IGNORED

Bristol Sport - Job Ad

54-46

Now, I appreciate I am the wrong side of 40 and been in the same line of work since leaving school.

Haven’t had to apply for a job for a good few years, but this ad for a job as a Brand Manager would leave me floundering.

Seems like one for David Brent to me. 

D2B851E5-234B-4DFC-B1B5-2E50EB699F5D.jpeg

"Ensuring new brands are embedded in the organisation, creating buy in from colleagues and customers"

Can someone with an A-Level in business speak please let me know what this means, and if it's as sinister as it reads.

16 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Now, I appreciate I am the wrong side of 40 and been in the same line of work since leaving school.

Haven’t had to apply for a job for a good few years, but this ad for a job as a Brand Manager would leave me floundering.

Seems like one for David Brent to me. 

D2B851E5-234B-4DFC-B1B5-2E50EB699F5D.jpeg

What utter bollocks.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

"Ensuring new brands are embedded in the organisation, creating buy in from colleagues and customers"

Can someone with an A-Level in business speak please let me know what this means, and if it's as sinister as it reads.

Means we’re buying the Gas.

Just now, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Means we’re buying the Gas.

Either that, or Zlatan’s joining...

OK, I'll do it.

£9k per week will be acceptable, I don't want to break any wage limits. 

I'll put the same amount of effort in as the players did in the second half of the season, and if it doesn't work out they can lend me to build brand equity at Cheltenham.

20 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

As someone current taking an A-Level in Business, I believe this means, in layman's terms, creating new brands relating to Bristol Sport (maybe merchandise, perhaps hinting at new teams...?) and ensuring that these new brands are purchased and liked by existing Bristol Sport customers. I.e. maybe Bristol Sport launch an independent clothing range and its the Brand Manager's job to ensure that existing customers like us ST holders buy said products.

When in business school a rather long time ago a Marketing Professor told me 'marketing is just a bunch of jargon and common sense'. 20 years of my own experience proved he was right on the jargon,  aka bs (no pun intended) and while common sense was mostly all that was required there was in fact little appetite for straight talking. 

I drive a big truck for a living now,  I am much happier! 

Translation supplied by Stanley Unwin.

“Are you all sitty comftybold two-square on your botty? Then I'll begin.
Now, like all real life experience stories, this also begins once a polly tito, and Happiness Stan, whose life evolved the ephemeral colour dreamy most, and his deep joy in this being the multicolour of the moon. Oh yes. His home a victoriana charibold, the four-wheel folloped ft-ft-ft out the back. Now, as eve on his deep approach, his eye on the moon. Alltime sometime deept joy of a full moon scintyladen dangly in the heavenly bode. But now only half! So, gathering all behind him the hintermost, he ploddy-ploddy forward into the deep complicadent fundermold of the forry to sort this one out.” 

And some on otib still believe in BS.  Unbelievable.  Perhaps now some of the doubters will understand what some of us have been warning about for a long time

And, yes I have headed a multi million pound concern and would never have allowed such a nonsense jargon ridden advert to have appeared in my name.

Does anyone for a moment thinks JL understands a word of it

Deeply worrying what is happening to our beloved City.

Wake up some of you and smell the coffee

40 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Building brand equity

Establishing and overseeing a brand guardianship policy

What does any of it all mean?

1. Make more people recognise Bristol Sport and each of the underlying clubs so we get more money from outside sponsors and investors.  (So sanitise all us fat messy buggers that make Ashton Gate look scruffy).

2. Make sure no one makes any dickish comments and stupid decisions that damage the brand.  (Should be easy to fix, send JL on a 10 year factfinding mission to Mongolia).

Archived