IGNORED

Bobby Reid contract

MC RISK77

Ok so am not in worried camp about transfers yet but given we are in for Marriott and no news on bobby situation I do wonder if he has been made an offer or if club is resigned to losing him.

given he was our best player last season I may think we could have heard something either way by now.

is consensus of opinion that he is gone? Facebook city till I die page their is a post saying sell him before anyone realises he is not a striker...maybe so I see him as a no 10 but for me the most talented layer we have.

how much could we command for him if he is off with one year left...7-10m?

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Ok so am not in worried camp about transfers yet but given we are in for Marriott and no news on bobby situation I do wonder if he has been made an offer or if club is resigned to losing him.

given he was our best player last season I may think we could have heard something either way by now.

is consensus of opinion that he is gone? Facebook city till I die page their is a post saying sell him before anyone realises he is not a striker...maybe so I see him as a no 10 but for me the most talented layer we have.

how much could we command for him if he is off with one year left...7-10m?

Most talented layer,the ladies of Bristol will miss him when he’s gone then

1 hour ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Sell sell sell 

That is the model allegedly 

Especially if the player is going into the last year of his contract and won't sign a new one.

9 hours ago, downendcity said:

Especially if the player is going into the last year of his contract and won't sign a new one.

Yes, that's the stated policy.

Players are offered new contracts but if they don't sign them and their contract has only a year remaining upon it then they are up for sale.

It's a sensible policy and IIRC Arsenal follow the same strategy.

I would sell him this summer if he doesn't want to sign a new contract, will no ill-feelings, and try to insert a clause that we get first choice to sign him back if it all goes pear-shaped for him in the Premier League (presuming that's where he goes).

2 hours ago, swanker said:

Between 5 and 7? The going rate for a 20 goals a season championship striker is 10 million plus! 

Not when he is in the last year of his contract it isn't!

Added to that is that Bobby has been a 20 goal a season striker for ONE season.

If he decides to leave he holds all the cards, and that will influence hugely,  the fee we get.

I’d like him to sign for another two years, tbo.  One season don’t make you a top player, he’s in a side that’s  shaped for him, he’ll have a better chance repeating lasts seasons efforts.  Which would then raise his stock for all.  Bcfc need to give these kids coming through a good deal, money with a premier league release clause for a set offer.

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes, that's the stated policy.

Players are offered new contracts but if they don't sign them and their contract has only a year remaining upon it then they are up for sale.

It's a sensible policy and IIRC Arsenal follow the same strategy.

What if a player only signs for a year ? Do you put him on the list straight away ? 

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Kodjia went for over £10m without a sustained record.

Well he did score 15 goals in just 28 games before we signed him then he scored 19 in 36 for us...more proven than Bobby but I get your point, I just don’t think anyone will dangle more than £10m in front of us for Bobby until he’s shown he can do it for more than just one season...and Villa’s spending has been a bit ridiculous for zero return and now they are in trouble...

4 hours ago, swanker said:

Between 5 and 7? The going rate for a 20 goals a season championship striker is 10 million plus! 

Not one with a year on his contract, refusing to sign additional extensions, to a team making substantial losses that they need to offset with a sale.

If he does go, I'll be very surprised if it's for more than £7m.

2 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Not when he is in the last year of his contract it isn't!

Added to that is that Bobby has been a 20 goal a season striker for ONE season.

If he decides to leave he holds all the cards, and that will influence hugely,  the fee we get.

I get the “one year of his contract left bit”, but I think that at this stage of the window it’s largely irrelevant.  Once we get past the end of this window then his price will massively reduce, but until then, I still think he holds full / near full value. 

Archived