IGNORED

Pep and Yaya...

spudski

Yaya is completely wrong about Pep look at Man City last season you have to be world class to start in that side at the moment especially in midfield. To be fair why would they need 5 Africans in that side and what Africans are good enough to get in that side Mo Salah, Keita, Mane are probably the best African players around and they all play for Liverpool. Toure is nowhere near the player he was 5 years ago. Would pep drop KDB or David Silva to accommodate an out of form 35 year old 

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Taking away any personal agenda by Yaya...the quote that got me thinking was this one...

Pep likes to dominate and wants to have obedient players who lick his hands,” said Touré. “I do not like this kind of relationship. I respect my coach but I am not his thing. Like all players I have bickered with my coaches. But at a certain point men who do not understand each other reconcile. This is not possible with Pep, who is very rigid. The other players will never admit it publicly but some have already told me that they ended up hating him. Because he manipulates and plays a lot with your head.”

It's an interesting insight from a Professional footballer.

As a manager or coach, I often think the what you want from a player is trust, belief in what you are doing, and 100% commitment.

It's a bit like being an officer at War, and getting your men to die for you and the 'belief'.

You don't want someone in the heat of the battle questioning things...you want a belief and commitment to do as you've been asked....to run through brick walls for you.

So many scenarios happen during coaching when you have Professionals questioning what you are asking.

Perhaps what Yaa is missing in his last sentence about 'messing with your head', is that maybe a good thing to win games as a Professional footballer.

Outside of football maybe differently...but you need belief, commitment etc to win games.

Hmmm, we're getting into management theory here. 

I left my job at the famous international broadcaster because I encountered a boss who believed he was up on a pedestal as some little God we should worship and any querying or asking for clarifications of his "edicts" was "insolence".

Needless to say he hated me! :laughcont:

I operate by trying to win respect and by being seen to be fair. One of my coders once said to me, "Rob you can't do what I do, but never in a million years could I do what you do." And he was right. A team takes my skills and adds their skills to equal success. As long as everyone knows that and recognises it, then we power on frictionlessly.

2 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

His agent has come out and offered him to any top 6 club for a £1 a week as he wants to prove Pep wrong and show he's still good enough.

How many of those would he get into though? None I expect.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I don't really agree with that.  He had a string of high profile players leave with bad grace - Staam, Beckham, Ronaldo - and the core of his team were the half dozen that came through the youth programme together and knew nothing else. The only "difficult" player he really dealt with was Keane and he was more like a lieutenant for Ferguson.

Don't let what the papers say cloud your judgement EH...the only one I'd say felt aggrieved was Staam. And that was down to a book...However...I knew his agent at the time, what was said in the papers and in truth are far from. As far as I Know Lazio still haven't paid fully in that deal.

AF is astute at realising when a player is starting to get more attention than the actual team itself. That's when he makes moves for the good of the club.

Beckham and Ronaldo both love him as a person and manager. Staam realised he made a mistake.

Actually Mark Hughes was the most difficult player to deal with. Absolutely pants at training and always late. The last person he thought would be a manager.

I got that from the horses mouth.

27 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

If all else fails, pull out the race card.  I also heard on the radio yesterday about a new word called "Colourism".  From what I gather, this means that if you're black, but a slightly lighter shade of black, apparently you're treated with more privilege. 

The world has gone mental!!!

Being a white male, apparently, I'm all that's wrong with the world.  I've also got to where I am because of it.  I mean, I haven't worked hard at all. 

Thats nothing, Im 32, white, straight and I voted for Brexit. BBC wont be employing me anytime soon :laughcont:

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Taking away any personal agenda by Yaya...the quote that got me thinking was this one...

Pep likes to dominate and wants to have obedient players who lick his hands,” said Touré. “I do not like this kind of relationship. I respect my coach but I am not his thing. Like all players I have bickered with my coaches. But at a certain point men who do not understand each other reconcile. This is not possible with Pep, who is very rigid. The other players will never admit it publicly but some have already told me that they ended up hating him. Because he manipulates and plays a lot with your head.”

It's an interesting insight from a Professional footballer.

As a manager or coach, I often think the what you want from a player is trust, belief in what you are doing, and 100% commitment.

It's a bit like being an officer at War, and getting your men to die for you and the 'belief'.

You don't want someone in the heat of the battle questioning things...you want a belief and commitment to do as you've been asked....to run through brick walls for you.

So many scenarios happen during coaching when you have Professionals questioning what you are asking.

Perhaps what Yaa is missing in his last sentence about 'messing with your head', is that maybe a good thing to win games as a Professional footballer.

Outside of football maybe differently...but you need belief, commitment etc to win games.

My favorite line from any film/ show , "oh bugger" Captain Blackadder  finale episode of blackadder goes forth. the most serious comedy I have ever watched.

I think the problem here is that Toure (or at least the way he's represented in this article) comes across as being very egocentric - especially with comments like Guardiola seeking to spoil his last season, and Guardiola disliking Toure as revenge because the player had some sort of deep understanding of his methods. Doesn't really sound convincing and makes it easy to interpret as sour grapes.

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Hmmm, we're getting into management theory here. 

I left my job at the famous international broadcaster because I encountered a boss who believed he was up on a pedestal as some little God we should worship and any querying or asking for clarifications of his "edicts" was "insolence".

Needless to say he hated me! :laughcont:

I operate by trying to win respect and by being seen to be fair. One of my coders once said to me, "Rob you can't do what I do, but never in a million years could I do what you do." And he was right. A team takes my skills and adds their skills to equal success. As long as everyone knows that and recognises it, then we power on frictionlessly.

