IGNORED

Matty Taylor

Whites

I honestly believe this is going to be a huge season for the Snake. Johnson on record recently saying that it was the first time he's been 100% fit since he joined us. I would love to see him have a good pre-season, like Bobby did last, and then push on in the league, especially with Famara banned for the first six games. If Bobby goes, he's in with a huge chance of becoming one of a main two strikers along with Famara and/or another one we bring in, if bobby stays I'd love to see him in a attacking role from midfield,  despite this season I still think it's his best position (puts tin hat on).

I may be wrong and Taylor will probably end up on loan somewhere now I've said this, but genuinely belive this will be a good season for him. I'll be having a cheeky fiver on him being our top scorer if he's here when the season starts. 

I'm in a minority here that have always rated Taylor. He was vital in keeping us up and if he had a big bastard next to him I reckon he'd score a few more.

Itd be unwise to move him on IMHO 

He's not scored the goals, but he's not had a decent run in the starting line up either. I'd like to see him get that next season.
Certainly repaid the 300k back and more. 
Must have got 5 or 6 assists to keep us up in 16/17 season, and then last season helped us through the cup run, and got us into the semi finals with a great pass to Smith.

I quite like MT. 

On his day, he’s comfortably good enough for this level and if it’s the first time he’s been fully fit (unsurprising as it’s his first properly professional Club) I think he could have more to offer, rather than less. 

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm in a minority here that have always rated Taylor. He was vital in keeping us up and if he had a big bastard next to him I reckon he'd score a few more.

Do you think Milan is a big enough bastard?

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

when fit he's a handful, given a full season he'll get you 10 orr 15 goals but he's quite good at pulling defenders all over te place and creating space for other players, he's got good movement

He can also cross a ball and go past his man, so I believe he has a number of potential positional options from Right mid/wing, number 10 or striker. 

That versatility is worth a lot. 

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

Do you think Milan is a big enough bastard?

I do.

It's no coincidence his best performances (imo) have come next to Diedhiou. I do wonder whether Djuric changes the way we play too much for him to function right next to MD. Long balls and feeding on scraps isn't exactly ideal for a player with his movement, I'd rather see us keep the ball on the ground and let him pull the team out of shape, with direct wingers and someone like FD to carry the ball. IMHO next to Diedhiou the best is yet to come from him.

6 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I think you're right but he's just had it rough with either injuries or people ahead of him.

51 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I love the way he gets in the opposition`s faces - particularly when he comes on for the last twenty with defenders on yellows. As others have said he`s repaid his transfer fee ten times over with his contribution to date too.

He`s very underrated IMO and I hope we keep him.

in by Taylor… 

:city:

• Admin

I may be remembering it fondly but felt he performed at his best when Johnson paired him with Diedhiou in the cup against the Prem teams. Did he do this more than once or is my memory playing tricks on me?

27 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I may be remembering it fondly but felt he performed at his best when Johnson paired him with Diedhiou in the cup against the Prem teams. Did he do this more than once or is my memory playing tricks on me?

He was excellent v Stoke & Palace (and Man Utd of course), both with Famara until he injured himself v Palace - don`t forget MT only played in that game because we appealed his red v Leeds on the Saturday. Scored some bloody good goals too.

The irony is, if Woodrow hadn`t been cup-tied, would MT have even played in those cup games?

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

He was outstanding against Stoke.

Taylor was a big part of that cup run.

2 hours ago, Red Grovesy said:

I'm a fan of the snake. Hope he has a great start to the season. 

Spoke to him for a while last season about his ambitions. Decent bloke.

2017-12-18 16.40.39.jpg

RG: Mind if I get a photo with you?

MT: No problem sunshine.

'I've always rated him, felt it was difficult when he first joined us as many undervalued him and thought us buying him was just a way of  winding up Rovers and their fans. Finally getting recognition that there is a decent player there. Had a lot to contend with in the first few weeks  (having to move house) and injury didn't help.  would like to see him getting more game time next season think he could do well for us.

Archived