IGNORED

World Cup Fantasy Football

Markman

4 hours ago, The Batman said:

I just joined. I didn't realise we needed subs, I thought it was easy when I put my 11 in, not realising we had 4 extra players to select 

:facepalm:

Me too like.

Had Messi and Ronaldo up top, thought I'm gonna smash this :laughcont:

5 hours ago, The Batman said:

I just joined. I didn't realise we needed subs, I thought it was easy when I put my 11 in, not realising we had 4 extra players to select 

25 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Me too like.

Had Messi and Ronaldo up top, thought I'm gonna smash this :laughcont:

A solid first team but little to no depth, have you thought about applying to be Citys manager?

9 hours ago, The Batman said:

:laugh: - I think everyone has done this - note to self read the rules - still got 14 of us now so a worthy little battle will commence

Are we allowed to disclose the teams we've picked? What have you lot picked?

I've gone for:

Alisson

Kimmich - Hummels - Vjrsalko

Dier - Fernandinho - Kovacic - Zielinski

Ronaldo - Sobhy - Werner

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Are we allowed to disclose the teams we've picked? What have you lot picked?

I've gone for:

Alisson

Kimmich - Hummels - Vjrsalko

Dier - Fernandinho - Kovacic - Zielinski

Ronaldo - Sobhy - Werner

Midfield is very weak imo. You want goalscorers or creative mids. One of the biggest pitfalls in fantasy football is picking the 'names' that play in holding/central midfield positions.

Premier League fantasy football for example, loads picked Matic and Kante, rubbish picks but famous names.

Dier and Kovacic aren't guaranteed starts, and all four of your midfielders play in deeper roles. Zielinski maybe the exception but he's fairly expensive for what he is.

Sorry to savage your team, but I would ditch all four of those in the middle (You might have to keep 1 as presumably they're fairly cheap, but there are cheap wingers/attacking mids for decent nations that are likely to play if you do your research).

11 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Midfield is very weak imo. You want goalscorers or creative mids. One of the biggest pitfalls in fantasy football is picking the 'names' that play in holding/central midfield positions.

Premier League fantasy football for example, loads picked Matic and Kante, rubbish picks but famous names.

Dier and Kovacic aren't guaranteed starts, and all four of your midfielders play in deeper roles. Zielinski maybe the exception but he's fairly expensive for what he is.

Sorry to savage your team, but I would ditch all four of those in the middle (You might have to keep 1 as presumably they're fairly cheap, but there are cheap wingers/attacking mids for decent nations that are likely to play if you do your research).

Honestly Dier and Fernandinho are filler. £6.5m was a bargain imo for Fernandinho as a player who will likely get further in the tournament and thusly score more than the Costa Rican CAM.

Gone for Kovacic and Zielinski for passing success rates which I assume (hope) come in to point scoring. Definitely need to check it but threw it together last night in 5 mintues. Got Elneny on the bench for the same reason.

Just now switched out Dier for Pavon from Argentina who apparently plays as a midfielder for Argentina. Gone for Emil Forsberg instead of Kovacic now as a player who did well for RB Leipzig according to WhoScored. Don't really play fantasy football so I don't know how points are scored, makes it a little bit difficult to pick sides!

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Honestly Dier and Fernandinho are filler. £6.5m was a bargain imo for Fernandinho as a player who will likely get further in the tournament and thusly score more than the Costa Rican CAM.

Gone for Kovacic and Zielinski for passing success rates which I assume (hope) come in to point scoring. Definitely need to check it but threw it together last night in 5 mintues. Got Elneny on the bench for the same reason.

Just now switched out Dier for Pavon from Argentina who apparently plays as a midfielder for Argentina. Gone for Emil Forsberg instead of Kovacic now as a player who did well for RB Leipzig according to WhoScored. Don't really play fantasy football so I don't know how points are scored, makes it a little bit difficult to pick sides!

Here you are mate:

image.png.8322f997ca0b15a72f43085af9eecd5f.png

The way the points go, there's basically no incentive to have holding midfielders.

• Admin
On 09/06/2018 at 13:56, Markman said:

better than England I fear - go on then

League is

Bristol City

code to enter as below - lets hope more than 2 of us enter (or we may need to bump this back up)

3R5CBTLK

Where can I enter, is it a website or an app?

Archived