IGNORED

Best of luck to any city fans traveling out to Russia

sticks 1969

It would be great if any city fans going out could keep us updated home here on how things Really are...

i know a couple of lads from Weston-super-Mare going out and sure there are others

going out myself but not to the knockout stages so any info or tips would be much appreciated 

stay safe have a good time and COME ON ENGLAND...

After the experience of two years ago , I was put off travelling to Russia add in the political situation and certainly not a place I would like to visit right now.

I do actually England fans will be generally safe. I suspect there will be an element of trouble with other Eastern European fans and the Russians.

Flying to Moscow tomorrow morning, and then onward to Volgograd on Saturday morning.

3 days in Volgograd, then a few days in Moscow, then on to Nizhny Novgorod and Kaliningrad for games 2 and 3. 

As for the knockout stages - as always, I live in hope...and hopefully after Kaliningrad I’ll be on the way to Rostov-on-Don or Moscow for the last 16, instead of flying home.

Genuinely looking forward to it. 

5 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

I will be watching and listening AND RECORDING anything from Russian  

Dear Mr Dark Side *

Thankyou for your recent application.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer you a position in the 'Double 'O' secret agent dept' of the organisation (as you called it).

I'm sure you are aware (from the series of OO7 movies that you have watched) that discretion and anonymity of operatives are fundamental and are of prime importance to us... The above post on the OTIB social media site leads us to suspect that this aspect of the role you are seeking may prove problematic for you.

Therefore, on this occasion, it is with regret I have to inform you that you have failed to pass our strict agent vetting process and your application is rejected.

(please keep the sunglasses, hair dye, false moustache, invisible ink and other items we sent you in the agent starter pack.. With our compliments.)

Regards 'M'

MI6 London.

* PS ( re:  your prospective agent code name ..' Mr Dark Side ' … loved it btw, shame it didn't work out. Enjoy the footy!)  

48 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Flying to Moscow tomorrow morning, and then onward to Volgograd on Saturday morning.

3 days in Volgograd, then a few days in Moscow, then on to Nizhny Novgorod and Kaliningrad for games 2 and 3. 

As for the knockout stages - as always, I live in hope...and hopefully after Kaliningrad I’ll be on the way to Rostov-on-Don or Moscow for the last 16, instead of flying home.

Similar to me: arrive Volgograd Sunday. Travel on to Nizhny Tuesday for a few days. Then have a couple of days in Kaliningrad. 

Have conditional tickets through to the final, but not bothering to stay for the 2nd round or our exit in the quarters.

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Agreed, let us know how you get on with Sergei the 6' 4" CSKA Moscow utlra and how many tables you get put through.

Watched that documentary that Frankie Boyle did and they were looking for an Ultra or 2 to interview. They were told they wouldn't find one because the FSB  had been to the houses of the top dogs and told them that during the build up and the world cup they should "leave the country or not leave their houses for any reason". They might be nutters, but I don't think they will go up against the FSB.

1 hour ago, North London Red said:

Safe Journey NLR.

5 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

I would have loved to have gone to Russia,so for any City fans or football fans in General.

I will be watching and listening AND RECORDING anything from Russia

So if you manage to get on BBC or ITV or radio five or talksport let I know

I was on ITV WestCountry yesterday :shutup:

Same itinerary as North London Red. Flying to volvograd Saturday then onto the other group games and knockout stages. Assuming quarter final is limit of our expectations, but staying out there until we get knocked out. Only then will I think about booking a return flight !!!

24 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Watched that documentary that Frankie Boyle did and they were looking for an Ultra or 2 to interview. They were told they wouldn't find one because the FSB  had been to the houses of the top dogs and told them that during the build up and the world cup they should "leave the country or not leave their houses for any reason". They might be nutters, but I don't think they will go up against the FSB.

Interesting, after Putins stance during the debacle in France I expected it to be somewhat encouraged.

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Interesting, after Putins stance during the debacle in France I expected it to be somewhat encouraged.

He's smarter than that. Won't want it kicking off on Russian soil as it'll reflect badly on the country and his leadership, but more than happy to instigate things abroad 'covertly'. 

That said, Poland's first game is in Moscow which could be tasty!

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He's smarter than that. Won't want it kicking off on Russian soil as it'll reflect badly on the country and his leadership, but more than happy to instigate things abroad 'covertly'. 

That said, Poland's first game is in Moscow which could be tasty!

:fingerscrossed:

Looking forward to the American WC again now...

4 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Agreed, let us know how you get on with Sergei the 6' 4" CSKA Moscow utlra and how many tables you get put through.

