IGNORED

Julen Lopetegui - Spain Manager Sacked (Merged)

Coppello

There are rumours building from various sources that the Spain manager has been sacked the day before the World Cup. Apparently the Spanish FA are not happy with him agreeing a deal with Real Madrid in advance and the lack of transparency on his part. Can't be too good for their preparations. 

31 minutes ago, The Bard said:

He's probably playing bowls or golf or something.  Hardly ready to manage a side in 2 days time.  It will be the coaches who run it.

Yeh was tongue in cheek really. Great news for everyone else at the finals though eh.

There is more to this than meets the eye.

Presumably, based on what I have read so far, the SFF sacked him for talking to Real Madrid behind their backs without their consent and accepting their job offer.

Tricky one to play for the SFF but I imagine there is something else to this story too. More will come out over the next few weeks.

20 games, 14 wins and 6 draws though in his regime with the national side.

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Hierro in charge for WC. What a player he was.

Sounds like he’s got a job as a lavatory attendant. I know Sky and others like it, but can’t we come up with other shorthand than WC for the World Cup. Obviously set up for headlines like ‘flushed with success’, ‘flushed away’ or ‘down the pan’. 

25 minutes ago, Super said:

Hierro in charge for WC. What a player he was.

Indeed. Quite how he ended up at Bolton i'll never know. He's an absolute legend for Real and Spain.

Allardyce had an amazing list of contacts in those days.

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

Indeed. Quite how he ended up at Bolton i'll never know. He's an absolute legend for Real and Spain.

Allardyce had an amazing list of contacts in those days.

To think the likes of Jay-Jay Okocha, Fernando Hierro, Mario Jardel and Ivan Campo played along side... Nicky Hunt.

Archived