IGNORED

Rose of Denmark (Merged)

Super

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

The report seems a bit misleading, it's only the current owners that are leaving.

With a bit of luck someone else will be in there pretty soon

I did notice that yet it says it's poured it's final pint!

I have heard that the Rose of Denmark in Hotwells is closing / has closed.

This has been my pre-match watering hole for last 20 years and I don't know where to go next season if true.

I don't live near Bristol so does anyone have any local knowledge of what's happening to it?

7 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

I have heard that the Rose of Denmark in Hotwells is closing / has closed.

This has been my pre-match watering hole for last 20 years and I don't know where to go next season if true.

I don't live near Bristol so does anyone have any local knowledge of what's happening to it?

go to the merchants arms, thats a nice little watering hole

Sorry but they've only got themselves to blame. We used to go there all the time for Sunday roasts but the standard has been on a gradual decline for a couple of years. Last time we went there two of the meals we ordered were absolutely pathetic, were sent back and then the replacements nearly as bad. Haven't been back since. 

If you can't get the basics right in such a competitive market you're doomed to fail. Hopefully the new management sorts it out.

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 09:43, monkeyboy said:

This was reported in the Post yesterday - current landlords moving on due to increased costs and also

** family reasons (recently had twins or something) 

** Sounds like it might have all started to go about wrong nine or ten months ago when a condom split then... :farmer:

On 13/06/2018 at 10:16, Tomarse said:

Another pub co screwing the landlords with a rent increase.  It'll be houses within 2 years.

Let's hope not eh, seriously the more old pubs that close down or lose their traditional ambience by becoming gastro pubs the less attractive Bristol becomes as a place to live.

I've been going to the Rose of Denmark since the 70's and it's always been a well supported pub.

I understand your pessimism but really hope it proves unfounded and the Rose of Denmark will return stronger.

Archived