IGNORED

Bournemouth friendly announced

Jerseybean

5 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Often a friendly with a premiership team is announced after a player has been transferred to them, we have, however, decided to do it the other way around.

who was the last player we sold to a prem club?

Am I going mad? The article on the OS says first time we've played them since 2006 when LJ scored - well I remember a pre-season game there in 2013 under SOD. We drew 0-0. 

I appreciate it may the 'the first time we've played them in the league/ a competitive fixture since 2006' but then again we're not?!

Please don't tell me it was a desperate attempt to shoehorn in a reference to an LJ goal ffs

18 minutes ago, devoncider said:

Am I going mad? The article on the OS says first time we've played them since 2006 when LJ scored - well I remember a pre-season game there in 2013 under SOD. We drew 0-0. 

I appreciate it may the 'the first time we've played them in the league/ a competitive fixture since 2006' but then again we're not?!

Please don't tell me it was a desperate attempt to shoehorn in a reference to an LJ goal ffs

You're right, definitely played them in a friendly with SOD in charge, I went, think it was Pack's debut too.

19 minutes ago, devoncider said:

thats what happens when you fire a city supporting head of media, that or like the rest of us, the club are trying to erase the memory of SoD 

52 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Often a friendly with a premiership team is announced after a player has been transferred to them, we have, however, decided to do it the other way around.

Agreed as part of Reid's transfer ??

• Admin
34 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

You're right, definitely played them in a friendly with SOD in charge, I went, think it was Pack's debut too.

Yeah, remember the weekend well

27th July 2013

Interestingly they play Forest away on Saturday 28th, I wonder how decent a side they will be bringing?

• Admin
39 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

thats what happens when you fire a city supporting head of media, that or like the rest of us, the club are trying to erase the memory of SoD 

Mind you the Bournemouth website isn't much better 

image.png

19 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Bit of a tenuous link regarding a potential transfer for Reid isn’t it? It’s Bournemouth not Barcelona. 

We must be one of their most local games (ignoring fellow PL sides) so seems a sensible away fixture for them. 

Just hoping a pre-season friendly against West Brom isn’t announced! :fingerscrossed:

11 minutes ago, Xspence said:

7pm kick off too I believe. For those of us who work away it makes it pretty much impossible to get back for.

Getting anywhere in Bristol on a Friday is impossible! 

Pretty pointless friendly really, will only be a few thousand there and Bournemouth will play the kids with the odd first team squad player. 

The club should make an effort to get a big club down here, someone like Liverpool or arsenal who we haven’t played in years, get a good crowd in and see how we fare up

53 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

WTF are you on about.

You've been around here for a while, you should have witnessed how any mention of Celtic degenerates into division amongst City fans around the old firm.  Do a search if not. 

(I'm no angel on that score and weighed in myself in the past.  Just got to the point where I think it's best kept off here.  Go to Celtic or Rangers forums for that).

I don't see what playing Bournemouth has to do with Celtic.  Why mention Celtic?  

Archived