IGNORED

World Cup Fantasy Football

Markman

think I am too old and slow - I find the website easier than the app!  Still nearly 40 of us now so good show  - have to say though read the transfer policy it is a bit weird and you could make or lose points!

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, but it also means you are trying to set your team in fixture order.

Fair point, I hadnt thought that far ahead.

Normally I join these 3 weeks or so before the season/competition starts and forget about it a week later, so my focus is to not forget I'm in it!

out of pure idiocy - when I look at the teams in the league they all show something like

Alex_BCFC

Bone Alone

So I assume that is the user name and Team Name?

For me it says

YOU

then my Team Name

Do we all get the view that states YOU or is that something in the settings?

2 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Changed my team for the hundredth time and settled on this.

1165FBD3-BC06-44FF-9401-1D3537F4A541.png

L'Equipe are suggesting that Lucas Hernandez may well start ahead of Mendy for France.

Also, all that money on Boateng just to sit on the bench? Surely he's much more likely to score points than Carlos Sanchez. Switch them and play 5-3-2 maybe.

Decisions, decisions.

10 minutes ago, Always Ashton Red said:

Oh i forgot we concede so many goals don't we...

And Trippier isn't a set piece taker/one of the best crossers in the squad playing a wingback role to potentially pick up assists....

:blink:

Trippier is a decent pick imo, but your team is far too reliant on England, Brazil and Germany for me.

Three of your back four from one team - If they concede you're fudged. Spread the liability I would.

Also, Coutinho & Neymar, and Muller & Werner are competing for points in the same side. Again I'd probably be looking to switch a couple of those for players from other nations.

Your team has no representation from Spain, Argentina, Uruguay for example, who are all in healthy looking groups!

All opinions of course! Good luck to you.

Sorry if this is covered above but have it read it correctly that you can freely bring in players from your bench as long as it’s before they play each game week (of course losing the substituted players points for the week)? And same with captain? 

With this in mind, assuming you can remember to do it, does it make sense to pick all your players who are playing earliest then sub them if they are have a Diony? 

Its more complex that normal FPL! :blink:

2 minutes ago, Xspence said:

Sorry if this is covered above but have it read it correctly that you can freely bring in players from your bench as long as it’s before they play each game week (of course losing the substituted players points for the week)? And same with captain? 

With this in mind, assuming you can remember to do it, does it make sense to pick all your players who are playing earliest then sub them if they are have a Diony? 

Its more complex that normal FPL! :blink:

I think you're right in your interpretation of the rules, yes. You can bring players from your bench into your team as long as they're yet to play.

Obviously you can only do this from players in your original 15, not actual transfers, so you still want to have as powerful a squad as possible, but certainly there is a small advantage to picking those playing earlier in your starting XI, and then substituting them if they score nothing/very few. As you say, you have to remember to do so!

23 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Trippier is a decent pick imo, but your team is far too reliant on England, Brazil and Germany for me.

Three of your back four from one team - If they concede you're fudged. Spread the liability I would.

Also, Coutinho & Neymar, and Muller & Werner are competing for points in the same side. Again I'd probably be looking to switch a couple of those for players from other nations.

Your team has no representation from Spain, Argentina, Uruguay for example, who are all in healthy looking groups!

All opinions of course! Good luck to you.

Playing Barclays FF for so many years, I always do well with 3 from one team at the back, last year it was Burnley for majority... of course if they concede its a heavy loss, but clean sheet/bonus/assist potential vs Tunisia and Panama are quite high. Considering we kept clean sheets vs Brazil/Germany/Holland... Ill more likely make changes before the Belgium game.

As per Coutinho Neymar... they seem to both be on the scoresheet a lot recently and both picking up assists... Clean sheets in majoirty of games to makes Marcelo a great attacking option as well as a bonus/assist possibility.

Germany you maybe correct... I am unsure on Werner at the moment but they create alot so possible gamble and Muller always loves a world cup.

Left Spain out purely on the situation they found themselves in, i had Isco in before.

I left Argies out... they will concede goals... and leaving Messi out may well bite me in the ass but im also playing for money in other leagues and sometimes its good to go slightly different... SOMETIMES... :unsure:

But good luck to! I do enjoy everyones opinions FF wise, makes certain games extra to play for!

Archived