IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

19 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Getting bored of all this now. Zero activity from city. No kit still, no sales, no purchases despite all the links in and out. Absolutely nothing coming out of the club.

this Marriott nonsense is getting boring now as well. Rather us not waste a big chunk of our budget on a player unproven in championship. Probably worth 3 mill tops.

anyone have any idea why there is bugger all going on at the club? The only thing to have happened is Magnussen's sale and I don't even think that's been announced officially by the club. Where are the sales of engvall et al? Contract situations regarding Reid and Bryan or their subsequent sales? Players linked to like Henderson, McQueen etc?

just nothing and it's bloody annoying given the window has been open since 17th May! Grrrrr

Hmm.. is this the return of @tinman85?!

Forest have a better history?

2 European Cups is not as many as 3 Freight Rover pots - simple maths

Have to say, I'm with Bob & Dave - I'm not overly fussed about this one. £6.5m is a lot of money for someone who hasn't played at this level. Happy for Forest to win this one

Just now, Dredd said:

If he genuinely favours Forest then cut our interest now and move on to another target. I only want players who want to play for Bristol City, not Bristol City If Forest Can’t Afford Me

I would be very very surprised if a 23 year old player is genuinely interested in Forest because of their 'history'.

They haven't been a successful club since before he was born.

It's more likely a tactic to try and goad Forest fans into pressuring the board to sign him.. fans of clubs like that (and Leeds) love being told they're a 'big/famous club'.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I would be very very surprised if a 23 year old player is genuinely interested in Forest because of their 'history'.

They haven't been a successful club since before he was born.

It's more likely a tactic to try and goad Forest fans into pressuring the board to sign him.. fans of clubs like that (and Leeds) love being told they're a 'big/famous club'.

I agree it’s probably Fry being Fry but if the quotes are genuine then nuts to him. 

“And the representatives he spoke to said Nottingham Forest are having a right go next year to try to get back to where they belong, in the Premier League.”

The most annoying bloody statement in football.

No team belongs anywhere. You are where you are based on last seasons results.

If you aren't good enough you get relegated no matter how "big a name you are".

Just ask any Sunderland fan.

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Forest have a better history?

2 European Cups is not as many as 3 Freight Rover pots - simple maths

Have to say, I'm with Bob & Dave - I'm not overly fussed about this one. £6.5m is a lot of money for someone who hasn't played at this level. Happy for Forest to win this one

If history is such a deciding factor then why hasn't Prussia ever qualified for the World Cup finals? Riddle me that Jack Marriott.

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I really now hope we don't sign Marriott.

If he's just interested in Nottingham Forest's history then it shows him to be a gullible unintelligent football player.

Everyone knows Robin Hood was made up.

Men didn't wear make up in Robin Hood's time .

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s June the 8th. The season has just finished. Do you really think nothing is happening just because the club haven’t said anything?

Recently we’ve been very, very good at keeping things under wraps until the deals are done or all but done.

....and if/when LJ or MA do say anything, there will be loads on here suggesting it is better that they say nothing!

Rather spend a quarter of whats being rumoured on someone like Mo Eisa. Every year there’s another lower league striker who deserves a move to the championship after a good season. £5-6m is a huge amount for someone with a single good season at League one. 

Interesting that Peterborough fans rate him higher than Gayle though. Maybe we’re all being too pessimistic on Marriott’s ability. 

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Rather spend a quarter of whats being rumoured on someone like Mo Eisa. Every year there’s another lower league striker who deserves a move to the championship after a good season. £5-6m is a huge amount for someone with a single good season at League one. 

Interesting that Peterborough fans rate him higher than Gayle though. Maybe we’re all being too pessimistic on Marriott’s ability. 

Barry Fry probably pays them to say that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we've gone back with something like a 5.5m take it or leave it offer and Fry hasn't accepted it and is trying to tempt Forest into bettering it or matching it, and using the player is keen on Forest angle. He basically is looking for confirmation if Forest will match or beat our offer. If they don't I'm sure we'll hear a bid has been accepted, like wise if Forest get announced as having a bid accepted I think we'll be out the running.

Johnson said something last year about the club doesn't like to get held to ransom on new contracts and signings and they set a deadline on offers so they can work out if they need to look elsewhere or not. I suspect we've gone in with our final offer and Fry is simply testing the water, hoping Forest bite. 

