IGNORED

New Badge - The Robin is Back...or is it? Post #292 onwards!

Bar BS3

Maybe I'm showing my age (under 25) - but I much prefer the current "new" one we have?

Personally think the robin/bridge/football is fine for Section 82 and supporters culture but as our official badge is tinpot?

Appreciate this is like marmite and is Bristol City's very own Brexit debate!

9 minutes ago, devoncider said:

Maybe I'm showing my age (under 25) - but I much prefer the current "new" one we have?

Personally think the robin/bridge/football is fine for Section 82 and supporters culture but as our official badge is tinpot?

And just like Brexit, the older generation have ruined everything for the rest of us...

:robbored:

13 minutes ago, devoncider said:

This isn't marmite.... you're just wrong! ;)

I am so happy right now.  :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Retro kits are very much in fashion right now so it’s a great move from the club. 

Cant wait to see my girlfriends face when I tell her I need to shell out for everything again with the new (old) badge on. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s possible to do both you realise

No, no, no....obviously LJ, Holden and Macca are designing kits instead of training the boys.  Ashton has his crayola out when he should be negotiating deals..  Don't you know anything?!?

Just now, Steve Watts said:

No, no, no....obviously LJ, Holden and Macca are designing kits instead of training the boys.  Ashton has his crayola out when he should be negotiating deals..  Don't you know anything?!?

If anyone is using Crayola at AG it's definitely LJ! 

Drawing up formations that Gary puts on his fridge

9 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Twas **** then, remains **** now.

They should focus on the squad, not what they wear.

On a psychological level focus should be put on what you wear. What is says, how it affects people. It can make a % to how you feel. 

At this point I do not know if the Robin is back in significant use, it may not be your history, but a Robin adorns the Three Lions pub as  a memorial to fans , one deceased fan proactively attempted to pursuade the club to use the Robin again, and its is the emblem of fans youth, or some of us.

It was never shit then or now.

I first went to watch City as a young boy in 1976 when the robin badge was first introduced, it was on our kit during the most successful time in the clubs history.

I actually feel pretty emotional seeing back!!

Lets hope it can bring us the same fortunes as the it did back then.

6 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Trademarked as well - would suggest the club see it as a brand for the club. I don't think they could do that with the current coat of arms?

https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/Results/1/UK00003284976 

If you click on names and addresss it takes you to other trademarks held

https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmowner/page/search?id=336069&domain=1&app=0&mark=UK00003284976

The coat of arms is here. We do seem to change the colour of this, all white on the purple shirts, has a red band instead of the silver/grey one where the lettering is on the website, stationary and clothing now for example. 

9 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

As the rugby are now called the Bristol Bears, anyone think the club may rename us the Bristol Robins in some sort of Americanising attempt :ph34r:

Hull tried the Hull Tigers thing last season I believe and weren’t allowed by the FA

Archived