IGNORED

Best of luck to any city fans traveling out to Russia

sticks 1969

59 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I tried to pay by visa debit card. A normal NatWest account card. To say I was gutted was a under statement.

I had found s flight and hotel for £780 and sorted my fan ID. 

If we Wednesday night im coming out anyway. I've decided that. I've been told tickets will go back on sale on FIFA site for finsl, if not will try the black market as I've been told your fan ID doesn't need to match the name on the ticket. Bit risky but hey this is the world cup.

Spoons me and a mate are also talking about going if we are in the final. That said we haven’t currently got any fans id or tickets. Do you think we are in an impossible place or can it be done?

It’s my third stay in Moscow on this trip and this time it feels a bit strange, because the fans from 27 of the other teams have already gone home. I’m in the same hotel as before, and the first time I was here I reckon there were fans of all 32 teams staying - and anyone who went to Red Square or the fan fest during the first two weeks of the tournament will have bumped into fans from all over the world. 

This time it feels very different - the hotel is much quieter and the presence of other fans seems much less obvious. Still being here this late in a tournament is certainly a bit of a novelty. 

3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Spoons me and a mate are also talking about going if we are in the final. That said we haven’t currently got any fans id or tickets. Do you think we are in an impossible place or can it be done?

It can be done!! Deep pockets but it can be done!!

What are the chances of getting a ticket for the final?? I would love to get there if we make it as doubt there will be another time in my lifetime we will be there again, and to witness it would be something very special. I am assuming the prices will again go right up (flights/hotels) if we do make it though.

4 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

If you have any intention of heading out, certainly sort the Fan ID anyway: there is no cost involved, and you'll definitely need one.

As to the tickets: there will always be some available, just might be at prices that make your eyes water.

9 hours ago, NickJ said:

Probably will be in Moscow but not on FIFA website. I've got tickets, as have most of the rest of my family, for all England games, but spent most of yesterday trying to get one for my eldest son who's meeting us in Moscow today. Ended up going to FIFA ticketing office in Samara last night about an hour before it closed to collect our tickets and try for one more - there were about a dozen England fans there who had queued all day to no avail apart from one who had apparently got a ticket when it was released.

Think there will be lots of Russians who have collected their tickets and will be at the stadium selling, we will see...

Yes we had a Cat 2 for my son and 3 other City fans who we will meet in Moscow but same happened. I have a theory it was because we tried to pay by MasterCard - Visa are the official sponsors and for example they will only accept Visa at the stadiums, no other card. So the cynicism in me says that although in theory you can pay by MasterCard, there is an unofficial policy of not accepting it.

Would be interested to know how you tried to pay for yours.

My tickets were purchased off the FIFA site using a MasterCard, so not sure that theory holds. That daid, I know in the grounds they only accept Visa (and think it was the same in the Fan Fest bar too).

34 minutes ago, wood_red said:

What are the chances of getting a ticket for the final?? I would love to get there if we make it as doubt there will be another time in my lifetime we will be there again, and to witness it would be something very special. I am assuming the prices will again go right up (flights/hotels) if we do make it though.

Prices are set for official tickets on fifa website.

Flights will go up over night if England get to final.  I've found basic hotels at £35 a night in Moscow.  

53 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

If you have any intention of heading out, certainly sort the Fan ID anyway: there is no cost involved, and you'll definitely need one.

As to the tickets: there will always be some available, just might be at prices that make your eyes water.

I read you cannot get the fan ID until you get a ticket though, but also read people are purchasing tickets for previous games that never sold just to get the fan ID

8 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I read you cannot get the fan ID until you get a ticket though, but also read people are purchasing tickets for previous games that never sold just to get the fan ID

According to the Football Supporters Association Head you can use any ticket ref - even if somebody else has used it or for any game that’s to be played or has been played

:thumbsup:

A loophole in the system

Right without sounding like a right thicko here (won't be the first) .... I am assuming you can apply for the fan ID as above by just finding a used ticket number etc, submit the application and you have some sort of confirmation which you can print off/show with your passport when you get to Russia instead of the Visa? I am only asking because what I read is you have to pick your fan ID up from a post office in Russia.

The main fan ID document doesn't seem like it is worded clearly to me!

13 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Right without sounding like a right thicko here (won't be the first) .... I am assuming you can apply for the fan ID as above by just finding a used ticket number etc, submit the application and you have some sort of confirmation which you can print off/show with your passport when you get to Russia instead of the Visa? I am only asking because what I read is you have to pick your fan ID up from a post office in Russia.

I’d get confirmation from somebody who’s done it / out there / been there

But that’s how it’s being reported Wood

You print off the PDF for entry and get your actual Fan ID in Russia

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d get confirmation from somebody who’s done it / out there / been there

But that’s how it’s being reported Wood

You print off the PDF for entry and get your actual Fan ID in Russia

Thanks for the reply, that makes sense but it just doesn't seem 100% clear on the official fan ID site.  Flights and accommodation seems reasonable at the moment, not sure if match tickets will be though!!

Just now, wood_red said:

Thanks for the reply, that makes sense but it just doesn't seem 100% clear on the official fan ID site.  Flights and accommodation seems reasonable at the moment, not sure if match tickets will be though!!

Think you may be talking 4 figures at least from experience 

The Cat a Face value tickets for semi are over £500

Hate to think what the final ones are 

From experience - if you have such luck that can find a Cat 3 or 4 Ticket you need to do the lottery when you get home

My main hope would be to tempt a Russian who’s got a ticket and is tempted by double or treble face value , but it will be a tiring and demoralising search

Trawling for tickets is What finished me off with tournaments tbh

It will be fun to be in Moscow anyway I guess ;)

Good Luck If you decide to go for it

Health for the travel is the thing that’s stopped me but , from experience if you go I’m sure you won’t ever regret it or any money you spend

21 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Correct re Fan ID (I have heard the requirement of a ticket reference has been ditched, but I am not 100%). 

Once approved you can print off the PDF for entry into Russia in lieu of a visa.

There are Fan ID processing centres in all host cities and at the grounds too. You will need to get the laminated version issued there: both the ID and the ticket are scanned getting into the ground. The name on the ticket does not need to match the ID.

One caution would be buying any Cat 4 tickets off a local: these were sold only to Russians, and I suspect there is some additional ID check on using them.

BTW, if anyone is searching for a ticket for tomorrow, there is a fb group that has been used to trade face value tickets during the tournament:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/442856232554681/?fref=nf

There are a few postings from the last few hours from people looking to shift England Croatia tickets.

Saw a link ,now I've never heard of the company before , private jet to Moscow and Cat 3 ticket for £2,700. 
Oh to be shopping in that market :noexp:

Just did a search for the and this posed up...... See below

Now TBF they may be a fine upstanding company, and I've no reason to doubt them but, looking for their website a link to company house came up. Seems they have been trading for a whole month...... it'll be fine :cool2:

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 16.31.29.png

Archived