brown than the table in the photo attached.

Alternatively, it was Malaga. 

Perhaps he flew in from his holiday the other night. Had a day at BS3 today discussing his contract and terms. He signed and sealed the deal and flew back out to finish off his holiday. If two of his friends have congratulated him and both tagged BCFC its possible

31 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Unbelievable, I rented the same place in Mijas 6 years ago. For info it's 2o min drive to Malaga airport. Not that it's got anything to do with his transfer but to be flying out and back to Malaga to Bristol is feasible

5 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

We’ve been over it a million times and we’ll never agree on him. That’s cool. 

Chris Hughton knew better though. 

Did he?

I suspect he hoped for more from Baldock than a paltry 17 goals in 3 Championship seasons.

I'll bear in mind for future forum debates that statistics, however obviously damning, are irrelevant to you. 

Are grown men really excited/worried/ any kind of emotions over a football transfer ? :laugh: we all love the close season but in reality it’s the firthest thing from my mind . I  don’t wish to offend but surely if as a fan you’re worrying where a player is holidaying etc etc it’s borderline weird .

4 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

This ones difficult. Is there a bar in Bristol Airport, or more pertinently a coffee shop (judging by the contents of the table in the background), with seating that ranges from high to low? 

There are 5 coffee shops in Bris Airport:

- Costa - On the side, not enough depth to be the one in the photo - rule it out.

- SOHO x2 - One of these has round tables, but one has seating at different elevations.

- Caffe Ritazza - No photos on the internet I can find.

- Starbucks - Round tables - can rule this one out.

One of the SOHO coffees at Bristol airport has similar tables at varying elevations (As would be required to match the photo) and has a similar enough lighting that it could be the one we're after. However, the tables appear a bit too light - more brown than the table in the photo attached.

Alternatively, it was Malaga. 

Haha that is such a transfer window post 

7 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Did he?

I suspect he hoped for more from Baldock than a paltry 17 goals in 3 Championship seasons.

I'll bear in mind for future forum debates that statistics, however obviously damning, are irrelevant to you. 

Again, been over it a million times. I’d say the fact that he offered him a new contract and the vast majority of Brighton fans were happy about it - after their promotion to the premier league - speaks volumes about his worth to Brighton that season  

But I’m sure you know better 

Let’s agree to disagree. 

29 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Again, been over it a million times. I’d say the fact that he offered him a new contract and the vast majority of Brighton fans were happy about it - after their promotion to the premier league - speaks volumes about his worth to Brighton that season  

Let’s agree to disagree. 

he was vital in the way they play and was pretty important in their promotion but he must be shit because he only scored 17 goals in 3 championship season,

Rooney has to be shit he's never scored in the championship

33 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Let’s agree to disagree. 

I found Baldock quite a hard watch at times. In certain games the ball just seemed to bounce off him as if he was wearing bricks instead of boots. I remember when we played Coventry away (when they were at Northampton) and we lost 5-4 or something.. I was very close to pitchside and his touch was looked horrible up close.

No denying he is an effective player though, works really hard and at times is deadly. His all round contribution is obviously his main asset.

16 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

he was vital in the way they play and was pretty important in their promotion but he must be shit because he only scored 17 goals in 3 championship season,

Rooney has to be shit he's never scored in the championship

Worst comment I’ve ever seen on this site. You must be thick as **** 

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I found Baldock quite a hard watch at times. In certain games the ball just seemed to bounce off him as if he was wearing bricks instead of boots. I remember when we played Coventry away (when they were at Northampton) and we lost 5-4 or something.. I was very close to pitchside and his touch was looked horrible up close.

No denying he is an effective player though, works really hard and at times is deadly. His all round contribution is obviously his main asset.

I agree. He’s not a particularly natural goal scorer as evidenced by the stats. I like stats but they don’t tell everything as we know. 

If I want a guaranteed 20 goal man at this level who did nothing for the team other than score then he’s not the guy you go to.

Having said that his most recent season at championship level was his most prolific at 1 in 3 so I’d suggest he’d be an asset to plenty at this level. 

What he does do is create opportunities for others through relentless work, which wasn’t lost on Hughton. He just fit the way they played. That’s the best part of his game and there’s no stat to measure it  

But I’d much rather have a pair of strikers that score - say - 35 between them (25+10) than two who score 15 each. 

It’s like Taylor. Taylor is never going to score 20-25 goals a season at this level. But he’s an absolute nightmare to play against because he doesn’t give the defence a moment’s peace which creates opportunity for the team. Does the grunt work to allow someone else to take the glory. 

What we would have done for a couple more who would run through brick walls at the end of last season....

Archived