IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

1 hour ago, Cov 77 said:

I think we are talking to Peterborough regarding Marriott but if they or the player don’t want to know than don’t hang it out , if you look at the stats , goals per minute etc would be worth going for someone like Lewis  Grabban , from all accounts 5 million or less for a proven championship Goalscorer , maybe be 30 but few years left and that much needed experience 

But that's 5 Mil we will never see back plus 4.5mil in wages over a 3 yr contract.

We won't be entering into these types of scenarios anytime soon.

18 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

@BobBobSuperBob's not available by PM.

If he was I'd be advising him to stop rising to the bait, enlarge his ignore list asap, and confine his comments to BCFC matters where imo. he's a fine poster who makes a very valuable contribution to the forum.

Let's not forget we're all on here for one reason, and one reason only - to talk about BCFC -  so if there are personal clashes it's up to Bob, and others, to make full use of the ignore facility so we have less squabbling and can all concentrate on talking about City.

I’ve ignored plenty recently Nogs

But when the little possee gather , cackle and attack together I am happy to stand up for myself

Generally recently I’ve ignored it but give it out and sometimes they are going to get a reply

Personally I Thought the fact that some of the worst offenders can’t even support the forum that they want to police was somewhat ironic

some right sad little pot stirrers on here mind :laughcont: and some in particular who are very selective as to what or rather who , they make comment on , whilst numerous threads and content far worse or extreme go along without any comment from them 

Some that I didn’t highlight , that always pipe up , at least bother to support the forum with their subscriptions

Im going to leave this particular thread subject for now 

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

But when the little possee gather , cackle and attack together I am happy to stand up for myself

Generally recently I’ve ignored it but give it out and sometimes they are going to get a reply

Personally I Thought the fact that some of the worst offenders can’t even support the forum that they want to police was somewhat ironic

some right sad little pot stirrers on here mind :laughcont: and some in particular who are very selective as to what or rather who , they make comment on , whilst numerous threads and content far worse or extreme go along without any comment from them 

Some that I didn’t highlight , that always pipe up , at least bother to support the forum with their subscriptions

I honestly don't know why contributers to OTIB get so involved personally, after all I'm pretty certain that BobBobSuperBob isn't even your real name .

My take on the possible transfer;

The bloke knows where the net is and could be an excellent signing but not at any price .

We want value from our signings and if those greedy fockers at Posh take it all then there isn't any.

The ridiculous fees being quoted for him would bring in much better quality than a L1 player who has had one outstanding season .

I just hope that we don't get sucked into the selling club's little game wanting to show the world how great we are at negociating by unveiling this player at 5 or 6 million with the inevitable add ons .

I won't count on it though .

27 minutes ago, JamboBCFC said:

He scores goals, and goalscorers will always cost a premium. Reminds me of a Pitman that can run. Think he's well worth it personally, with the obvious caveat that I'm not paying anything towards it. 

Yep. People obsessing at the fee but times have changed. 

If a proven Champ striker is £10-15m then £5-6m for the best of the next tier feels about right if you think he has the capacity to step up the level. 

Given that Posh fans rate him higher than Gayle and Assombalonga I’d say that money sounds like it’s not bad in context of the market and the individual. 

9 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Held face to face talks with our club representatives today, not been told how they've gone but I'm hopeful. He's interested.

He might be particularly interested to see how  our strikers in recent seasons have fared.

Kodjia did well and moved on to Villa for big money. Tammy, although not our player, did very well in his season here and moved on to the prem and now one of our own players has moved to the prem for big money after a stellar season. He might think that to further his career as a striker we are a good choice.

19 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If a proven Champ striker is £10m then £5-6 for the best of the next tier feels about right if you think he has the capacity to step up the level. 

Given that Posh fans rate him higher than Gayle and Assombalonga I’d say that money sounds like it’s not bad in context of the market and the individual. 

This!

Some people still get a sweat on when we start talking 7 figures. Indeed times have changed, and the Championship as we all know is a brutal division. Unfortunately if you don't dig deep then you'll be back to L1 in the blink of an eye. Yes you can pick up the odd bargain now and again (Kodjia) but they are rare, but most of the time if you want any sort of quality you have to pay for it!

Look at Forest at the moment, going completely crazy with their spending. Will FFP come into it? That's another team that will probably push us down a notch, then someone else spends big, and we go down another notch, and suddenly the L1 trap door is in sight again. I'm not saying we go mad ourselves but we have to at least compete.

56 minutes ago, JamboBCFC said:

He scores goals, and goalscorers will always cost a premium. Reminds me of a Pitman that can run. Think he's well worth it personally, with the obvious caveat that I'm not paying anything towards it. 

Funny enough, thought the same.  Think it’s his running style, albeit a bit quicker.  Quickness of the brain and feet is the key though.

Wasnt it Mickey Quinn who said he was the quickest player over 1 yard in the 1st Division?

47 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If a proven Champ striker is £10-15m then £5-6m for the best of the next tier feels about right if you think he has the capacity to step up the level. 

I was gonna say that I still think £5-6m is too much for a League One player and then saw this?5CAB7A3C-7779-48AE-BACF-29254A62C210.thumb.jpeg.89d6e88665917ac8a977da8dc3650243.jpeg

Maybe that’s the going rate really.  Still seems a lot, but hey-ho.

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hold your own where you feel strongly on City related matters by all means - most of us try to - but the rest is a complete waste of time and energy.

