IGNORED

Imagine

JasonM88

England has won the 2018 WC, stadium at Ashton Vale had been built and we were on the eve of the World Cup opening game. The country was in nation wide excitement, and the World Cup was potentially on our front door. 

Imagine. 

God I hate FIFA. 

As much as I agree that it would be great to see a World Cup in England (Euro 96 was fantastic), I’m honestly glad that Ashton Vale didn’t materialise.

Before I get completely shot down for that, my reason is that over the years of following England away, I’ve met loads of fans of clubs who’ve moved stadium, and not a single one of them prefers their new ground over their old one (and once the move is made, it’s impossible to go back). For me, a redeveloped Ashton Gate was far preferable to a new site. 

4 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

England has won the 2018 WC, stadium at Ashton Vale had been built and we were on the eve of the World Cup opening game. The country was in nation wide excitement, and the World Cup was potentially on our front door. 

Imagine. 

God I hate FIFA. 

If we had already won the World Cup why would we be awaiting the opening game, and why has someone left the trophy lying on my porch?

Less confusing to imagine there's no hell below us and above us only sky.

6 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Imagine. 

God I hate FIFA. 

Euro 96, in England, was fantastic. I quite like the format of Euro 2020 and am looking forward to that. 

I’m glad we’ve stayed at Ashton Gate and the prospect of AV hosting Costa Rica V Slovakia (or the like) doesn’t fill me with too much regret at missing out on it..! 

13 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

If we had already won the World Cup why would we be awaiting the opening game, and why has someone left the trophy lying on my porch?

Less confusing to imagine there's no hell below us and above us only sky.

Don’t know if it’s sarcasm but he means won the bid to host it 

I'm imagining Japan vs Senegal being temporarily suspended by FIFA while one local dog walker exercises their birth right to give it five minutes nosing about on the Ashton Vale pitch prior to depositing a fresh load right in front of Shinji Okazaki. 

#ForTheLoveOfTheGame

Archived