IGNORED

WEDLOCK WALL BRICKS - Is it a hut? (Merged)

NickJ

39 minutes ago, tomo said:

I have emailed Supporter Services (see below). 

Dear Sir / Madam,

I refer to my purchase detailed below,

I visited Ashton Gate Stadium earlier this week and was disappointed to see that the Wedlock Wall is not actually a wall. We were expecting a wall to be built, maybe a circular one around the Atyeo Statue, 

The end result has yet to been witnessed by myself, but effectively there are simply name plaques stuck onto a garage like hut - hardly that impressive is it? 

I have also noticed that the format's are random. Our 'Brick' was submitted and we assumed that Bristol Sport would decide on whether to use Capitals or Non-Capitals. It looks very bitty and I would have probably opted for Capitals had I known this:-

DAVID & ASHTON
THOMAS BOYS

I will be attending tonight's friendly against Bournemouth to see the final look but a friend of mine did say that the 'outer wall frame' has simply been painted black and a sign has been stuck on the hut saying 'Wedlock Wall'. As mentioned, I am disappointed. If the hut is there for the long term, then I would have thought that your marketing team would have created something much better rather than using black paint for the edges? Surely some memorable artwork would have been much better to finish off the hut, pictures of Billy Wedlock, old images of Ashton Gate etc etc etc, 

I await your comments, 

Kindest Regards

David

You paid to have your name on a brick on a wall........and you have your name, on a brick, on a wall. What went on that brick was down to you when you submitted it.......if BS changed anything to make it all the same, many would have moaned.

Jesus.....first world problems eh!

1 minute ago, RedRaw said:

You paid to have your name on a brick on a wall........and you have your name, on a brick, on a wall. What went on that brick was down to you when you submitted it.......if BS changed anything to make it all the same, many would have moaned.

Its a hut!

10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

what else could they put in? they can't effect the structure of the stands so it couldn't really go on the ground,

I'm not having a go just interested in suggestions,

A Wall built as advertised m8....in the village area.... i thought it may go around john atyeo or a curved wall structure....not plaques on a hut! :laugh:

• Admin
1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

I haven't seen it yet, but seems like small plaques stuck onto a wall?

Not bricks as advertised?

Look at the picture up the page, many grounds have something similar

I must admit i thought they would build a wall with the plaques fixed, and it is a first world problem but to a lot of people £55 is a decent amount of money, not everyone can fork out this amount and may have had to save up or even worse had it as a birthday present.

I was going to get one with my daughters names on but i didnt get around to it, im glad i didnt now.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I haven't seen it yet, but seems like small plaques stuck onto a wall?

Not bricks as advertised?

Look at the picture up the page, many grounds have something similar

"Bremner Square will see the base of the statue, the steps, and surrounding area transformed with granite tiles"

They have granite tiles on the floor around the statute........we have granite tiles on a wall next to the statue.

Can't see what the fuss is about

13 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

"Bremner Square will see the base of the statue, the steps, and surrounding area transformed with granite tiles"

They have granite tiles on the floor around the statute........we have granite tiles on a wall next to the statue.

Can't see what the fuss is about

You didn't buy one then, Raw? ;)

25 minutes ago, cidercity said:

I must admit i thought they would build a wall with the plaques fixed, and it is a first world problem but to a lot of people £55 is a decent amount of money, not everyone can fork out this amount and may have had to save up or even worse had it as a birthday present.

I was going to get one with my daughters names on but i didnt get around to it, im glad i didnt now.

Put like that, I do find myself agreeing more with those who are a bit disappointed with the display.

That said, it might be a case that it looks better in the flesh that the photo that has been posted.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Put like that, I do find myself agreeing more with those who are a bit disappointed with the display.

That said, it might be a case that it looks better in the flesh that the photo that has been posted.

I guess it doesn't help you have to stand on your head to see the pictures properly on this thread.

They may look better in the flesh, i will have a look tonight.

3 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Have you gone down to see it? They are not bricks On a wall, they are effectively plaques just to a wall 

6 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Have you gone down to see it? They are not bricks On a wall, they are effectively plaques just to a wall 

if they are plaques could they not go inside the ground on the wall next to the big robin painting? would look alot better there

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

if they are plaques could they not go inside the ground on the wall next to the big robin painting? would look alot better there

I popped down yesterday to take a look, they are 100% not bricks. They are just plaques that have been stuck on the wall of the hut.

it is odd how the rest of the ground has been done well and then they have done this.

Archived