IGNORED

USA joint bid gets world cup in 2026

57 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Almost Everyone in the world hates the English!

Just a slight edit of your post @Davefevs. Hope that's ok.

No matter how much these little islands give to the World, be it sanctuary or 'aid' physical or monetary …. our generosity is astounding, for a country suffering decline and ever deeper cutbacks. From both the UK  Government AND the Great British public, yet rarely a 'thankyou' in return, sadly more often than not we get quite the opposite, somehow we still 'owe' the World something... Many hate us, WHY?

(while all the time vastly 'richer' nations than us stand by offering little or nothing to those in need,  concentrating on getting richer and more powerful themselves Yet where's the criticism of those countries?, where's the hate? where's the shaming? )

When it comes to football and FIFA organised competition, will we EVER see the W.C. played on our shores again?, probably not, at least not before, we either get dragged down to official third world status, or alternatively discover the Isle of White is actually a huge solid golden nugget, the needles chalk covered diamonds and we become mega rich again.

Sorry for the rant, but considering how much we have done and continue to do for others, maybe not thankyous but perhaps a little bit of due respect rather than, all to common, disrespect we seem to often receive … Havent they heard the saying, 'don't bite the hand that feeds you' .. Seems not.

1 hour ago, devoncider said:

Off the top of my head:

Glasgow x 3 - ibrox, hampden and celtic park

Edinburgh - murrayfield

London x4 - Wembley, Olympic stadium, emirates and new WHL.

Birmingham - villa park

Manchester - Old Trafford

Liverpool - anfield

Newcastle - SJP

Bristol - AG (maybe pushing it slightly....)

Cardiff x2 - CCS and Principality

Belfast - Windsor park (by far smallest but makes it a truly 'british' bid.

You are very optimistic that Scotland and Ulster will still be with us by then! I suggest a joint bid with Guernsey

Used to think the bid process meant selling a World Cup to FIFA, e.g infrastructure, stadia, fans, culture, what amazing WC we could host etc.

As it turns out, countries are just literally bidding for it.

Surely not right that the home of football has hosted it one time only in '66. The same number of times as that other world renowned footballing nation Qatar??

17 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

You are very optimistic that Scotland and Ulster will still be with us by then! I suggest a joint bid with Guernsey

Didn't even think of that...

Anyway, by 2030 most of the English low lands will be underwater and London will have raised itself on hydraulic legs and moved next door to Amsterdam.

13 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Used to think the bid process meant selling a World Cup to FIFA, e.g infrastructure, stadia, fans, culture, what amazing WC we could host etc.

As it turns out, countries are just literally bidding for it.

Surely not right that the home of football has hosted it one time only in '66. The same number of times as that other world renowned footballing nation Qatar??

Also, when held in 1966 it was a much smaller tournament in the days of black and white TV and where the majority of the world's population didn't have access to a TV. It was a different age. Plus I was only a toddler so have no memory of it, whereas I recall from 1970 onwards.

What a pisstake.

So the Mexicans have had it 3 ******* times since we've last had it? Even America have had it twice as well.

Am I going to die before I ever see a World Cup in this country?

11 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

What a pisstake.

So the Mexicans have had it 3 ******* times since we've last had it? Even America have had it twice as well.

Am I going to die before I ever see a World Cup in this country?

Can't see it ZiderEyed, we might get to host the Euros again in twenty years , if Platini's nothing to do with it. 

3 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

4000 miles between hosts, oh jeez. Also, do all 3 teams automatically qualify for the World cup?

Per this article, seems so.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/13/three-hosts-48-teams-how-the-2026-world-cup-will-work-united

3-team groups in the 1st round sounds like a shitshow in the making.

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, and I might be wrong, I’m sure Mexico weren’t supposed to host in 1986. I think Colombia were and then an earthquake meant their infrastructure was screwed and the Mexicans stepped in as a nearby nation who could cover.

Sure someone older than me can confirm or deny!

There was a surcharge on the Mexico 86 tickets to help pay for repairs to Mexico's infrastructure following their earthquake.

8 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Per this article, seems so.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/13/three-hosts-48-teams-how-the-2026-world-cup-will-work-united

3-team groups in the 1st round sounds like a shitshow in the making.

Agree with what some are saying, 3 team groups will be shit because a teams first fixture will be against a team who have already played, 1 team will know they perhaps just need a draw to progress etc.

5 hours ago, devoncider said:

Off the top of my head:

Glasgow x 3 - ibrox, hampden and celtic park

Edinburgh - murrayfield

London x4 - Wembley, Olympic stadium, emirates and new WHL.

Birmingham - villa park

Manchester - Old Trafford

Liverpool - anfield

Newcastle - SJP

Bristol - AG (maybe pushing it slightly....)

Cardiff x2 - CCS and Principality

Belfast - Windsor park (by far smallest but makes it a truly 'british' bid.

Stadiums I believe have to have at least 40,000 capacity!

7 hours ago, handsofclay said:

So, since England staged it in 1966, Mexico have staged it twice, Germany twice and now USA will, by 2026 have staged it twice. What, apart from losing the trophy and being reliant upon a dog called Pickles to get us out of one, and our team not following the usual script and winning the thing, did we do wrong to not be seriously considered to stage the tournament since then?

To be fair, we didn't bid for this.

and given a choice between North America and Morocco,  for once Fifa did the logical thing.

I believe the FA are considering 2030 for their next bid. 

5 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The British have blood on their hands in many countries around the globe due to previous misdemeanours, not really a surprise we are not that popular 

5 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

And Russia haven't? 

And the US haven’t?? 

Archived