IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

19 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Christ if were having to potentially pay 6.5 mill for Marriott, bobby's fee to west brom should be double that!

Sadly we seem to have the buy low sell high sign the wrong way around :read:

I think we will do well to get near £10m . While he's had a great season and is a bit of a media darling, coming into the last year of contract is telling, if Bobs determined not to sign an extension , we are not in a strong position . Marriott (still not convinced we're in for him) may have also had one great season but, Peterboro are proven at selling on player for profit, in fact they live and die by it, but he has 3 years left on his contract. 
That said, taking £7M for Bob and spending £6.5 on Marriott seems ridiculous , even allowing for Reid wanting to move on.

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Sadly we seem to have the buy low sell high sign the wrong way around :read:

I think we will do well to get near £10m . While he's had a great season and is a bit of a media darling, coming into the last year of contract is telling, if Bobs determined not to sign an extension , we are not in a strong position . Marriott (still not convinced we're in for him) may have also had one great season but, Peterboro are proven at selling on player for profit, in fact they live and die by it, but he has 3 years left on his contract. 
That said, taking £7M for Bob and spending £6.5 on Marriott seems ridiculous , even allowing for Reid wanting to move on.

Good point in last paragraph. Is Marriott  worth near enough the same as Bobby? I think not. 

Get your point but unfortunately sometimes you have to pay an inflated price to ensure you get the man you want & sometimes you have to accept a lower price to ensure you get some sort of fee from a player with just a year remaining on his contract, who could walk for nothing.

There's more factors involved than just simply 'who's better/worth more.'

5 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Get your point but unfortunately sometimes you have to pay an inflated price to ensure you get the man you want & sometimes you have to accept a lower price to ensure you get some sort of fee from a player with just a year remaining on his contract, who could walk for nothing.

There's more factors involved than just simply 'who's better/worth more.'

Exactly this. With BR going into the last year of his contract we don’t hold any of the cards I’m afraid. 

11 minutes ago, westonred said:

We have turned down £7m for BR so we will be getting more than that. if we got say £10m and get Marriot for £5.5m then we have had a result

Have we turned it down?  Not sure City have commented, purely Sky say West Brom have bid.

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 19:23, westonred said:

We have turned down £7m for BR so we will be getting more than that. if we got say £10m and get Marriot for £5.5m then we have had a result

Darragh MacAnthony (Posh chairman) said on twitter last night that no-one has met their valuation for Marriott (£6.5m if rumours are to be believed). I'd imagine if Reid gets done this week for £10m+ then we will take Marriott for the £6.5.  I reckon terms are agreed with the player and we're just waiting on cash to be freed up as a result of the Reid deal.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Darragh MacAnthony (Posh chairman) said on twitter last night that no-one has met their valuation for Marriott (£6.5m if rumours are to be believed). I'd imagine if Reid gets done this week for £10m+ then we will take Marriott for the £6.5.  I reckon terms are agreed with the player and we're just waiting on cash to be freed up as a result of the Reid deal.

Well i think it would be very optimistic to get 10 million for reid. And the only source there is a 7 million bid at all is from sky sports, and i dont see that as an alternative the main bcfc website either?

14 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Well i think it would be very optimistic to get 10 million for reid. And the only source there is a 7 million bid at all is from sky sports, and i dont see that as an alternative the main bcfc website either?

Agreed. I may get reprimanded for this but thought the initial offer for £7m for a player with 1 very good season under his belt and a year left on the contract was quite good. Im sure the value will be around the 8.5m mark which isnt bad business. I would of course rather give the lad a pay rise and a 4 year contract and ask he stay for 1 more season.

17 minutes ago, simon uk said:

you'll never see that, we don't do our business in public,

if 7 million was an acceptable bid then he would of gone by now,

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He's not back from Spain for another 10 days, from what I've been told that's not true but we shall see, can't doubt your track record on here.

Archived