There are clearly a couple of posters who would like nothing better than to see you ejected from the forum and continually attempt to rile you to that end.

It seems to me you're going to give them the satisfaction of succeeding unless you stop rising to the bait.

When you're getting angry/frustrated with a poster you feel is baiting you make your first thought to be to hit the ignore button rather than replying, and you'll find the forum a relaxing and pleasant place to visit rather than stressful.

Your 'likes' total indicates most posters really appreciate your BCFC input so just stick to that if i were you and literally ignore the rest - don't allow needless squabbling to overshadow your otherwise very positive contribution.

42 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

If we’ve got 10m for Bobby and spend 5-6 on Marriot I think that’s fair enough. It sounds a lot but at the end of the day it’s the going rate now a days and still leaves us with a tidy profit.

which we can piss away on some untested overseas players who will end up on loan...;)

9 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Hold your own where you feel strongly on City related matters by all means - most of us try to - but the rest is a complete waste of time and energy.

There are clearly a couple of posters who would like nothing better than to see you ejected from the forum and continually attempt to rile you to that end.

It seems to me you're going to give them the satisfaction of succeeding unless you stop rising to the bait.

When you're getting angry/frustrated with a poster you feel is baiting you make your first thought to be to hit the ignore button rather than replying, and you'll find the forum a relaxing and pleasant place to visit rather than stressful.

Your 'likes' total indicates most posters really appreciate your BCFC input so just stick to that if i were you and literally ignore the rest - don't allow needless squabbling to overshadow your otherwise very positive contribution.

I agree , I've put everyone on ' ignore '.

:yes:

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If you’re including me in that, I’m absolutely not. Read my posts and you’ll see that I’ve only ever tried to rein in the belittling comments about other posters Bob sometimes makes. He acknowledged at the time of his ban that he should try to calm down. I’ve always praised the general content of his otherwise excellent posts and tried to make balanced comments about him. Clearly that doesn’t work in his eyes or yours presumably. How am I attempting to rile him by asking him not to insult other people?

To my knowledge I’ve never insulted him, as far as I can remember.

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

If you’re including me in that, I’m absolutely not. Read my posts and you’ll see that I’ve only ever tried to rein in the belittling comments about other posters Bob sometimes makes. He acknowledged at the time of his ban that he should try to calm down. I’ve always praised the general content of his otherwise excellent posts and tried to make balanced comments about him. Clearly that doesn’t work in his eyes or yours presumably. How am I attempting to rile him by asking him not to insult other people?

Do it quickly before BBSB is gone again.

:yes:

4 minutes ago, Hillzider said:

Interesting that they think this one will run and run. Can’t see us wasting time with these games from Peterborough if so. Think we either get it done relatively quickly or drop out interest and move onto the next target. 

13 minutes ago, Leveller said:

For clarification 

And I don’t want this part of the thread to go on

Levveller has never insulted me 

For what it’s worth Leveller and I’ve pointed this out to you before is that it’s only me you castigate - you let things 10 times worse than I say sail past you daily on this forum without any reaction or comment

Be what you want

but be consistent

Good Post @Nogbad the Bad I shall revert to logging off when the snakes start to play

11 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

@BobBobSuperBob's not available by PM.

If he was I'd be advising him to stop rising to the bait, enlarge his ignore list asap, and confine his comments to BCFC matters where imo. he's a fine poster who makes a very valuable contribution to the forum.

Let's not forget we're all on here for one reason, and one reason only - to talk about BCFC -  so if there are personal clashes it's up to Bob, and others, to make full use of the ignore facility so we have less squabbling and can all concentrate on talking about City.

I did try to PM bbsb as I like his posts generally Nogbad but couldn't. This has become tiresome though.

Rise above it Bob, you're better than this bud.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

For clarification 

And I don’t want this part of the thread to go on

Levveller has never insulted me 

For what it’s worth Leveller and I’ve pointed this out to you before is that it’s only me you castigate - you let things 10 times worse than I say sail past you daily on this forum without any reaction or comment

Be what you want

but be consistent

Good Post @Nogbad the Bad I shall revert to logging off when the snakes start to play

Possibly, but I don’t read every thread or every post. I don’t like any personal insults flying around, but you’re the only one I’ve noticed who consistently goes down that route.  And your point rather avoids the main issue of you own behaviour. Like I said originally, it leaves a sour taste and I’d just prefer a forum where you attack the post, not the poster, to coin a phrase. Isn’t that fair comment?

13 minutes ago, Hillzider said:

This getting silly now. i dont know loads about this Marriott but I think its time we made our best offer and put a time limit on it of a few days. If it doesnt come off we should move on to other targets.

3 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

This getting silly now. i dont know loads about this Marriott but I think its time we made our best offer and put a time limit on it of a few days. If it doesnt come off we should move on to other targets.

Spot on Milo, I totally agree!

46 minutes ago, Leveller said:

As it happens I wasn't including you Leveller. 

I could name 3 posters who have very clearly been trying to rile Bob long term and you wouldn't be one of them.

More on the periphery, occasionally joining in but tbf. probably in what you see as an attempt to maintain forum harmony - even if your comments do always seem to be joining in 'against' Bob ( or perhaps more the way he expresses himself when he feels under attack) rather than those, imo, baiting him.

I can only repeat my suggestion for all concerned to use the bloody ignore button and put an end to this nonsense.

Back to Marriott......

Archived