Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Charlie BCFC

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good detective work - that's what the transfer window is for!

Their forum seem to think he's heading to Sunderland. No idea if there was a flight to the North east last night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

indeed, and the goal is the same size what ever division, would be a good signing if its us imo 

That is what's so great about this forum......learning amazing new facts

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Bet Victor:

image.png.e58f5f6b6131d0a569b6455f6c135acd.png

We're fairly close then? What are the rest of the bookies saying, I can't look cause I'm at work.

Ipswich being in the discussion is a bit of a joke mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

We're fairly close then? What are the rest of the bookies saying, I can't look cause I'm at work.

Ipswich being in the discussion is a bit of a joke mind.

I wonder how many transfers to Ipswich you have to go to get to 4m combined for them. Don’t tend to spend much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeAman08 said:

I wonder how many transfers to Ipswich you have to go to get to 4m combined for them. Don’t tend to spend much 

Mick spent £6m in his whole tenure there. If he goes to Ipswich I'll eat a log of shite between two kingsmill white slices.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Mick spent £6m in his whole tenure there. If he goes to Ipswich I'll eat a log of shite between two kingsmill white slices.

Ugh... kingsmill bread. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw Marriott play a number of times for Luton.

Personally I don't get the love in. He always looked a league 2/ league 1 player at best; unlike Andre Gray who always had some spark about him. 

He was not first choice at Luton last season. Hence everyone was happy to take the 400k that Peterborough offered.

Fair play to him on the season he's had (like Bobby for us); but I just can't see him having the impact in the Championship that people seem to think he'll have.

If we were looking lower leagues, if look more at Billy kee at Accrington. Was fantastic for them last year, and would cost a he'll of a lot less.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I saw Marriott play a number of times for Luton.

Personally I don't get the love in. He always looked a league 2/ league 1 player at best; unlike Andre Gray who always had some spark about him. 

He was not first choice at Luton last season. Hence everyone was happy to take the 400k that Peterborough offered.

Fair play to him on the season he's had (like Bobby for us); but I just can't see him having the impact in the Championship that people seem to think he'll have.

If we were looking lower leagues, if look more at Billy kee at Accrington. Was fantastic for them last year, and would cost a he'll of a lot less.

Quite a bit older than Marriott though I think, and wasn't he the lad who got in trouble  along with Tomlin at the nightclub?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I saw Marriott play a number of times for Luton.

Personally I don't get the love in. He always looked a league 2/ league 1 player at best; unlike Andre Gray who always had some spark about him. 

He was not first choice at Luton last season. Hence everyone was happy to take the 400k that Peterborough offered.

Fair play to him on the season he's had (like Bobby for us); but I just can't see him having the impact in the Championship that people seem to think he'll have.

If we were looking lower leagues, if look more at Billy kee at Accrington. Was fantastic for them last year, and would cost a he'll of a lot less.

Great at unlocking defences.

( take that Negan ! )

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BessexRED said:

No they haven't, it's Maddison they've accepted 7 figures for.

Not what I’ve been told mate, will be interesting to see either way I think Marriot coming here is a goer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matty Taylor had a similar league one ratio to Marriott and scored far more than him in league 2. £4m is a lot for any lower league player. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Their forum seem to think he's heading to Sunderland. No idea if there was a flight to the North east last night?

Their owner tweeted the player they'd accepted a 7 figure offer for was from a club above league one, nothing to say its Marriott but if he's leaving his holiday early it would seem like it

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Matty Taylor had a similar league one ratio to Marriott and scored far more than him in league 2. £4m is a lot for any lower league player. 

£4m is a lot - but maybe LJ's summer war-chest has had a certain Swedish/Maltese based financial boost?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Not what I’ve been told mate, will be interesting to see either way I think Marriot coming here is a goer

Are you itk mate or just an educated guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2018 at 15:22, Woodsy said:

I hope someone has told his wife, Bob

I read somewhere that Litts had given his jacket to a fan after the final day escape, and had left his wallet and wedding ring in there and had to ask on social media if he could get it back :laughcont:

 

On 03/06/2018 at 01:30, PHILINFRANCE said:

Does anybody know why both teams were wearing black armbands?

