IGNORED

Lord Mark Lucan

The Nest Egg

9 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Did anyone ( except Robbored who was smitten with Mr Char isma) expect anything from him?

Fired by Oxford, despised by Watford fans, sued Watford and lost, & took credit for the successful recruitment by Cotts in L1 even though he wasn't working here at the time. Poor cv and I question why SL appointed him.

In the interests of balance, he wasn’t ‘fired by Oxford’ - total exaggeration - and I’m not the biggest MA fan....but you’re suggesting he underperformed at Oxford, not true: 

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/14157913.Oxford_United_chief_executive_Mark_Ashton_leaves_club_as_chairman_Darryl_Eales_takes_extra_role/

.....and you obviously spoke to thousands of Watford fans to know he was ‘despised’ by them all....or did you just get a few sound bites from their forum?! 

As I said, I’m by no means a huge fan of MA but keep the criticism balanced and based on evidence...

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m not the biggest MA supporter but his football experience is much more than “2 games for West Brom reserves” - he was a director at West Brom for 14 years, he was the chief executive at Watford for nearly 5 years and he was the chief executive at Oxford for nearly 2 years - he’s held senior positions at four football clubs for over 20 years so he must have had some experience of the recruitment process....

I think the “Director at WBA” for 14 years might be a bit of self-promoting, the likes you see on LinkedIn.  Has though held positions at Watford and Oxford.  That 14 years at WBA might need further scrutiny when he next hands his cv in.

His time at Wycombe doesn’t get a mention!

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/4406907.Ashton_resigns_from_Wycombe_after_four_months/

Director ar WBA, could mean anything. I’m a director of my business.

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

In the interests of balance, he wasn’t ‘fired by Oxford’ - total exaggeration - and I’m not the biggest MA fan....but you’re suggesting he underperformed at Oxford, not true: 

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/14157913.Oxford_United_chief_executive_Mark_Ashton_leaves_club_as_chairman_Darryl_Eales_takes_extra_role/

.....and you obviously spoke to thousands of Watford fans to know he was ‘despised’ by them all....or did you just get a few sound bites from their forum?! 

As I said, I’m by no means a huge fan of MA but keep the criticism balanced and based on evidence...

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/3995357.A_period_that_few_will_miss/

I also think if you dig a little deeper he wasn’t a director at WBA for 14 yts

Was certainly a community officer for part of that time

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think the “Director at WBA” for 14 years might be a bit of self-promoting.....

Director ar WBA, could mean anything. I’m a director of my business.

You seem to be saying director doesn’t mean a lot because you are a director of your business?! Don’t put yourself down chief....

52 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m not the biggest MA supporter but his football experience is much more than “2 games for West Brom reserves” - he was a director at West Brom for 14 years, he was the chief executive at Watford for nearly 5 years and he was the chief executive at Oxford for nearly 2 years - he’s held senior positions at four football clubs for over 20 years so he must have had some experience of the recruitment process....

Not the biggest admirer either!

Record at City?

Players for the future?

Future now - where are the future stars? One or two have shown they could be the future, but with LJs personality selections can they have a future?

LJ involved in the signings? Really confident that will improve our future! Fiona and Kent?? Poor material to work with from day one but Envall and Maggers never stood a chance! Just like the playground bully LJ was able to blame someone else!

What happened to the future stars? Big money outgoings? Backbone of the current squad seem to be up for grabs - wtf? The only positive change LJ has given us is switching Bobby up front! Wait a minute that happened before!!!  Remember those games when we suddenly were on fire? Brien, Reid and Burns spewing enthusiasm and skill!

The future is now! we threw away half a season and saw the most stupid selections imaginable - despite the stated fact that we had depth!  Put that together with the lamentable treatment of young, elderly and disabled fans we have a club that has no direction lead by executives whose only concern is the balance sheet!

I didn't need to speak to Watford fans.........their local paper sums it up for us......

"Logic dictates there must be more than one person with a good word to say about Mark Ashton’s reign as Watford’s chief executive, but I have yet to meet them"

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/3995357.A_period_that_few_will_miss/

11 hours ago, Cider_boy said:

Wasn't it a similar story the previous season?

He's all over the media when we're doing well and disappears when we're not.

It really is pathetic behaviour from someone in such a senior position. 

God forbid that the media might be the ones wanting interviews with him when we are doing well, yet not very bothered when we aren’t doing so well..!

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

God forbid that the media might be the ones wanting interviews with him when we are doing well, yet not very bothered when we aren’t doing so well..!

You mean the club media?

Some very lengthy interviews with AB and other insiders when we were doing well iirc.

32 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You mean the club media?

Some very lengthy interviews with AB and other insiders when we were doing well iirc.

That’s just plain & simple PR. 

Make hay while the sun shines, and all that. 

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Isn't PR more important when the sun isn't shining too?

Yes. Which is partly why the ST prices were a effing monumental balls up. 

On 10/06/2018 at 12:54, Major Isewater said:

Just perhaps Mark Ashton listened to supporters who criticized him for being in the media too often ?

Maybe he's working even harder behind the scenes to lay the foundations of the coming season ?

Personally I only want to hear from him when he has something of interest to say.

Is that likely? :ermm::noexp::mf_sleep:

14 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm sure Geoff Twentyman mentioned asking for an interview and MA wasn't available…

Archived