You worked at Points West?

9 hours ago, Badger08 said:

If all else fails, pull out the race card.  I also heard on the radio yesterday about a new word called "Colourism".  From what I gather, this means that if you're black, but a slightly lighter shade of black, apparently you're treated with more privilege. 

The world has gone mental!!!

Being a white male, apparently, I'm all that's wrong with the world.  I've also got to where I am because of it.  I mean, I haven't worked hard at all. 

Hahaha, that comment is white privilege at its finest.

Im sure you've worked hard, as do most of us, but you're deluded if you don't think simply being white has helped us in life. Racism, even unconsciously, is still prevalent and has afforded us opportunities that black people don't always receive.

9 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Thats nothing, Im 32, white, straight and I voted for Brexit. BBC wont be employing me anytime soon :laughcont:

... or inviting you to be in the Question Time audience!

A racist Pep is probably not, but Yaya isn't the only one to have ended up disliking Pep, there is a whole catalogue of comments from former players that may or may not prove a different side to one the media portray... wouldn't that be a surprise? 

8 hours ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

“I believe that a player like Yaya would not reject Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and Liverpool. Yaya  is a winner.

“And never before has a top footballer with leadership qualities rejected any club, especially when they don’t have to pay for it.”

What if they all reject him? :ermm::shutup::rofl2br:

47 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

“I believe that a player like Yaya would not reject Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and Liverpool. Yaya  is a winner.

“And never before has a top footballer with leadership qualities rejected any club, especially when they don’t have to pay for it.”

What if they all reject him? :ermm::shutup::rofl2br:

YaYa will go to china or america for ££££££££ as thats all his agent and himself is interested in

10 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Hahaha, that comment is white privilege at its finest.

Im sure you've worked hard, as do most of us, but you're deluded if you don't think simply being white has helped us in life. Racism, even unconsciously, is still prevalent and has afforded us opportunities that black people don't always receive.

Go on then. I'll nibble. What opportunities have I received as a result of my skin colour?

It’s like the Paul ince situation all over again. 

You aren’t in a job because you aren’t good at it. (For the level you aspire to be at) 

Simple as that. 

If I was black and I got a job because they feel they have to have x amount of black employees I’d be fuming. 

Anyway, back to Guardiola, he’s the chap that signed Benjamin Mendy and played him until his injury stopped that. Mendy is French with African heritage. Leroy Sané, Senegalese dad and he played near on every game for them. Vincent Kompany, father is from Congo. He played a lot last season when available.

There’s a lot more when he was at Barca as well. Toures ego getting in the way of the truth it seems. 

44 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Utter rubbish.  I come from a very working-class family so I would say that I've come from a very humble upbringing. 

Being white didn't help me gain my SATS.  Being white didn't help me study or gain my GCSE'S. Being white didn't help me work my arse off doing rubbish jobs, when I wasn't studying, to help fund college.  My whiteness didn't sit my a-levels. 

Being white didn't help me applying for jobs.  Being white didn't help me graft and build a career.  Being white didn't help me work 13 hours days. 

And being white certainly didn't make me a Director of a £30 million business!  (My boss is black)

Please don't take my hard work and achievement away from me because I'm a white male, because I'm not having it.  I've worked hard, cried, and sweat blood to get to where I am because of my start in life, so please don't patronise me that this has happened because I'm white. 

It's not because you're black, white, Asian, Green, pink, or ******* female... I will tell you why it's not happened, or you haven't had the opportunity, its because you haven't worked hard enough or you have given up.  

Back to the story on Pep. Pep was the one who gave Yaya a year extension on his contract! Pulling the race card because your game has dropped or because you simply aren't good enough is pathetic. 

So, racism/prejudice/discrimination is all fiction then, only exists in the imagination and minds of people who didn't work hard enough, or gave up too soon, is that what you are saying here?

40 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Utter rubbish.  I come from a very working-class family so I would say that I've come from a very humble upbringing. 

Being white didn't help me gain my SATS.  Being white didn't help me study or gain my GCSE'S. Being white didn't help me work my arse off doing rubbish jobs, when I wasn't studying, to help fund college.  My whiteness didn't sit my a-levels. 

Being white didn't help me applying for jobs.  Being white didn't help me graft and build a career.  Being white didn't help me work 13 hours days. 

And being white certainly didn't make me a Director of a £30 million business!  (My boss is black)

Please don't take my hard work and achievement away from me because I'm a white male, because I'm not having it.  I've worked hard, cried, and sweat blood to get to where I am because of my start in life, so please don't patronise me that this has happened because I'm white. 

It's not because you're black, white, Asian, Green, pink, or ******* female... I will tell you why it's not happened, or you haven't had the opportunity, its because you haven't worked hard enough or you have given up.  

Back to the story on Pep. Pep was the one who gave Yaya a year extension on his contract! Pulling the race card because your game has dropped or because you simply aren't good enough is pathetic. 

57 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Go on then. I'll nibble. What opportunities have I received as a result of my skin colour?

It's neither meant as a comment to tear away your achievements or as a derogatory term. With the greatest of respect, I don't believe either of you understand or have researched white privilege in great detail. It's a fact of life that white people are privileged.

If you have a chance, try reading this; https://www.cpt.org/files/Undoing Racism - Understanding White Privilege - Kendall.pdf

if not, no bother. Wasn't looking to start an argument (especially those narrow minded enough to feel they are exempt from the rule :P - joke)

Archived