IGNORED

Best of luck to any city fans traveling out to Russia

sticks 1969

53 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Nizhny is presently overrun with Argentinian and Croatian fans: main pedestrian area near our apartment (and the fan fest) is rammed. Sadly not a sniff of anyone with a spare to sell: fancied getting into the game if possible. And still not a sniff of trouble.

@North London Red where in Nizhny are you staying?

I fly to Nizhny on Saturday afternoon (currently in Moscow, staying in a huge hotel where there are fans of most or even all of the 32 teams staying). My accommodation for Nizhny is in Bor, which is a town on the other side of the Volga - apparently you can get a cable car across the Volga, between the two towns. 

I then fly to Kaliningrad via Moscow on Tuesday, and am staying in a resort on the Baltic coast for a few days. 

2 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Any city fans still out in Russia’s? 

Any heading out next Wednesday?

@North London Red is still out there flying the flag. I am travelling back out on Monday: all being well, arrive early hours of Wednesday morning. Might actually manage to meet up with NLR this time.

That’s great news guys I fly out early hours of weds with me mate from Leeds and fly back 24 hrs later . The wife said if they win just stay out there but might head back and grab her then get back out there , but one step at a time! I might pm nlr my mb no but if there is any chance of a meetup .ps diddydonkey do you live in Weston?

6 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

That’s great news guys I fly out early hours of weds with me mate from Leeds and fly back 24 hrs later . The wife said if they win just stay out there but might head back and grab her then get back out there , but one step at a time! I might pm nlr my mb no but if there is any chance of a meetup .ps diddydonkey do you live in Weston?

Safe trip mate

Have a great time

Give em a City Roar from me

:trumpet: :englandflag: :clapping:

On 07/07/2018 at 21:22, sticks 1969 said:

Any city fans still out in Russia’s? 

Any heading out next Wednesday?

Was in Kaliningrad, went home and flew out to Samara on Friday. 

Samara is a lovely city, as indeed was Kaliningrad.

The people have been the friendliest, welcoming and helpful you could imagine. 

Flying to Moscow on Tuesday for the Semi and Final, know of quite a few other City fans coming over.

I was in Samara and it was glorious. Russia during this world cup is a curious mix. Intensely authoritarian - immigration checked every page of my passport 3 times with a sort magnifying glass, our bus stopped by police miles from stadium for security checks, and photo ID scanned to get into ground etc. But you can drink at your seat- I carried 8 pints of Bud at half time (not all for me) and no one batted an eyelid. Ordinary people invariably lovely, regardless of age. Anyone with a uniform invariably humourless and a bit sinister-but stand offish, unlike the psycho police in Marsaiilles. Extraordinary investment- think new stadium linked to new airport by 35km of new motorway. England fans small in number - can't get entry clearance unless you have a ticket- but magnificent. Literally sang for 90 mins. Other City fans visible- loved seeing them at a distance and all credit to those out for all 4 weeks.

Reporting on the news this morning  that package flights can be got for around £700, whilst direct to Russia seems to be about £2000. Hotels around £150 per night for two and match tickets are available for about £220 upwards. 

Speaking to people on the radio just now and many are many have just booked flights to Frankfurt or Hannover and travelling from there, not doing hotels just travelling, going to game and travelling back a similar way.

3 hours ago, kelbcfc said:

Booked yesterday £600 via munich. Going for the week. Cheap hotel £35 a night semi final ticket £220

2 hours ago, Diddlydonkey said:

£470 via Prague. Dossing at a Russian stewards house I met out there a couple of weeks back.

How have you sorted visas at such short notice out of interest?

3 hours ago, kelbcfc said:

Booked yesterday £600 via munich. Going for the week. Cheap hotel £35 a night semi final ticket £220

How'd you get tickets mate? Keep getting absolutely no joy through the FIFA ticket site!  It's driving me crazy! 

19 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Think I read that visas aren't necessary if fans have a fan id and ticket. I think...

And the fan id acts as a visa during the WC.

Yeah, but I seem to be seeing people on twitter heading out to the tournament with arrangements made to buy tickets off touts. Not sure how they're getting into the country in the first place. Can you just apply for a fan i.d online?

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah, but I seem to be seeing people on twitter heading out to the tournament with arrangements made to buy tickets off touts. Not sure how they're getting into the country in the first place. Can you just apply for a fan i.d online?

Came out a few days ago you could use a number from any ticket to sort your entry... regardless of what game it was for or if it was used, was on guardian website, basically said it was a massive loophole that’s just been sussed, basically making it a piece of piss to get to Russia 

8 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Came out a few days ago you could use a number from any ticket to sort your entry... regardless of what game it was for or if it was used, was on guardian website, basically said it was a massive loophole that’s just been sussed, basically making it a piece of piss to get to Russia 

Thanks, just off to Heathrow...

17 hours ago, Tomarse said:

I'd imagine plenty of spares for the semi final now Russia are out. 

Probably will be in Moscow but not on FIFA website. I've got tickets, as have most of the rest of my family, for all England games, but spent most of yesterday trying to get one for my eldest son who's meeting us in Moscow today. Ended up going to FIFA ticketing office in Samara last night about an hour before it closed to collect our tickets and try for one more - there were about a dozen England fans there who had queued all day to no avail apart from one who had apparently got a ticket when it was released.

Think there will be lots of Russians who have collected their tickets and will be at the stadium selling, we will see...

10 hours ago, Spoons said:

I had tickets in my basket on the FIFA website then went to pay for them and they disappeared !!

570 USD for two tickets. Not bad. 

I'm going to keep trying.

Yes we had a Cat 2 for my son and 3 other City fans who we will meet in Moscow but same happened. I have a theory it was because we tried to pay by MasterCard - Visa are the official sponsors and for example they will only accept Visa at the stadiums, no other card. So the cynicism in me says that although in theory you can pay by MasterCard, there is an unofficial policy of not accepting it.

Would be interested to know how you tried to pay for yours.

3 hours ago, NickJ said:

Probably will be in Moscow but not on FIFA website. I've got tickets, as have most of the rest of my family, for all England games, but spent most of yesterday trying to get one for my eldest son who's meeting us in Moscow today. Ended up going to FIFA ticketing office in Samara last night about an hour before it closed to collect our tickets and try for one more - there were about a dozen England fans there who had queued all day to no avail apart from one who had apparently got a ticket when it was released.

Think there will be lots of Russians who have collected their tickets and will be at the stadium selling, we will see...

Yes we had a Cat 2 for my son and 3 other City fans who we will meet in Moscow but same happened. I have a theory it was because we tried to pay by MasterCard - Visa are the official sponsors and for example they will only accept Visa at the stadiums, no other card. So the cynicism in me says that although in theory you can pay by MasterCard, there is an unofficial policy of not accepting it.

Would be interested to know how you tried to pay for yours.

I tried to pay by visa debit card. A normal NatWest account card. To say I was gutted was a under statement.

I had found s flight and hotel for £780 and sorted my fan ID. 

If we Wednesday night im coming out anyway. I've decided that. I've been told tickets will go back on sale on FIFA site for finsl, if not will try the black market as I've been told your fan ID doesn't need to match the name on the ticket. Bit risky but hey this is the world cup.

Archived