IGNORED

Torquay advice

City fan 1982

Hi fellow reds , 

on holiday in the summer in the English riviera , found a hotel , however is there much to do ? 

Any advice tips , on getting discounts for local attractions ? 

Also hoping to visit Plainmoor , ideally take in a game  , hoping a friendly or early ( non ) league game   Any help welcomed  as last visit was 20 years ago ! 

Cheers kivsy 

It depends what you`re after really. Torbay`s got everything you expect from a Devon holiday resort - decent pubs, beaches and gardens, all the usual stuff.

A few suggestions (but, like I say, no idea if they will appeal or not)

Torre Abbey

Babbacombe Model Village

Kents Cavern

Living Coasts Sealife Centre

English Riviera Wheel (like the London Eye but smaller)

Brixham is well worth a visit too.

You could also see what shows are on at the Pavilions - they usually have some decent stuff on over the Summer

Edit; As @phantom says, the steam train is pretty good fun too. Dartmouth is very pretty (although they were digging a lot of the roads up a month or so ago but I imagine that`s finished now in time for the season).

Second Kent's Cavern - absolutely amazing walking around there!!

Torquay is nice, and if you want a day trip elsewhere, there are loads of places within an hour drive from there.

As for discounts - check online before you go, and keep an eye out for the leaflets that are around.

Depends what floats your boat, touring around Wetherspoons or touring around National Trust properties for instance.

if it’s the former, the ones around the harbour in Torquay are ok, though one Spoons is no longer a Spoons, the Apple and Partot, but still a good pub to watch sport and live music. I’d avoid most things in Paignton bar the zoo and the steam railway, my opinion only, somebody must like it I guess.

Brixham is nice and he best way to get there is the small ferry from Torquay, only a couple quid I believe and you get a nice boat ride and avoid the terrible traffic. Dartmouth is a real gem of a place.

if you do like NT properties, Coleton Fishacre and Greenaway are my two favourites in the whole of the south west. 

Torquay United played our under 23 team in a pre season last year and may do the same this as Gary Owens is manager. 

Archived