 

6 hours ago, Negan said:

Well Marriott posted on his Twitter last night from Malaga he had a late flight, he’s cut his holiday short to come and speak to someone. Checking the Bristol airport times there was a flight from Malaga landing at 1:30 this morning. This could be  on! 

 

I for one would love him here. To many times we’ve turned our noses up at lower league players because they are to much of a risk and they end up doing well. If we lose Reid he’d be a perfect replacement. We spent over 5 million on an unknown Diedhiou, not sure why everyone is so opposed to spending less on a younger striker whose just had an amazing season. If he repeats it then we’ve got another 15 million pound player on our hands. 

If we do we will have blown a few million - should have signed him when he was at Luton as a £400k punt / development - when we signed Hinds and Bakinson (Who might prove ok) 

one look told you he was a finisher 

I wouldn’t spend 5/6 m on him at this point - we missed the value for money boat on several occasions with this one

6 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Can he play up front on his own with Diedhiou out for the first 6?

No , not really - he’s a finisher  - think Adam Le Fondre

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, devoncider said:

Da Silva off to Wigan according to SSN. That could be the player their chairman was referencing, not Marriott 

It is, been confirmed by MacAnthony. So Marriott not going anywhere imminently it would seem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

Not what I’ve been told mate, will be interesting to see either way I think Marriot coming here is a goer

Was Da Silva-Lopez they accepted it for, I was wrong to assume Maddison but didn't think they had anyone else that'd command a 7 figure fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Was Da Silva-Lopez they accepted it for, I was wrong to assume Maddison but didn't think they had anyone else that'd command a 7 figure fee.

Yeah in fairness I’m surprised it’s DSL but as said before Marriot is deffo a goer it’s whether we can beat everyone else to his signature. 100% have been talks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

I'd like him as well but not for the supposed £4-5m fee that's been thrown around. 

A goalscorer who has scored over 60 goals in 2  seasons . Lg1 lg2 . 4 - 5 million isn’t a lot for a striker with those stats . Who would you like to see 4-5 million spent on . Out of interest . A young 23 year old with bags of potential or value possibly. Or ?

Edited by Red Army 75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

A goalscorer who has scored over 60 goals in 2  seasons . Lg1 lg2 . 4 - 5 million isn’t a lot for a striker with those stats . Who would you like to see 4-5 million spent on . Out of interest . A young 23 year old with bags of potential or value possibly. Or ?

I'd rather use that money to bring in the likes of Harry Wilson or Mason Mount on loan. I feel like we lack goals in the midfield. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

I'd rather use that money to bring in the likes of Harry Wilson or Mason Mount on loan. I feel like we lack goals in the midfield. 

So you would rather use 4/5 million on 1or 2 loans . Dead money. Rather than spend money on a player who could be an investment. Big no from me . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Matty Taylor had a similar league one ratio to Marriott and scored far more than him in league 2. £4m is a lot for any lower league player. 

Taylor 27 goals in 46 games

Marriott 27 goals in 44 games. Both in L1. Main difference being I suppose that Marriott is 23 whereas Taylor was 26.

6 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

We're fairly close then? What are the rest of the bookies saying, I can't look cause I'm at work.

Ipswich being in the discussion is a bit of a joke mind.

He started his career at Ipswich which is probably why they're on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Taylor 27 goals in 46 games

Marriott 27 goals in 44 games. Both in L1. Main difference being I suppose that Marriott is 23 whereas Taylor was 26.

He started his career at Ipswich which is probably why they're on there.

Taylor didn't play a whole season in League one. He got 16 in 27 for Rovers before he joined us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Taylor didn't play a whole season in League one. He got 16 in 27 for Rovers before he joined us.

Sorry, you're right 27 goals from 46 games was his last season in L2.

Still, I'm not sure it helps your point as whilst it was a decent goals/games ratio it was obviously only 27 games versus 44 so hard to say if he'd have matched it over the course of the season. Agree, they're similar enough records either way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

I'd like him as well but not for the supposed £4-5m fee that's been thrown around. 

How much would you be asking for Reid after his one good season from prem clubs? How much would you ask had he had the same season in L1? Marriott is also a couple years younger. The fee sounds about right.