30 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

25 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Barry Fry probably pays them to say that.

In fairness, over the last few years Posh fans have seen some pretty good players  at London Road ( Boyd, Mackail-Smith, Tomlin, Gayle and Assombalonga)  , most of whom have gone on to be successful at a higher level, so they might just know what they are talking about.

Also I don't think Barry Fry  needs anyone else to do his talking for him - he manages quite well all by himself! :) 

Echo the comments that it sounds like Fry drumming up a bidding war.

Apart from anything, I'd be frustrated if I was the player and he was speaking on my behalf.

That kind of comment could weaken the his negotiation position and potentially pee off other clubs in for him. 

Unless the player is set on Forest and is willing to gamble on putting his eggs in one basket.

12 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Echo the comments that it sounds like Fry drumming up a bidding war.

Apart from anything, I'd be frustrated if I was the player and he was speaking on my behalf.

That kind of comment could weaken the his negotiation position and potentially pee off other clubs in for him. 

Unless the player is set on Forest and is willing to gamble on putting his eggs in one basket.

Do  Dunder accept eggs as payment ?

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I like the look of Marriott but at £3-4m....not £6.5m.

I think Fry is trying to drum up a bidding war, but most clubs out there know how Peterboro operate....however they do get good money for their players.

Exactly, worth a punt but not at £6.5mill.

I also think that figure is being put out there to start the show off , though it will be interesting to see the outcome.

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

If history is such a deciding factor then why hasn't Prussia ever qualified for the World Cup finals? Riddle me that Jack Marriott.

2 hours ago an he's not replied, Rudy

You've nailed him there, fella

47 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

2 hours ago an he's not replied, Rudy

You've nailed him there, fella

You should watch how you word things with @Rudolf Hucker around

Swing low Jack Marriott would be great though

Think Forest are just being used a bit. Doesn’t seem like a Karanka buy. He has stated he wants an experienced striker. I imagine he could take that money to Spain and get a really good La Liga striker to come over. Can’t see him going there but if he doesn’t come here and he goes for 6-7m I won’t be gutted. 

Tbh at that price I am going to Europe for a striker. I suggested a striker from Serie B a while a go. I know it would seem like another foreign punt(not sure what his fee would be) but I think it is safer with forwards and also Marriott would also be a punt at the 6-7m. So if we can get him around 4m(don’t mind if Matty T was involved plus that sum) then I’d be happy with it. If not, then I’d rather go foreign. Would not be against a Mo Eisa either. Though feel it is still a punt all the same.

I just hope if we buy any of these players that they play. That has been our biggest problem recruiting. We buy these guys and they sit. That is why I am hoping for more outgoing than incoming. We feel like a club learning how to best buy and sell players while maximising their value. We failed in our first go buying loads of youth then not being able to play them with we are in a relegation battle or playoff battle. I’d rather finish mid  table again but see our recruits start showing some promise. Play some of the youth!

43 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

You should watch how you word things with @Rudolf Hucker around

Swing low Jack Marriott would be great though

Think Forest are just being used a bit. Doesn’t seem like a Karanka buy. He has stated he wants an experienced striker. I imagine he could take that money to Spain and get a really good La Liga striker to come over. Can’t see him going there but if he doesn’t come here and he goes for 6-7m I won’t be gutted. 

Tbh at that price I am going to Europe for a striker. I suggested a striker from Serie B a while a go. I know it would seem like another foreign punt(not sure what his fee would be) but I think it is safer with forwards and also Marriott would also be a punt at the 6-7m. So if we can get him around 4m(don’t mind if Matty T was involved plus that sum) then I’d be happy with it. If not, then I’d rather go foreign. Would not be against a Mo Eisa either. Though feel it is still a punt all the same.

I just hope if we buy any of these players that they play. That has been our biggest problem recruiting. We buy these guys and they sit. That is why I am hoping for more outgoing than incoming. We feel like a club learning how to best buy and sell players while maximising their value. We failed in our first go buying loads of youth then not being able to play them with we are in a relegation battle or playoff battle. I’d rather finish mid  table again but see our recruits start showing some promise. Play some of the youth!

I'd rather we won the league with a team full of mermaids......shhhhhhh....Just picture it!

Archived