IGNORED

Spectacular fall from grace - Diony

Major Isewater

40 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Did you see him play for us..?!

I genuinely don’t think I’ve seen a worse player! Even Bad Savage looked like Lionel Messi compared to Diony..!

There is clear something wrong and it must go deeper than a spell of bad form. Did anyone actually check that it was him turning up on matchdays, and not his twin brother who’d never kicked a football before..?!

bad savage ha! ha! was that a Freudian slip?

Got to say that he didn’t look great but I think some are a bit quick to right him off, definitely not match fit when he joined us and only had a few cameo sub appearances, add the fact that his confidence looked shot to bits

9 minutes ago, harrys said:

Got to say that he didn’t look great but I think some are a bit quick to right him off, definitely not match fit when he joined us and only had a few cameo sub appearances, add the fact that his confidence looked shot to bits

Well done, Bristol City scouts. Give yourself a big pat on the back

28 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh yes I remember that, near the South Stand. He was in real pain I remember.

I thought he looked really quick and strong on that debut, his running in behind appeared to be what we were missing. 

I agree, I was more than satisfied leaving the AG after the QPR game that we had an exciting player on our hands.

My only fear was we'd be missing him for a few games ( at least) after that tackle.

Transfermarket show his contract as running out at the end of this month . I don't know how reliable they are.

OK , I'm having a bit of a ' Diony ' here , this is City's loan contract .

He was signed until June 2021 by Les Verts .

At least you all get another chance to admire his hair cut .

:laughcont:

m

Position: Avant centre 

Contrat jusqu’à: 30.06.2018

Agents: CH Conseil et ...

Loïs Diony
imago

20 minutes ago, harrys said:

As a short term impact loan this made no sense. Blame firmly at LJ and MA’s door for this debacle which basically cost us a place in the playoffs. Still fuming. We’ll lose Joe Bobby and Aden over it too no doubt. 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Transfermarket show his contract as running out at the end of this month . I don't know how reliable they are.

m

Position: Avant centre 

Contrat jusqu’à: 30.06.2018

Agents: CH Conseil et ...

Loïs Diony
imago

You really think a club would sign someone for €9m on a 1 year contract?!

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

So basically he was right in the names given?

All listed turned out to be worse players that what we signed

There many past players that qualify as the worst signing. Most recently El Abd  was certainly one. Prior to him Dinning and Gus Caesar are another two.  

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There many past players that qualify as the worst signing. Most recently El Abd  was certainly one. Prior to him Dinning and Gus Caesar are another two.  

Get off Gus Caesars back, will you?

He’s in the same bracket as Carl Hutchings, Steve Jones, Bas Savage etc for me. Just like them I hoped he would come good and I think had he got a goal early on in his loan spell we may have seen the best of him but it wasn’t to be. It was worth the punt but it just didn’t work out.

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

He’s in the same bracket as Carl Hutchings, Steve Jones, Bas Savage etc for me. Just like them I hoped he would come good and I think had he got a goal early on in his loan spell we may have seen the best of him but it wasn’t to be. It was worth the punt but it just didn’t work out.

I agree with the three you mention but not that Dionsy was the same quality. I don't think we saw enough of him to make a qualified assessment.

Our worse signing has to be Andy Smith, he could have played for 10 years in a City shirt and never had a shot let alone a goal. I was amazed he kept getting chances off the bench, I actually thought a fan would do better than him. He seriously was the most useless I've ever seen. 

5 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

Our worse signing has to be Andy Smith, he could have played for 10 years in a City shirt and never had a shot let alone a goal. I was amazed he kept getting chances off the bench, I actually thought a fan would do better than him. He seriously was the most useless I've ever seen. 

Won a vital free kick up at Doncaster though from which McCombe scored a vital late winner!

3 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

The point of my thread wasn't about rubbish footballers but ones whose careers went up in smoke .

Diony , has to be one of the most dramatic, going from a club's record signing to being an expensive embarrassment.

Just now, Major Isewater said:

The point of my thread wasn't about rubbish footballers but ones whose careers went up in smoke .

Diony , has to be one of the most dramatic, going from a club's record signing to being an expensive embarrassment.

In all honesty he wasn't really given a chance. A few second half cameo's and the team were playing poor at the time. 

31 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

Worse than Stern John??!?

5 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

More prolonged than dramatic, but Alan Smith's career decline since his first season with United is worth a mention. Have a looking at his goal-scoring record. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Smith_(footballer%2C_born_1980)?wprov=sfla1

In fairness though, he suffered a horrible leg break and was converted afterwards to a holding midfielder

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Did you see him play for us..?!

I genuinely don’t think I’ve seen a worse player! Even Bad Savage looked like Lionel Messi compared to Diony..!

There is clear something wrong and it must go deeper than a spell of bad form. Did anyone actually check that it was him turning up on matchdays, and not his twin brother who’d never kicked a football before..?!

Agreed! I can't recall a worse player at AG for sometime. He seemed to seriously have not clue what colour we wore. I saw nothing to suggest he was once or ever will be a pro footballer. Not sure whether the problem is in his head but if he showed any ability I probably missed it whilst blinking.

11 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

That does ring a bell, Noggers
Glad it was all over, played with little or no fear by that point I guess?

His farewell game iirc., it was already public knowledge he was on his way.

The funny thing was he remained popular despite his misfiring and that double was really celebrated in the stands - a mixture of disbelief and hilarity, which he joined in.

A real 'trier' who always played with a smile on his face as I remember it.  

48 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Except, ridiculously, he suddenly notched 2 in his last game iirc.

He scored 4 goals that season. 

All against Peterborough, iirc. 

2 away & 2 at home. I saw all of them. 

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

He scored 4 goals that season. 

All against Peterborough, iirc. 

2 away & 2 at home. I saw all of them. 

4 in the league, plus 1 in the League Cup.

Looking at the records that must have been in our 1-0 win at the Vetch Field.

( Before losing the home leg 0-2)

Archived