IGNORED

England v Costa Rica

Super

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

First World Cup I remember was 2002, but 3 Lions has to be one of the best world cup songs

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Euro 96 was the first tournament I really remember. I remember my Dad buying me an official Euro 96 backpack on a ferry or a hovercraft back from France, randomly. I had the CD Single of 3 Lions and played it so much I thought the disc was going to break.

England flags proudly hung in my windows and off the fences, waving them at anyone who walked by the house. 

Oh to be that excited about football again. 

Jeeeez I feel old

Went to all England games , and a game each day  at different grounds , and managed to squeeze in Ac/Dc in concert a couple of times as we drifted around country

The Scots and Dutch games were something else

Fantastic 2 or 3 weeks 

Highly recommended if we get the World Cup or Euros here again

Having said that , there’s nothing like following England at a Tournament abroad if you ever get the chance

15 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

First World Cup I remember was 2002, but 3 Lions has to be one of the best world cup songs

Oh to be so young James. Very little heard from the 1950 World Cup held in Brazil. England lost to USA but not much in press about it and no TV. 

So for me the 1954 in Switzerland which was shown on BBC TV via Eurovision. England not much good but the final with the Magnificent Magyars  losing to West Germany was a good game to see (only in black and white ) 

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Jeeeez I feel old

Went to all England games , and a game each day  at different grounds , and managed to squeeze in Ac/Dc in concert a couple of times as we drifted around country

The Scots and Dutch games were something else

Fantastic 2 or 3 weeks 

Highly recommended if we get the World Cup or Euros here again

Having said that , there’s nothing like following England at a Tournament abroad if you ever get the chance

Hi bob I think that for Euro 2020 england will play most game at Wembley other then 1 at Hamden and in the group of 16 either Rome/Dublin or Copenhagen/st Petersburg .might have to do a trip if you fancy it?

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Oh to be so young James. Very little heard from the 1950 World Cup held in Brazil. England lost to USA but not much in press about it and no TV. 

So for me the 1954 in Switzerland which was shown on BBC TV via Eurovision. England not much good but the final with the Magnificent Magyars  losing to West Germany was a good game to see (only in black and white ) 

Bet there was a lot of singing during that tournament

Just now, sticks 1969 said:

Don’t forget ( this time) bob..from 82

Was derided but I actually really liked ‘This time’

Got me singing it now :laughcont:

’’ This time

More than any other time

This time

We’re gonna find a way.....’

How about Vindaloo :laughcont:

on our way down to Marseille in 98 we had it blasting on my mates super booming car system and as we snaked through some idyllic French Village in Provence the evening diners in some quaint open air restaraunts stopped eating as one and sat there open mouthed as a The mobile disco blasting Vindaloo and covered in St George’s passsed through

One Of Those priceless trip moments

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

’’ This time

More than any other time

This time

on our way down to Marseille in 98 we had it blasting on my mates super booming car system and as we snaked through some idyllic French Village in Provence the evening diners in some quaint open air restaraunts stopped eating as one and sat there open mouthed as a The mobile disco blasting Vindaloo and covered in St George’s passsed through

Vindaloo was awful and all that was wrong with following england

5 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Vindaloo was awful and all that was wrong with following england

Did you ever watch Kevin Allen’s Video Diary about Italia 90 mate ?

Best documentary about following England at a tournament ever

watched it yesterday evening on You Tube- ahhhhhhhhhhhhh memories :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

’’ This time

More than any other time

This time

Any excuse. A friend (sadly departed) from Keynsham is Max Wall in the vid. Always like to play this at this time as a tribute to him. :englandflag:

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

3 Lions wasn’t a WC Song or at least originally

World In Motion in 90 was the classic

Back Home wasn’t bad either

Yep, my mistake, should have said tournament song.

'98 version for the WC.

I do think the '98 sticks as more timeless- the chorus no longer being "30 years of hurt", but the '96 version being better overall.

That said, the entire German fan team having "Kuntz" on the back of their shirt in the '98 one does make me laugh.

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes mate had it on video along with a Euro 92 documentary about the trouble over there.let a scoucer borrow it who was slagging Colin monahad off in Italy on it and never saw it again....

Just now, sticks 1969 said:

Yes mate had it on video along with a Euro 92 documentary about the trouble over there.let a scoucer borrow it who was slagging Colin monahad off in Italy on it and never saw it again....

As Said , All episodes are on You Tube mate

Made me laugh when he kept on about ‘The Campsite’ down the road in Sardinia and the fans taking on heavily armed Buses of Caribineri

I know someone who may have been  on ‘ that campsite’  ........

:whistle2:

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

watched it yesterday evening on You Tube- ahhhhhhhhhhhhh memories :thumbsup:

"All Played Out" by Pete Davies is similarly a cracking read on the subject of England away.

3 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

"All Played Out" by Pete Davies is similarly a cracking read on the subject of England away.

Read a interesting story about peter Davis saying that the press/ hacks etc had looked after him and then he slagged them in his book. But yes a very good read . Also steaming in buy the Arsenal fan ,forgot his name was another good read. Then you had the brimson brothers books absolutely crap ,wrote by a pair of Watford monkeys that I’d never seen at a game.

Archived