IGNORED

Socceraid

E.G.Red

1 minute ago, FlintSaidNo said:

Am I the only one genuinely impressed by Bolt’s finishing? Combined with his pace you’ve gotta think he’d make a good Vardy style player, with the right midfield behind him

Ironically, I think he’s too slow for football. Cognitively of course. However, he also failed to utilise his pace at all.

4 minutes ago, FlintSaidNo said:

Am I the only one genuinely impressed by Bolt’s finishing? Combined with his pace you’ve gotta think he’d make a good Vardy style player, with the right midfield behind him

I didn't think he was that good, he was alright but he stood out because the majority he was playing against were a lot worse, put a league 2 defence against him and they'd play him out of the game through skill and organisation. The thing about his pace as well, in comparison to sprinters he's a very slow starter over the first 20m, his real pace comes at 30-70m when his stride length is at its maximum (something he doesn't get with a ball at his feet) players don't often get the chance to sprint 20m plus and teams would just sit deeper against him. Therefore wouldn't be any quicker than the quicker players in the league without their skill. 

5 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Ironically, I think he’s too slow for football. Cognitively of course. However, he also failed to utilise his pace at all.

Agree about failing to utilise his pace, bizarrely seemed to be sitting back and playing with his back to goal a lot of the time

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

I didn't think he was that good, he was alright but he stood out because the majority he was playing against were a lot worse, put a league 2 defence against him and they'd play him out of the game through skill and organisation. The thing about his pace as well, in comparison to sprinters he's a very slow starter over the first 20m, his real pace comes at 30-70m when his stride length is at its maximum (something he doesn't get with a ball at his feet) players don't often get the chance to sprint 20m plus and teams would just sit deeper against him. Therefore wouldn't be any quicker than the quicker players in the league without their skill. 

Yes he was against a poor defence but he also had absolutely no service from his teammates, so it kind of works both ways. Not saying he’s about to sign for Man City, but I reckon he could do a job in the lower leagues though (I doubt he’s actually that interested in being a footballer if it’s not at the top level though)

Just now, FlintSaidNo said:

Agree about failing to utilise his pace, bizarrely seemed to be sitting back and playing with his back to goal a lot of the time

Yes he was against a poor defence but he also had absolutely no service from his teammates, so it kind of works both ways. Not saying he’s about to sign for Man City, but I reckon he could do a job in the lower leagues though (I doubt he’s actually that interested in being a footballer if it’s not at the top level though)

Point was there was little organisation between the defenders, players kept breaking rank and coming out to him creating space for him to go past (Flintoff and at least an occasion in the first half). Organised defences wouldn't open the holes for him to start with.

17 minutes ago, FlintSaidNo said:

Hasn’t he recently signed for some conference side, or Scottish team..? I can’t remember who, but I’m sure I saw a headline in the last month or so, saying he’d signed for someone..? 

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Hasn’t he recently signed for some conference side, or Scottish team..? I can’t remember who, but I’m sure I saw a headline in the last month or so, saying he’d signed for someone..? 

No, he's trained with a few clubs such as Dortmund, and a club in Norway the other week. 

All the clubs he's trained with are sponsored by Puma..... 

35 minutes ago, Selred said:

No, he's trained with a few clubs such as Dortmund, and a club in Norway the other week. 

All the clubs he's trained with are sponsored by Puma..... 

Ah right! Probably just a publicity stunt then. 

Great game, especially the first half. Not been to Old Trafford before, not as impressed as i thought i would be if im honest. Traffic horrendous after the game, i thought they would be used to dealing with 71,000 people. My view 

20180610_181127.jpg

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Great game, especially the first half. Not been to Old Trafford before, not as impressed as i thought i would be if im honest. Traffic horrendous after the game, i thought they would be used to dealing with 71,000 people. My view 

20180610_181127.jpg

Old Trafford is basically just St Mary's XL.

Any sort of atmosphere? How were the Rest of the World ultras?

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Old Trafford is basically just St Mary's XL.

Any sort of atmosphere? How were the Rest of the World ultras?

Kids blowing blowing vuvuzelas (sp) hooters. How i didnt ram one somewhere i dont know. And Mexican waves, not my thing but a 'different' experience 

Archived