IGNORED

Red Arrows

phantom

• Admin

For those interested in the Red Arrows, they  are flying into Bristol airport this Saturday to refuel before doing a display at RAF Cosworth

They are due to land at Bristol airport at 13:21

They are due to take off from Bristol airport 15:35

• Admin
12 hours ago, ... said:

Disband them and put the money into the NHS.

** END OF THREAD **

As they are all serving front line pilots in the RAF it's not going to save any money

But it would put an end to all the towns etc where they display, from making large amounts of money 

On 06/06/2018 at 21:35, ziderheadarmy said:

You’re a idiot! End of subject! 

Asking for extra money to be diverted into the NHS to save lives makes me an idiot?

I really hope you and your family are fit and well.

:grr:

On 09/06/2018 at 13:47, WhistleHappy said:

Saw them over Buck House for Queens birthday on tv... did they then head to Bristol for refuel? 

If so, post your pics, nice bright day for it. 

Saw them fly over our bowls green, just 5 miles  from Bristol Airport - no photos tho. Phones not allowed on the green!

Pity as the Red Arrows are always a very impressive sight.

Always a great sight.... as National Treasures go, The Red Arrows are right up there (no pun intended :)) among the best at the top of the list...  

Awe-inspiring and spectacular, can't think of many occasional 'free treats' that stir the spirits more than an unexpected sighting of The Arrows.

Their trademark Red White and Blue vapour trails never fail to provide a moments sense of patriotism and National pride as the hairs on the back of the neck stand to attention. 

THE RED ARROWS - nobody does it better! 

On 06/06/2018 at 21:23, ... said:

Disband them and put the money into the NHS.

** END OF THREAD **

This is a few years old so maybe add a couple of million on, but the Red Arrows cost £8.8million a year.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8500011/Red-Arrows-threatened-by-axe-after-royal-wedding-no-show.html

That would not go very far at all in the NHS. A £8.8m increase in the NHS budget wouldn’t even be noticed.

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

This is a few years old so maybe add a couple of million on, but the Red Arrows cost £8.8million a year.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8500011/Red-Arrows-threatened-by-axe-after-royal-wedding-no-show.html

That would not go very far at all in the NHS. A £8.8m increase in the NHS budget wouldn’t even be noticed.

Worth every penny..  Any Government contemplating or allowing such a cut back should be under no illusion that their days would be numbered and they'll be out at the next election.

£9M/£10Million just about buys a decent non Premier League footballer nowadays.

Hands Off The Red Arrows! 

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Worth every penny..  Any Government contemplating or allowing such a cut back should be under no illusion that their days would be numbered and they'll be out at the next election.

£9M/£10Million just about buys a decent non Premier League footballer nowadays.

Hands Off The Red Arrows! 

I was defending the money spent on the Red Arrows! The money spent is a pittance in comparison to the total U.K. government budget.

I don’t think a government would lose an election if they got rid of the Red Arrows, but I don’t see any government ever bothering to do it either.

9 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

I was defending the money spent on the Red Arrows! The money spent is a pittance in comparison to the total U.K. government budget.

I don’t think a government would lose an election if they got rid of the Red Arrows, but I don’t see any government ever bothering to do it either.

Quite right BS2, I had realised your view on the value for money … in the scheme of things it's a hardly even a drop in the ocean is it, compared to local let alone national Government spending. The 'Bristol Arena' spend has easily exceeded the £10M mark already and for that, so far, we've got some flattened wasteland and a new bridge that goes nowhere.. 

I for one would be telling any prospective MP of any party whose plans include the disbanding of the Arrows that they can kiss my vote goodbye and hopefully the publics voice opposing any such suggestion would be perfectly loud and clear - enough is enough and this 'cut' could well be the straw that breaks the camels back... They wouldn't dare. 

As someone who served in the RAF, I think they are one of the best ambassadors for our country that we have. Always the hairs on back of my neck stand up when I see them and great to see them over Buck House last saturday then 15 minutes later over my pad in Burnham. A National Treasure as a previous poster said.

On 11/06/2018 at 11:23, BS2 Red said:

And think how much they charge for a display. Probably £250k a pop I'd imagine. 

32 shows a year and that's the money back. Not including all the stuff sold such as memorabilia or souvenirs etc. 

• Admin

Saturday 23rd June 

Arrive at Bristol Airport - 13:10

Fishponds Party in the Park Flypast - 16:13

Churchill and Langford Village Fete Flypast - 16:19

Display at Weston Air Festival - 16:20

Arrive at Bristol Airport - 16:45

Sunday 24th June 

Depart from Bristol Airport - 14:37

Display at Weston Air Festival - 14:45

Arrive at Bristol Airport - 15:10

Depart from Bristol Airport - 17:25

Nice one, Phantom. Wish I was able to be there.

The one problem with the displays at Weston is the fact that they normally take place over the water and are fairly close to being in line with the sun, leading to some difficult photographic situations. If the displays were in the morning the light would be better.

Archived