Not forgetting Sergei's 6' 7" sister Viktoriya who will Nurse Gladys you too death with her big bouncy (slightly hairy) honkers.

7 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

It would be great if any city fans going out could keep us updated home here on how things Really are...

i know a couple of lads from Weston-super-Mare going out and sure there are others

going out myself but not to the knockout stages so any info or tips would be much appreciated 

stay safe have a good time and COME ON ENGLAND...

Some of the CSF boys who watched England out there before report If you get a call at 7.30 am in your hotel it may not be room service it will be Spartak Moscow on the phone asking if you want a fight after breakfast. Go steady they are absolute units!!!

1 hour ago, taxidog said:

Same itinerary as North London Red. Flying to volvograd Saturday then onto the other group games and knockout stages. Assuming quarter final is limit of our expectations, but staying out there until we get knocked out. Only then will I think about booking a return flight !!!

2 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Similar to me: arrive Volgograd Sunday. Travel on to Nizhny Tuesday for a few days. Then have a couple of days in Kaliningrad. 

Have conditional tickets through to the final, but not bothering to stay for the 2nd round or our exit in the quarters.

There was a post yesterday on the England fans’ forum from one of the first England fans to arrive in Volgograd, who said it seems a decent and interesting city, and that the weather is excellent. The forecast says it’ll be 33C there tomorrow, and a couple of degrees lower over the weekend. 

I don’t know anyone who’s been to Volgograd before (including a couple of Russian work colleagues, and a couple of diehard Man Utd fans who go to loads of their games - Man Utd lost to Rotor Volgograd in the UEFA Cup in 1995 - but none of the above have been there). There aren’t exactly loads of options to get there either - take your choice between an expensive flight from Moscow, or a 22 hour train ride from Moscow - very limited flights there from other cities, and no realistic option of flying to another nearby city and travelling there overland, unless you fancy an eternity on the train.

I’m interested to see what it’s like. 

11 minutes ago, North London Red said:

There was a post yesterday on the England fans’ forum from one of the first England fans to arrive in Volgograd, who said it seems a decent and interesting city, and that the weather is excellent. The forecast says it’ll be 33C there tomorrow, and a couple of degrees lower over the weekend. 

I don’t know anyone who’s been to Volgograd before (including a couple of Russian work colleagues, and a couple of diehard Man Utd fans who go to loads of their games - Man Utd lost to Rotor Volgograd in the UEFA Cup in 1995 - but none of the above have been there). There aren’t exactly loads of options to get there either - take your choice between an expensive flight from Moscow, or a 22 hour train ride from Moscow - very limited flights there from other cities, and no realistic option of flying to another nearby city and travelling there overland, unless you fancy an eternity on the train.

I fly Cayman-Miami-London-Dublin-Moscow-Volgograd: probably a longer slog to reach the city than the German Sixth Army faced.

14 minutes ago, North London Red said:

1 minute ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I fly Cayman-Miami-London-Dublin-Moscow-Volgograd: probably a longer slog to reach the city than the German Sixth Army faced.

Good Luck Fellas. I'll be following from IL, have a great time and fingers crossed for something to shout about!

18 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I salute you! That’s an excellent effort. You’ll probably be knackered by the time you get to Volgograd!

World cups see England fans travelling from all corners of the globe. 4 years ago, on a Miami to Manaus flight, the chap next to me was going to be meeting up in Manaus with his brother who was flying to Brazil from New Zealand (ahead of England v Italy); I also remember speaking to another England fan who’d travelled from Hawaii. This time around, Cayman to Volgograd would be a strong contender for ‘most arduous journey’!

38 minutes ago, North London Red said:

I salute you! That’s an excellent effort. You’ll probably be knackered by the time you get to Volgograd!

World cups see England fans travelling from all corners of the globe. 4 years ago, on a Miami to Manaus flight, the chap next to me was going to be meeting up in Manaus with his brother who was flying to Brazil from New Zealand (ahead of England v Italy); I also remember speaking to another England fan who’d travelled from Hawaii. This time around, Cayman to Volgograd would be a strong contender for ‘most arduous journey’!

To be fair, I have a night in Dublin to break it up, but heading to see Liam Gallagher in concert, so doubt it will be restful.

5 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

To be fair, I have a night in Dublin to break it up, but heading to see Liam Gallagher in concert, so doubt it will be restful.

If this is what you do for your hols I'd love to see your bucket list!!! 

As much as I hate the world cup being in Russia then Qatar,  hope you have an absolutely fantastic time.

Archived