IGNORED

WEDLOCK WALL BRICKS - Is it a hut? (Merged)

NickJ

I find myself warming to Bristol Sport they are genuinely amusing.

We've had the job ad this week and now this, and it's still only Tuesday:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/last-chance-to-buy-your-wedlock-wall-brick/

Fans' final opportunity to buy a brick as part of the scheme is this Thursday (June 7th, 2018).
Hundreds of fans have already bought into the ‘Buy A Brick’ project which launched in 2005, with limited spaces still remaining.

Is this coming to the fore again since Donald wants to build his wall to keep the Mexicans out. Perhaps SL has finally worked out how he can keep the ‘scum’ out - build that wall, dammit! 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Is this coming to the fore again since Donald wants to build his wall to keep the Mexicans out. Perhaps SL has finally worked out how he can keep the ‘scum’ out - build that wall, dammit! 

Yep, Pedro and Jose won't want to jump over the plaques of "Janet from Briz" and "Dave from Long Ashton".

Janet and Dave are hard AF. CSF unall. 

When you've clashed with Millwall outside the Old Den on a cold Tuesday night in December, the Mexicans know they haven't a hope.

Don't mess with the Don. He knows man.

1 hour ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Am I trapped in some sort of temporal distortion...

Everything about Bristol CIty is a temporal distortion. Why else would people, who are otherwise of sound mind, continue to watch and suffer  year after year/

Personalise a Brick in our 'Wedlock Wall'. Your personalised brick will stand proud in our wall located here at Ashton Gate, and you will be able to see your name every time you visit the stadium. Any offensive or inappropriate content will not be processed and your order will be cancelled. The high-quality black gloss granite bricks will be installed into Wedlock Wall this summer.

http://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/bcfc-wedlock-wall-brick

0 REVIEW(S)

I'd like to review this product but missing detail appears to be what the wall will actually be used for.

8 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Personalise a Brick in our 'Wedlock Wall'. Your personalised brick will stand proud in our wall located here at Ashton Gate, and you will be able to see your name every time you visit the stadium. Any offensive or inappropriate content will not be processed and your order will be cancelled. The high-quality black gloss granite bricks will be installed into Wedlock Wall this summer.

0 REVIEW(S)

I'd like to review this product but missing detail appears to be what the wall will actually be used for.

Is there an artists impression, or mock up of some kind? 

15 minutes ago, NickJ said:

0 REVIEW(S)

The wall is for generating Bristol Sport extra income.

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Is there an artists impression, or mock up of some kind? 

Good question. No.

The goal posts appear to have moved since 2015. Then, the bricks were going into the West Stand:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/buy-a-brick-scheme-part-of-new-west-stand/

Indeed a closer read reveals grandiose plans for said bricks to be included in a memorial walkway.

Did this happen?

Purchasers in 2005 were told their brick was going into the new Wedlock Stand.....

As a consumer, I have consumer rights.

I've been looking for some sort of guarantee that if I buy a brick, it will be included in a wall, to be built any time soon. There does not appear to be any such guarantee.

Judging on past history, what are the chances that the "Wedlock Wall" will not be built and purchasers of the sought after £55 (inc VAT) gloss black granite bricks will receive product in the post with an invitation to incorporate it into any wall of their choice.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Judging on past history, what are the chances that the "Wedlock Wall" will not be built and purchasers of the sought after £55 (inc VAT) gloss black granite bricks will receive product in the post with an invitation to incorporate it into any wall of their choice.

Except then the price will be £55 (inc VAT) (plus p&p)

3 hours ago, NickJ said:

0 REVIEW(S)

Back wall of the trough?

Many people who paid originally, or were purchased them as gifts, must sadly have left us.  Let's hope whatever it is is decent enough.

• Admin

When the wall was being first talked about I was going to City with my then girlfriend

We then got engaged after a number of years and then in turn got married for 8 years

Am now going through a divorce !

All in the time it took City to sort this bloody wall out !!

4 minutes ago, reddoh said:

All in all it's just another brick in the wall

IF YOU DONT EAT YOUR MEAT YOU CANT HAVE ANY PUDDING! HOW CAN YOU HAVE YOUR PUDDING IF YOU DONT EAT YER MEAT?

12 hours ago, RumRed said:

Back wall of the trough?

Many people who paid originally, or were purchased them as gifts, must sadly have left us.  Let's hope whatever it is is decent enough.

You are correct. My Dad bought a brick for me in 2005 and he sadly left this world in 2013. It's nice to think that there will be a permanent reminder of him there at Ashton Gate.

So I've just paid for one, but at the end, it tried to charge me £5 delivery. 

I wen't back and changed it to 'Collect from Ashton Gate' to avoid the charge. 

But unless I'm mistaken, nothing is actually being delivered anyway is it? Unless the fans have to build the wall themselves. :blink:

Archived