IGNORED

England players ask for Love Island to be shown in their bedrooms

Ah, some top-quality journalism from The Express and Bruce Archer (assuming that's a real person)...

For starters, I don't know many top-tier hotels or resorts that won't have English channels available. Sky probably helped out with getting Sky Sports set up, but I'm pretty sure ITV2 has been an option in every hotel I've stayed at in the last few years, from Germany to Spain to Croatia.

Also, why would it be because of Love Island? It's popular, but most people that watch ITV2 are watching it for Family Guy and American Dad.

In my opinion, it's made-up bollocks from The Express to get negativity around the England camp, like the press do every time we're in a competition.

Great show that has the nation in thrall. Great call from Southgate to allow this as it will really ground the squad and prevent homesickness. 

This is perhaps the greatest ever season of Love Island. The format has been refined and honed over several seasons yet retains its freshness. The usual parade of hopefuls has additional celebrity spice with Dani Dyer’s presence. 

My own personal shout for victory is Niall and Hayley - his quixotic naivety will blend seductively and unstoppably with her dead-eyed pragmatism.

Though that is not to take away from the inspirational presence and contributions of other villa residents most notably that model, that blonde with too much fake tan, and that brunette with too much makeup. 

We truly live in a golden age of TV.

2 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Ah, some top-quality journalism from The Express there...

For starters, I don't know many top-tier hotels or resorts that won't have English channels available. Sky probably helped out with getting Sky Sports set up, but I'm pretty sure ITV2 has been an option in every hotel I've stayed at in the last few years, from Germany to Spain to Croatia.

Also, why would it be because of Love Island? It's popular, but most people that watch ITV2 are watching it for Family Guy and American Dad.

In my opinion, it's made-up bollocks from The Express to get negativity around the England camp, like the press do every time we're in a competition.

I mean I watch the two and a half men re-run and superstore as well ;)

Who cares?

I mean Love Island is shallow, morally bankrupt, vapid, reprehensible hunk of shite thats about as boring as it is possible to be, but if they want to watch it then it isn't news.

Let them do what they want without the scrutiny ffs.

16 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Who cares?

morally bankrupt, vapid, reprehensible hunks of shite thats about as boring as it is possible to be, but if they want to watch it then it isn't news.

That's no way to talk about the England players  ZE.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Who cares?

I mean Love Island is shallow, morally bankrupt, vapid, reprehensible hunk of shite thats about as boring as it is possible to be, but if they want to watch it then it isn't news.

You could be describing much of modern British life there ZE.

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Corrected that for you....

Or some times it's nice to see how the other half live and to reaffirm your own moral compass.

Not aimed at you but I do dislike television snobbery - not everyone needs to read Nietzsche all the time and sometimes it's nice to just watch something with no intelligence needed.

We all watch football which is probably equally as braindead, people just like to overcomplicate it and pretend it is much more than grit, determination and a bit of technique. 

20 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Or some times it's nice to see how the other half live and to reaffirm your own moral compass.

Not aimed at you but I do dislike television snobbery - not everyone needs to read Nietzsche all the time and sometimes it's nice to just watch something with no intelligence needed.

We all watch football which is probably equally as braindead, people just like to overcomplicate it and pretend it is much more than grit, determination and a bit of technique. 

That's why they have the TV and film option - Nietzsche Flicks!  

First year watching Love Island and finding it great and easy viewing.

I like relaxing with trailer trash tv after another full on mentally draining day in work.

Of course I am thick (obviously) so you need to make allowances :yawn: 

6 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

This is the kind of thing that stopped me following England. 

Pathetic. 

Really? What if Bobby Reid or Flinty of pack is watching it? 

I find it bizarre you would stop following a football team due to what programme they watch - it’s all the young uns at work are talking about at the moment, let them have a bit of fun / who cares

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

I think you can have "mass appeal" programmes and not be brain-dead, but Love Island is definitely brain-dead and a rather sad indictment of television, when you think of what were the ratings hits of yesteryear.

I stand by my criticism.  "If you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss will become you," as Nietzsche would have said.  ;)

10 hours ago, Neo said:

I like relaxing with trailer trash tv after another full on mentally draining day in work.

"I have just  finished skimming through 'Rogue Herrys' by Hugh Walpole, and I suddenly came over all peckish for some light entertainment."

10 hours ago, Rob k said:

Really? What if Bobby Reid or Flinty of pack is watching it? 

I find it bizarre you would stop following a football team due to what programme they watch - it’s all the young uns at work are talking about at the moment, let them have a bit of fun / who cares

Just that it's such big a deal to them. Focus on what matters and if you miss it watch it another time. It's not the end of the world. 

16 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Who cares?

I am absolutely 100% certain you watch it.

9 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

Just that it's such big a deal to them. Focus on what matters and if you miss it watch it another time. It's not the end of the world. 

I suspect the media have been a bit clever with the truth here.  The report had no direct player quotes, so I suspect a throwaway comment was made about tv channels (no mention of the said programme), as the headline was created.

I’m sure they’d have found a way to watch it if that desperate, via VPN or something.

It is piss poor reporting, imho.  When players, officials are quoted, it has legs to stand on.  All this mentions is a few English speaking tv channels, no reference to LI.

11 hours ago, Neo said:

It's class, nice bit of trash TV after a hard day at work. 

2 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I suspect the media have been a bit clever with the truth here.  The report had no direct player quotes, so I suspect a throwaway comment was made about tv channels (no mention of the said programme), as the headline was created.

I’m sure they’d have found a way to watch it if that desperate, via VPN or something.

It is piss poor reporting, imho.  When players, officials are quoted, it has legs to stand on.  All this mentions is a few English speaking tv channels, no reference to LI.

Suspect it wasn't at all, probably just click bait journalism ...

Archived