This comes with the territory I am afraid. Afobe types cost 12m and 35k a week. Diony and Fam types cost 5-6m up front and say 15-20k a week. Marriott 4-5m and probably in the 10-15k a week range. Any transfer is risky and we are at the disadvantage of being a 2nd division club in england where most targets are on everyone’s else radar and clubs expect decent sums in return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BobBobSuperBob I know you’ve seen a fair bit of him, I’ve only seen highlights type stuff.  From that he reminds me of Pitman in the way he finishes?  Is that accurate?  What’s the rest of his game like....or is it irrelevant because he’s a finisher?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/06/2018 at 16:49, ZiderEyed said:

It's not even journalism.

Pick the name of a young player in the news out of a hat and say we're linked with him. It's so easy to do.

That’s basically this forum now isn’t it?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen a Nottingham Forest page tweet this. Makes for good reading. 

 

Stats in all comps. whilst at Peterborough United:

Britt Assombalonga 33 goals 3 assists 139 mins per goal / assist

Jack Marriott 33 goals 5 assists 129 mins per goal / assist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

@BobBobSuperBob I know you’ve seen a fair bit of him, I’ve only seen highlights type stuff.  From that he reminds me of Pitman in the way he finishes?  Is that accurate?  What’s the rest of his game like....or is it irrelevant because he’s a finisher?

Works harder than Pitman Dave from what I’ve seen but ultimately I’d Class him as a penalty box player , a second striker to play alongside another

As I said reminds me of Adam Le Fondre 

I havnt seen lots of him really but kept an eye on him as from the first time I saw a goal of his he just looked a natural finisher 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

FAD47368-53A1-4C87-B0FB-222EB1DAC763.thumb.png.fd2b848a0838366d0efdb43aa1351421.pngD54645C2-874F-4DCE-9FBA-27178DDA3501.thumb.png.cd3cdf5ec3f3dfeae78e72d7b7429306.png

 

The figure is incorrect. Does that mean the team is correct? 

That’s how it sounds

 

@Davefevs - you may of seen it but found this - which gives you a feel for him

Clarifies my impression of him , good finisher , finishes well with decent service but doesn’t often create his own 

Not sure I’d pay 4/5 m for him , he’d be a  gamble at that price that could prove to be genius or a a big miss

Maybe alongside FD he’d be fine , but he would need ‘feeding’

 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Yeah in fairness I’m surprised it’s DSL but as said before Marriot is deffo a goer it’s whether we can beat everyone else to his signature. 100% have been talks

believe me I'm well aware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That’s how it sounds

 

@Davefevs - you may of seen it but found this - which gives you a feel for him

Clarifies my impression of him , good finisher , finishes well with decent service but doesn’t often create his own 

Not sure I’d pay 4/5 m for him , he’d be a  gamble at that price that could prove to be genius or a a big miss

Maybe alongside FD he’d be fine , but he would need ‘feeding’

 

Bobby and Tammy, more so, didn’t create their own, still got by very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Works harder than Pitman Dave from what I’ve seen but ultimately I’d Class him as a penalty box player , a second striker to play alongside another

As I said reminds me of Adam Le Fondre 

I havnt seen lots of him really but kept an eye on him as from the first time I saw a goal of his he just looked a natural finisher 

This would suggest that's the case.

Dc1OSkRWAAAUz8h.jpg:large

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't want to say anything, but I'm slightly confused by the flight as I'm nearly certain he was in Bristol on the weekend. Any 'ITK' feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He seems like a decent all round striker from that footage, albeit at a lower level than championship (he even bagged a hatrick against the worlds sixth richest team!) - one thing I noticed on the video is the number of those goals he scores with the first touch and often off balance too. This is a good sign imo, as no matter what level he plays at being able to get the shot away early will make it harder for the goalkeeper and defence than trying to take a few touches.

He also scored quite a few one on ones - could we finally have found a player that is actually clinical in those situations?  (or are we not being shown the six misses that it took to score one like most of our recent strikers  :fear: )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me of Tony Thorpe judging by that video, no bad thing. Pretty quick too.

The defending at the Mem was a tad comical, he had enough room for a new tent for the 3rd one! 

Lose the silly hairstyle as well. #MOANYOLDGIT.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...