IGNORED

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)

Charlie BCFC

5 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

This getting silly now. i dont know loads about this Marriott but I think its time we made our best offer and put a time limit on it of a few days. If it doesnt come off we should move on to other targets.

Guaranteed he is gambling that multiple clubs come in for him. Imagine our interest has firmed now Bobby has left and they are hoping Derby sell Vydra. I am with you though. Give them your final offer and a deadline. Say 4.5m and Taylor by end of next week. It is within their rights to gamble and he has a long contract but we need to not play his games 

9 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

This getting silly now. i dont know loads about this Marriott but I think its time we made our best offer and put a time limit on it of a few days. If it doesnt come off we should move on to other targets.

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Spot on Milo, I totally agree!

I wouldn't take much notice of these sort of comments. What the press report and what is actually happening aren't usually in the same timescale. That story is probably at least 48 hours behind what's actually going on in this transfer. 

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I wouldn't take much notice of these sort of comments. What the press report and what is actually happening aren't usually in the same timescale. That story is probably at least 48 hours behind what's actually going on in this transfer. 

Good point, could be the case. If its not though i dont think we should be dragged into this circus all summer. IF LJ and the powers that be think this guy really is the real deal then make a final offer of £7m and say we want a yes or no in 48 hours. We have got the money so for the sake of an extra million or so we should put a marker down and walk away if they dont accept as this has gone on long enough. Posh can then pat themselves on the back when he signs for derby for £5m on the last day of the window and DM can go on social media to assure the masses of posh fans what a great deal him and Bazza got.

2 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Could they afford his wages?

Rovers were probably paying him sweet fa so I doubt he's on huge wages here, perhaps we'd be willing to pay part of it for the rest of his deal with us as he's entering the last season of his current contract with us

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Wowa, thats cheeky that is; lets take the cash away then and just trade with Matty.

So applying the Gas coefficient of value,  if Marriott is valued at £5.5m then Posh will be paying us a balance of circa £4.5m!

4 hours ago, hodge said:

Rovers were probably paying him sweet fa so I doubt he's on huge wages here, perhaps we'd be willing to pay part of it for the rest of his deal with us as he's entering the last season of his current contract with us

Chatting to a Rovers employee last week who does know all the players. He claimed Taylor was on four grand at Rovers and that he’s on twelve at us?

1 minute ago, swanker said:

Chatting to a Rovers employee last week who does know all the players. He claimed Taylor was on four grand at Rovers and that he’s on twelve at us?

I would've guessed 10 so 12k wouldn't be unbelievable, Peterborough can afford more than Rovers so wouldn't be surprised if we went halves with them for the last year of his contract with us or something similar.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

I would've guessed 10 so 12k wouldn't be unbelievable, Peterborough can afford more than Rovers so wouldn't be surprised if we went halves with them for the last year of his contract with us or something similar.

He also claimed Taylor wouldn’t mind moving on to get more first team football?

As Matty T hasn't asked for a move, wouldn't we have to pay the difference between what he would earn at Posh and what we're paying him for the remainder of his contract anyway?

As for the gas bloke knowing he wants more game time, does he understand that MT needed 2 hernia ops and wasn't actually available for quite a bit of last season?

If the PX happens, it seems a good deal for all parties to be honest.

23 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Would PX'ing Taylor for Marriot allow us to avoid paying the 15ers a percentage of his sell-on fee (or doesn't the system work like that?)

It would be hilarious if we found a way to avoid paying them their 'dues'!

There will be no sell on fee. It was a straight up 300k, no extra clauses.

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

As Matty T hasn't asked for a move, wouldn't we have to pay the difference between what he would earn at Posh and what we're paying him for the remainder of his contract anyway?

As for the gas bloke knowing he wants more game time, does he understand that MT needed 2 hernia ops and wasn't actually available for quite a bit of last season?

If the PX happens, it seems a good deal for all parties to be honest.

It's 12 months on his contract, if it meant a deal for Marriott I don't think we'd mind, 6k a week would be what just over 300k extra? Doubt that would stop us 

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Do people think that if we sign Marriott, he plays alongside Diedhiou? I am not so sure that's the plan. Marriott seems to be a main striker, and not one who drops deep like Reid. 

I reckon Diedhiou was to be sold this summer but his ban has caused a problem with that

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Do people think that if we sign Marriott, he plays alongside Diedhiou? I am not so sure that's the plan. Marriott seems to be a main striker, and not one who drops deep like Reid. 

Marriott is capable of doing the defensive work too, maybe not to the same standard of Reid but he can.

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I agree, which is why I think we were looking to cash in.

Don’t agree with this at all. We’re not stupid enough to sell all of our assets blimey . Would be absolute madness. 

Regarding Taylor , id like him to stay. He struggled with injury all last season and had no pre season. With a good one behind him this summer I’d hope he’d get a decent amount of games. Very intelligent player imo . 

10 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I honestly don't know why contributers to OTIB get so involved personally, after all I'm pretty certain that BobBobSuperBob isn't even your real name .

Its his first name, his full name is - BobBobSuperBob Bytaylor Smith. 

34 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

We didn’t negotiate with them, we activated a release clause. 

technically right but he had to remind rovers of their legal obligation as they refused to tell the player we activated his release clause, which is why they are so bitter about it, we got the legal team involved, they chucked their toys out the pram, which is why they announced a non exsistant gentleman's agreement to save face

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

technically right but he had to remind rovers of their legal obligation as they refused to tell the player we activated his release clause, which is why they are so bitter about it, we got the legal team involved, they chucked their toys out the pram, which is why they announced a non exsistant gentleman's agreement to save face

Irrelevant to the conversation we were having.

Archived