IGNORED

Socceraid

E.G.Red

4 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Then you know who he meant, you pedantic.......

My error which I corrected. Not sure why I misspelt it originally, blame it on the sunshine. (Which they haven't got at Old Trafford where it is persistently raining. 

4 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Should be all former players in my opinion. Would attract a lot more attention. The celebrities are just too slow, and well.. crap. Offer no entertainment at all. Sure UNICEF would make more money from that system. 

Not sure, the crowd is filled with middle aged women who've come to see Robbie Williams etc, a majority probably wouldn't turn up for a game of ex pro's

Side point, I know its a charity game and all but anyone feel they're been over preachy? And minimum amount I've seen them say you can donate is £10, they're just saying £10 or £20. A lot of people I know wouldn't be able to just donate that for charity. 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Side point, I know its a charity game and all but anyone feel they're been over preachy? And minimum amount I've seen them say you can donate is £10, they're just saying £10 or £20. A lot of people I know wouldn't be able to just donate that for charity. 

I think most people could donate a tenner and go without a packet of fags or a few beers, granted most people would choose not too.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Not sure, the crowd is filled with middle aged women who've come to see Robbie Williams etc, a majority probably wouldn't turn up for a game of ex pro's

Aye quite true. But I'm sure Old Trafford would sell out if you could get a lot of international legends from the 90s and early 00's playing. Along with the likes of Shearer, Nevilles, Waddle, Psycho, Gazza, Sherringham etc all involved. 

Just now, EmissionImpossible said:

I think most people could donate a tenner and go without a packet of fags or a few beers, granted most people would choose not too.

Fair, but to not advertise something like 'donate what you can' and instead advertise it as a minimum of a £10 donation is a bit off for a charity event, anything should be greatly appreciated.

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Fair, but to not advertise something like 'donate what you can' and instead advertise it as a minimum of a £10 donation is a bit off for a charity event, anything should be greatly appreciated.

Five of us watching so £2 each. Cheaper than a cup of tea at the gate.

3 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Suggested before and I don’t know why they don’t do it but if they opened up a raffle, say £10 entry, for a member of the public to get involved, even for a few days training with them and a 10 min run out during the game, they would make an absolute killing!

Some of the ‘celebrities’ are less well known than Joe Public :D

Archived