IGNORED

Team shirts

Clive Lewis

1 hour ago, phantom said:

How nice to see a team photograph with the full list of names printed underneath. This almost never seems to happen nowadays, one is expected to know everyone by sight. Or, as I suspect, is it pure idleness? I would add that this trend is not limited to football alone.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Interestingly I've met Mo Bokoto recently, my mate was adamant he played for City but I didn't remember him at all. Admittedly I was about 9/10 that season so dont remember much of it - did he ever actually play?

For what its worth a very nice guy, and works for the academy

• Admin
25 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Interestingly I've met Mo Bokoto recently, my mate was adamant he played for City but I didn't remember him at all. Admittedly I was about 9/10 that season so dont remember much of it - did he ever actually play?

For what its worth a very nice guy, and works for the academy

I couldn't recall Darren Hobbs or Michael Vanes - no memory of them playing

3 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

I think you're correct. If I recall a member of staff stood in for Torpey and they stuck the head on later.

I think the same member of staff kept standing in for him on the pitch in the 98-99 season as well.

21 appearances - 4 goals.

One of the most overrated strikers I've ever seen play for City. 

15 hours ago, David Brent said:

Isn’t there something with that photo where it isn’t actually Steve Torpey and his head has been photoshopped on, or did I imagine it?

Okay, time to confess.

I was working at a local graphics company a short walk away from the ground, and did this work. Slightly tricky because the sunlight was directly in the face of Steve Torpey and the shadows are far more defined in the team shot. Initially the club asked for a square insert of a head and shoulders shot to be inserted in the top right of the team photo, but the player who's Steve's head was attached to left the club, (as far as I remember it was not a coach). Can't remember who left, but I have a suspicion that they were black, good job you can't see their hands. 

Great days for a City fan like me as I went on to do work for the promotion book and the centenary book. If you don't believe me look at the "thanks to" section in the front of the book.  20 years on I think I could manage a better job - no one knew what Photoshop was in 1998 and very few people would have been looking for the signs of a retouched image.

Archived