IGNORED

Matty Taylor

Whites

9 hours ago, Whites said:

I honestly believe this is going to be a huge season for the Snake. Johnson on record recently saying that it was the first time he's been 100% fit since he joined us. I would love to see him have a good pre-season, like Bobby did last, and then push on in the league, especially with Famara banned for the first six games. If Bobby goes, he's in with a huge chance of becoming one of a main two strikers along with Famara and/or another one we bring in, if bobby stays I'd love to see him in a attacking role from midfield,  despite this season I still think it's his best position (puts tin hat on).

I may be wrong and Taylor will probably end up on loan somewhere now I've said this, but genuinely belive this will be a good season for him. I'll be having a cheeky fiver on him being our top scorer if he's here when the season starts. 

If he is, we'll be relegated.

He's had his moments the obvious one being his assist for the winner against ManUre (one pass that - with the dividends we reaped from progressing to the semi-finals - meant it paid for his transfer fee on it's own, i.e. we got him from the gASS for nothing :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:read it and weep gAssholes). 

But mostly he's been unable to trap a bag of cement and more than once missed a sitter from less than 6 yards.

Running around a lot whilst annoying opposition defenders is all well and good but I think, south of the river, we should set our standards a little higher than that.  

He's a real goal scorer. The one he got v Brum was a typical goal scorer's goal & reminiscent of Tammy.

The injury pre season last year really set him back. I feel at his age this is a really important season for him.

I really hope he can stay injury free and kick on.

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

He's had his moments the obvious one being his assist for the winner against ManUre (one pass that - with the dividends we reaped from progressing to the semi-finals - meant it paid for his transfer fee on it's own, i.e. we got him from the gASS for nothing :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:read it and weep gAssholes). 

But mostly he's been unable to trap a bag of cement and more than once missed a sitter from less than 6 yards.

Running around a lot whilst annoying opposition defenders is all well and good but I think, south of the river, we should set our standards a little higher than that.  

Disagree with most of that tbh (apart from p!$$ing of the gassholes) pretty harsh on MT imo when according to LJ he’s only been at 100% for the last few games of last season since he joined us, when he’s played he’s a totally different forward to the rest, chases everything, winds up the opposition, but most importantly he creates the space needed for others, seen that in all of the cup games he played in last season. He’s not really had a let’s say run of 10 consecutive starts in the championship to prove himself, the form of others ie Bobby he probably wouldn’t of started anyway then he was out injured for 2/3 months. Give him the chance and I think he’ll take it. 

10 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Rumours that Matty Taylor will be part of the deal that brings Jack Marriott to us 

Makes sense but I can’t see it because Taylor’s wages will be far too high for most league one clubs. 

Think he’ll be here till January at the very least. 

7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Disagree with most of that tbh (apart from p!$$ing of the gassholes) pretty harsh on MT imo when according to LJ he’s only been at 100% for the last few games of last season since he joined us, when he’s played he’s a totally different forward to the rest, chases everything, winds up the opposition, but most importantly he creates the space needed for others, seen that in all of the cup games he played in last season. He’s not really had a let’s say run of 10 consecutive starts in the championship to prove himself, the form of others ie Bobby he probably wouldn’t of started anyway then he was out injured for 2/3 months. Give him the chance and I think he’ll take it. 

I don't think he was 100% of the end of last season either, didn't he have an op? 

I look forward to seeing a fully fit Taylor after a good summer of preseason training.

8 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

This is exactly what I mean , city fans consumed by the fact that he came from The Gas. Let's give the guy a break , he's a City player, he hasn't been a disaster for us ,  unlike some of our other players he does at least get in the box . He even has his own song !

I rate Taylor and always have. He’s a clever player, his link up play is excellent and I think given a run in the team he could really break through and score some goals  at this level.

Hopefully he stays with us, stays fit and really kicks on next season. 

I said this in a mid-season MT thread too, but I also think MT hasn’t reached his peak here yet.

We spoke to him up the ground when he was injured and he was explaining that he hasn’t once been able to play his game yet because he’s still adjusting to being a new type of player.

At previous clubs he’s been able to focus purely on his strengths but in a high tempo/high pressure style like we’re playing currently, he’s has to adapt and it’s extremely tough.

Because there’s a huge expectation to defend as a team, it’s only after 10 mins of pressing hard that he gets the ball and by then he’s knackered!

A good pre season and game time with Fam & Milan should bode well for him. 

I still think he’s worth giving another season for sure.

9 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Agree with every word.

Have a feeling that he’ll be staying this summer as even if we bring a striker in, Diedhiou will miss the first six, Djuric sadly can’t be relied on to stay fit, Reid will leave & Engvall isn’t wanted.

