IGNORED

Barry Fry - What a comedian.

Major Isewater

Hiking Marriott to everyone.

Is anyone stupid enough to believe what he says ? 

Forest are ' interested ' but haven't made a bid .

Who are Forest's biggest rivals ?

That's right Derby who have entered the race to sign him because Harry Redknapp told Frank  Lampard to ' keep an eye on Posh because they produce good attackers " .

So Forest do you want your biggest rivals to win the battle for his signature? 

Not to mention interest in Scotland. No not Aberdeen or Hibs but arch rivals Rangers and Celtic.

This Synt really winds me up with his barrow boy tactics . I can just picture him in Only Fools and Horses flogging glow in the dark sundials or similar.

I am , however , very happy that we seem to have a made a sensible bid which Mr Fry considers too low .

Good .

I don't like MacAnthony , Fry , their manager or their horrible club and above all I would hate to line their pockets.

Please can we look elsewhere for better value for money ? 

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Hiking Marriott to everyone.

Is anyone stupid enough to believe what he says ? 

Forest are ' interested ' but haven't made a bid .

Who are Forest's biggest rivals ?

That's right Derby who have entered the race to sign him because Harry Redknapp told Frank  Lampard to ' keep an eye on Posh because they produce good attackers " .

So Forest do you want your biggest rivals to win the battle for his signature? 

Not to mention interest in Scotland. No not Aberdeen or Hibs but arch rivals Rangers and Celtic.

This Synt really winds me up with his barrow boy tactics . I can just picture him in Only Fools and Horses flogging glow in the dark sundials or similar.

I am , however , very happy that we seem to have a made a sensible bid which Mr Fry considers too low .

Good .

I don't like MacAnthony , Fry , their manager or their horrible club and above all I would hate to line their pockets.

Please can we look elsewhere for better value for money ? 

Are you saying that Rovers have bid for him..?!

Why does he bother. Any club that gets reeled in by his jibberish would need to look at itself. I know they get good money for players but that’s is down to scouting. If fry is involved in that fair play but this sort of tacky used car salesmen’s speak is just cringeworthy. People in the game will know what he is about and won’t let it alter the price limits.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly, like him or not he’s effective at his job. Peterborough have always made lots of money on outgoing players.

peterborough are the lower league version of West Ham, do all their business in public and have delusions of grandeur 

Barry Fry does an excellent job, he may not be your cup of tea but he gets fantastic deals for Peterborough. MA could learn a lot from his approach. Fry is very transfer savy.

I like how open their owner/chairman is on Twitter, answers all fans tweets honestly and will say if they are in for a player or not and if someone is for sale or not. He also doesn’t take fools gladly. It’s auite refreshing I think. 

26 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

Barry Fry does an excellent job, he may not be your cup of tea but he gets fantastic deals for Peterborough. MA could learn a lot from his approach. Fry is very transfer savy.

I like how open their owner/chairman is on Twitter, answers all fans tweets honestly and will say if they are in for a player or not and if someone is for sale or not. He also doesn’t take fools gladly. It’s auite refreshing I think. 

Sounds a lot like our approach with Bobby Reid. And they handled the Kodjia sale OK.

At least Barry Fry has something to say. He provides good publicity for Peterborough unlike Jon Lansdown and Mark Ashton. The former never says anything and the latter just talks in corporate technobabble that has a lot of words but little meaning 

15 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

At least Barry Fry has something to say. He provides good publicity for Peterborough unlike Jon Lansdown and Mark Ashton. The former never says anything and the latter just talks in corporate technobabble that has a lot of words but little meaning 

personally I prefer that things are done behind closed doors, Look at the criticism west ham get 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly, like him or not he’s effective at his job. Peterborough have always made lots of money on outgoing players.

Barry Fry has always made a lot of money on outgoing players.

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I don't agree Pongo old love , he makes Peterborough look like an old whore with him as the pimp .

Where's the dignity ? The professionalism ? 

2 hours ago, 123red1 said:

If you've ever worked for MacAnthony you would know what a lovely bloke he really is .

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, it's not for the well-being of he club.............otherwise they would be in the Championship, with all the cash made !

Exactly. Where does it go. The Gas were similar a few years ago, always had a player to sell for big money year after year. Where’s that got them, Peterborough are similar.

As someone who in the distant past worked in the same industry as Macanthony Realty International I can honestly say they were the most aggressive, scheming bunch of bullshitters I have ever come across. They were even banned by the organisers of most overseas property exhibitions due to their dodgy practices. 

There was an excellent exposé by the Sunday Times about them back in 2005/6 too but as the Times is now behind a paywall I can't find the article but I have found a copy of it posted to a forum.

http://www.easterncyprus.com/archive/intresting-reading-for-buyers-3864.htm

Archived