Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Markman

World Cup Fantasy Football

Chap at my work just set up a league (McDonalds FIFA Fantasy WC) - have we got a City League does anyone know (or shall I start one)?

Doesn't look like there is one but have made a team if you do want to create a league. 

22 minutes ago, Markman said:

might only be me and you :laugh:

Guaranteed at least a silver medal. I'll take it.

better than England I fear - go on then

League is

Bristol City

code to enter as below - lets hope more than 2 of us enter (or we may need to bump this back up)

3R5CBTLK

• Like 1

I'm in.

Who ever Le Saux Solid Crew is has the funniest name I've ever seen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm in.

Probably took about 21 seconds to think up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm in.

That'd be me :laughcont:

Edited by Robin TBW

I just joined. I didn't realise we needed subs, I thought it was easy when I put my 11 in, not realising we had 4 extra players to select 

:facepalm:

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, The Batman said:

I just joined. I didn't realise we needed subs, I thought it was easy when I put my 11 in, not realising we had 4 extra players to select 

Me too like.

Had Messi and Ronaldo up top, thought I'm gonna smash this :laughcont:

5 hours ago, The Batman said:

25 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Me too like.

Had Messi and Ronaldo up top, thought I'm gonna smash this :laughcont:

A solid first team but little to no depth, have you thought about applying to be Citys manager?

4 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Anyone got a world cup app recommendations, the official one has mixed reviews.

The official one

9 hours ago, The Batman said:

:laugh: - I think everyone has done this - note to self read the rules - still got 14 of us now so a worthy little battle will commence

Are we allowed to disclose the teams we've picked? What have you lot picked?

I've gone for:

Alisson

Kimmich - Hummels - Vjrsalko

Dier - Fernandinho - Kovacic - Zielinski

Ronaldo - Sobhy - Werner

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Are we allowed to disclose the teams we've picked? What have you lot picked?

I've gone for:

Alisson

Kimmich - Hummels - Vjrsalko

Dier - Fernandinho - Kovacic - Zielinski

Ronaldo - Sobhy - Werner

Midfield is very weak imo. You want goalscorers or creative mids. One of the biggest pitfalls in fantasy football is picking the 'names' that play in holding/central midfield positions.

Premier League fantasy football for example, loads picked Matic and Kante, rubbish picks but famous names.

Dier and Kovacic aren't guaranteed starts, and all four of your midfielders play in deeper roles. Zielinski maybe the exception but he's fairly expensive for what he is.

Sorry to savage your team, but I would ditch all four of those in the middle (You might have to keep 1 as presumably they're fairly cheap, but there are cheap wingers/attacking mids for decent nations that are likely to play if you do your research).

11 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Midfield is very weak imo. You want goalscorers or creative mids. One of the biggest pitfalls in fantasy football is picking the 'names' that play in holding/central midfield positions.

Premier League fantasy football for example, loads picked Matic and Kante, rubbish picks but famous names.

Dier and Kovacic aren't guaranteed starts, and all four of your midfielders play in deeper roles. Zielinski maybe the exception but he's fairly expensive for what he is.

Sorry to savage your team, but I would ditch all four of those in the middle (You might have to keep 1 as presumably they're fairly cheap, but there are cheap wingers/attacking mids for decent nations that are likely to play if you do your research).

Honestly Dier and Fernandinho are filler. £6.5m was a bargain imo for Fernandinho as a player who will likely get further in the tournament and thusly score more than the Costa Rican CAM.

Gone for Kovacic and Zielinski for passing success rates which I assume (hope) come in to point scoring. Definitely need to check it but threw it together last night in 5 mintues. Got Elneny on the bench for the same reason.

Just now switched out Dier for Pavon from Argentina who apparently plays as a midfielder for Argentina. Gone for Emil Forsberg instead of Kovacic now as a player who did well for RB Leipzig according to WhoScored. Don't really play fantasy football so I don't know how points are scored, makes it a little bit difficult to pick sides!

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Honestly Dier and Fernandinho are filler. £6.5m was a bargain imo for Fernandinho as a player who will likely get further in the tournament and thusly score more than the Costa Rican CAM.

Gone for Kovacic and Zielinski for passing success rates which I assume (hope) come in to point scoring. Definitely need to check it but threw it together last night in 5 mintues. Got Elneny on the bench for the same reason.

Just now switched out Dier for Pavon from Argentina who apparently plays as a midfielder for Argentina. Gone for Emil Forsberg instead of Kovacic now as a player who did well for RB Leipzig according to WhoScored. Don't really play fantasy football so I don't know how points are scored, makes it a little bit difficult to pick sides!

Here you are mate:

image.png.8322f997ca0b15a72f43085af9eecd5f.png

The way the points go, there's basically no incentive to have holding midfielders.

• Thanks 1

My team name highlights the players I've chosen. 

Never heard of some of them, but they were cheap. Built team around the forwards and neuer in goal 

Screenshot_20180611-123517.png

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

Here you are mate:

image.png.8322f997ca0b15a72f43085af9eecd5f.png

The way the points go, there's basically no incentive to have holding midfielders.

Jesus wept. Massive changes needed!

On 09/06/2018 at 13:56, Markman said:

better than England I fear - go on then

League is

Bristol City

code to enter as below - lets hope more than 2 of us enter (or we may need to bump this back up)

3R5CBTLK

Where can I enter, is it a website or an app?

Does anybody know if there is an option to change your team name? I popped a random name in initially so I could create my team ahead of thinking of a witty team name but can't for the life of me find out how to change it.

22 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

The app is easier!

The website is awful.

I’m in too.

Suspect in the next 30 mins I’ll change again.

74588714-899A-4A3F-B4F8-066F51E8327F.jpeg

think I am too old and slow - I find the website easier than the app!  Still nearly 40 of us now so good show  - have to say though read the transfer policy it is a bit weird and you could make or lose points!

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Arghhhh, just realised you can make in-round subs....hate that.  Should be pick your team and go with it.

You can lose points if you do though cant you?

If the sub in gets less points than the sub out.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You can lose points if you do though cant you?

If the sub in gets less points than the sub out.

Yep, but it also means you are trying to set your team in fixture order.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, but it also means you are trying to set your team in fixture order.

Fair point, I hadnt thought that far ahead.

Normally I join these 3 weeks or so before the season/competition starts and forget about it a week later, so my focus is to not forget I'm in it!

• Haha 1

out of pure idiocy - when I look at the teams in the league they all show something like

Alex_BCFC

Bone Alone

So I assume that is the user name and Team Name?

For me it says

YOU

then my Team Name

Do we all get the view that states YOU or is that something in the settings?