IGNORED

Bournemouth friendly announced

Jerseybean

16 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

You've been around here for a while, you should have witnessed how any mention of Celtic degenerates into division amongst City fans around the old firm.  Do a search if not. 

(I'm no angel on that score and weighed in myself in the past.  Just got to the point where I think it's best kept off here.  Go to Celtic or Rangers forums for that).

I don't see what playing Bournemouth has to do with Celtic.  Why mention Celtic?  

The only reason I mentioned Celtic was it was rumoured to be a friendly this pre season . Nothing more nothing less . And I don’t fancy playing Celtic in pre season 

3 hours ago, Xspence said:

7pm kick off too I believe. For those of us who work away it makes it pretty much impossible to get back for.

Only night match I can make tbh but for a lot of people who don't live in the local area, it's an absolute ballache.

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Bit of a tenuous link regarding a potential transfer for Reid isn’t it? It’s Bournemouth not Barcelona. 

We must be one of their most local games (ignoring fellow PL sides) so seems a sensible away fixture for them. 

This is OTIB so even the most tenuous link to create some gossip aimed at having dig at the club will not be missed. I was wondering earlier  who the next “... has played his last game for City” thread will be about?  I had lost count of how many times Aden Flint left City at the beginning of the season. :laughcont:

14 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Pretty pointless friendly really, will only be a few thousand there and Bournemouth will play the kids with the odd first team squad player. 

The club should make an effort to get a big club down here, someone like Liverpool or arsenal who we haven’t played in years, get a good crowd in and see how we fare up

why, friendly are about fitness and gelling only, its not to pander to the fans its about getting the team ready for the season

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

why, friendly are about fitness and gelling only, its not to pander to the fans its about getting the team ready for the season

I get that but I'd like to see the club bring a big side down and make a bit of an event out of it, we've played plenty of mid table Premier league sides over the years so it would be good to see us up against a top 4 team

28 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I get that but I'd like to see the club bring a big side down and make a bit of an event out of it, we've played plenty of mid table Premier league sides over the years so it would be good to see us up against a top 4 team

But don’t the ‘big teams’ charge an absolute fortune for playing them, and are only interested in jetting off across the world for these fixtures now. Seriously can you see Liverpool for example rocking up here with their youngsters after we took one on loan and didn’t play him.

Our usual type prem teams have been relegated and we will be playing them next season anyhow. 

31 minutes ago, RedM said:

But don’t the ‘big teams’ charge an absolute fortune for playing them, and are only interested in jetting off across the world for these fixtures now. Seriously can you see Liverpool for example rocking up here with their youngsters after we took one on loan and didn’t play him.

Our usual type prem teams have been relegated and we will be playing them next season anyhow. 

when bournmouth played real madrid they had to pay them in the region of 1.5 million or something stupid like that, and just to break even they had to charge £50 quid a ticket

Found it,

Cost the club a cool million and they charged people £60 a ticket with a £15 discount for season ticket holders,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2372711/Bournemouth-0-Real-Madrid-6--friendly-match-report-Cristiano-Ronaldo-stars-Galacticos-squash-Cherries.html 

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

when bournmouth played real madrid they had to pay them in the region of 1.5 million or something stupid like that, and just to break even they had to charge £50 quid a ticket

Yes I remember that, they were delighted they had agreed to play them and then saw the ticket prices. Think they rushed get the stadium finished so they could get 12,000 in ( don’t think they can fit many more in now can they, gawd knows how they have been sustainable in the Prem). The fans were used to paying about £20 in League One, or had they just been promoted to the Championship, anyway they then wanted three times the average ticket price to watch Real Madrid. Of course they sold out as they were Real Madrid, but if our average is say £30 how many would want to pay £90 for a friendly? 

Obviously we can hold more than 12,000 but if our club thought they could charge a good price, they would.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Cost the club a cool million and they charged people £60 a ticket with a £15 discount for season ticket holders,

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Obviously we can hold more than 12,000 but if our club thought they could charge a good price, they would.

That was the sole reason, they only had a very limited number of seats they could sell

Can't really blame a club for charging, we are well known to do "very well" out of friendlies when we are the visitors / neutral ground

19 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Looking forward to this game, be a chance to take my young son down to his first City game.

We haven't had a home friendly for a couple of seasons (please correct me if I'm having a memory blip), nice to see one at the Gate again.

played FC Twente last season 5k turned up

On 13/06/2018 at 07:31, JBFC II said:

We played 2 last season. Beat one and gave the other a close game.

On 13/06/2018 at 07:31, JBFC II said:

Didn’t we see that 3 times last season..?

32 minutes ago, Super said:

£11 to watch a friendly against Bournemouth is ridiculous. No wonder there is little interest plus the 7pm on a Friday.

friendlys have always been around a tenner for adults for as long as i can remember

Archived