Genuinely don’t think though he is any better than Agard and think far too many are too keen to get one over the blue few by convincing themselves he is a Championship player (he isn’t).

Couple of assists, lots of (aimless) running about, tries to wind up his opponent, we should be aiming far higher & if he is a regular we’ll be in a relegation scrap.

13 starts, 19 sub appearances 3 goals, nah.

41 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Djuric sadly can’t be relied on to stay fit,

This is such a myth.  He had one injury.  Being rushed back before he fully recovered meant he was putting too much strain on the other side of his groin and caused issues with that.  Since then he's been regaining his fitness.  But I really don't see it when people say you can't rely on him.  Makes it sound like he has a knee injury one week, a hammy the next, a groin injury the next and breaks a nail the week after that!  Get him fully fit over the summer and see where he goes from there.  Should be enough time to put the groin injury behind him before the season starts.  I'm expecting MD & Jack Marriott to be our starting strike force in August. (provided BR goes and JM arrives!)

4 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

This is such a myth.  He had one injury.  Being rushed back before he fully recovered meant he was putting too much strain on the other side of his groin and caused issues with that.  Since then he's been regaining his fitness.  But I really don't see it when people say you can't rely on him.  Makes it sound like he has a knee injury one week, a hammy the next, a groin injury the next and breaks a nail the week after that!  Get him fully fit over the summer and see where he goes from there.  Should be enough time to put the groin injury behind him before the season starts.  I'm expecting MD & Jack Marriott to be our starting strike force in August. (provided BR goes and JM arrives!)

Re Djuric I really hope so, but only 7 league starts in 18 months with us is not good.

I would love to see him available for 40+ games next season.

2 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

This is exactly what I mean , city fans consumed by the fact that he came from The Gas. Let's give the guy a break , he's a City player, he hasn't been a disaster for us ,  unlike some of our other players he does at least get in the box . He even has his own song !

Works the other way too. If we hadn't got him from the squatters would he be given as much time to prove himself? I know he's not been given 5/6 starts on the trot , but has he really shown anything that says he should start?  He worries defenders and keeps them busy and scores a few goals. We had Agard going the same job with more pace and he got pelters for not being good enough. 
As a squad player I'd be happy to keep him, if he's our starting striker come August, we would have had a very poor window.

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Works the other way too. If we hadn't got him from the squatters would he be given as much time to prove himself? I know he's not been given 5/6 starts on the trot , but has he really shown anything that says he should start?  He worries defenders and keeps them busy and scores a few goals. We had Agard going the same job with more pace and he got pelters for not being good enough. 
As a squad player I'd be happy to keep him, if he's our starting striker come August, we would have had a very poor window.

I do think that you underrate his contribution to the team.  The mere fact that he has the assists for two of our best goals in recent years (Brownhill against Brighton; Smith against Man Utd) demonstrates his skill, awareness and intelligence.  My only concern about him is his ability to take a chance, but given the number of goals he scored for the Gas, then surely that would return if he was given a run of games alongside a big striker.  I suspect there are several Championship clubs who would take him with open arms, and I’m hoping that Johnson can give him the same confidence that he instilled in Reid at the beginning of last season.  But he has to be given a run...

40 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I do think that you underrate his contribution to the team.  The mere fact that he has the assists for two of our best goals in recent years (Brownhill against Brighton; Smith against Man Utd) demonstrates his skill, awareness and intelligence.  My only concern about him is his ability to take a chance, but given the number of goals he scored for the Gas, then surely that would return if he was given a run of games alongside a big striker.  I suspect there are several Championship clubs who would take him with open arms, and I’m hoping that Johnson can give him the same confidence that he instilled in Reid at the beginning of last season.  But he has to be given a run...

I may be proved wrong, but he seems to want to play on the shoulder but doesn't then have the pace to pull away. He is not clinical and as I say, he is similar to Agard who people couldn't wait to get rid of. 
Always happy to be proved wrong about players I don't rate. The step up for strikers from L1 to Championship can be too much for some, this season (one way or another) , will prove it for Taylor.

9 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Milan said himself that for the first time in years he was playing without any pain after we sorted him out. He said he`s only been at about 80% at best all the time he`d been carrying the injury and we finally got to the bottom of it.

I have high hopes for the big fella next season.

23 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

in by Taylor… 

:city:

ITS SMITHHHHH

say what you want about this season, that moment was up there with the best I’ve ever had with city. At times of football or personal lows, watching that clip is sure to cheer you up.

”the roof has just come off her at Ashton Gate”

3 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

ITS SMITHHHHH

say what you want about this season, that moment was up there with the best I’ve ever had with city. At times of football or personal lows, watching that clip is sure to cheer you up.

Yes, I watched it the other day… :city:

3 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

ITS SMITHHHHH

The commentary of it just summed it up. Superb.

Archived