IGNORED

New Badge - The Robin is Back...or is it? Post #292 onwards!

Bar BS3

3 minutes ago, Paul Cheesy said:

I first went to watch City as a young boy in 1976 when the robin badge was first introduced, it was on our kit during the most successful time in the clubs history.

I actually feel pretty emotional seeing back!!

Lets hope it can bring us the same fortunes as the it did back then.

It wasn’t the most successful time in our history but it was brill and I too loved that badge and still do....

I'm honestly gutted, I can accept the Robin, albeit unwillingly, but that badge is outdated and awful in design. 

I won't be buying a kit this season or any memorabilia etc I would have much preferred a compromise of a well designed, newer Robin badge. 

Just now, Spike said:

I'm honestly gutted, I can accept the Robin, albeit unwillingly, but that badge is outdated and awful in design. 

I won't be buying a kit this season or any memorabilia etc I would have much preferred a compromise of a well designed, newer Robin badge. 

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a modernised version announced soon. Not ITK, just opinion. 

Just now, JBFC II said:

That's true although I wouldn't put it past the club to try it...

Never say never that is true, but the rugby only did it as they were more or less obliged to do so after the Premiership sponsors who are American I believe wanted to sell it to the US. It seems the US viewers are used to teams with names/brands and all the gimmicks that comes with that. Football is a strong enough brand on its own, named after cities, towns, villages etc on the whole.

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I prefer the coat of arms, but nothing wrong with a change, especially to something that has place in our history already. 

Seems strange and kind of wrong that neither the football club or the rugby club have this in some form now. 

Rememberhow the kit was revealed once, bit by bit, little teasers every day. Are we all jumping to the conclusion that this will be the main badge for our club. I bet it appears in a less prominent position on the shirt somewhere.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

I like it. I like that it is more distinctive. However, I would have taken the opportunity to modernise it just a little bit. Not sure how, but I might have just made a few tweaks.

Exactly this. I'm not against a "re-brand" per se, but it needs to be modernised not just a copy and paste job from something that looked alright in the 1970s.

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I like it. I like that it is more distinctive. However, I would have taken the opportunity to modernise it just a little bit. Not sure how, but I might have just made a few tweaks.

3 minutes ago, devoncider said:

Exactly this. I'm not against a "re-brand" per se, but it needs to be modernised not just a copy and paste job from something that looked alright in the 1970s.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m not saying I don’t like it, but I’m very surprised it’s not a modern update along the lines of Brentford’s new badge. There’s a fine line between retro-cool and just plain old dated. Not entirely sure which side this falls yet.

I think we’re all saying similar things here.

How on earth anyone can even like the BRISTOL CITY COUNCIL badge over the beautiful robin i have no idea. Real fans relate to the robin

ive even signed up on here 10mins ago just to say this is the best news in a very long time . providing its not just on the baby wear range or something!!

• Admin
3 minutes ago, brizzlecityfc said:

How on earth anyone can even like the BRISTOL CITY COUNCIL badge over the beautiful robin i have no idea. Real fans relate to the robin

ive even signed up on here 10mins ago just to say this is the best news in a very long time . providing its not just on the baby wear range or something!!

Agree, it' ssomething unique, the previous badge is so bland and very similar to many others 

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I am really fed up with club’s silly and insulting pr

Either make a proper announcement of kit and badge or keep quiet

There must be kids working at Ashton Gate who find it funny to wind us up

message to them - it isn’t

All will be revealed next week... 

But this is how many things are launched around the world, I'll be the first to be critical of Bristol Sport when they balls up, but they've got this right 

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I am really fed up with club’s silly and insulting pr

Either make a proper announcement of kit and badge or keep quiet

There must be kids working at Ashton Gate who find it funny to wind us up

message to them - it isn’t

It's building hype and interest so they can ultimately peak and climax with a large announcement and sell more kits.

That's the way things are in the 21st century.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

All will be revealed next week... 

But this is how many things are launched around the world, I'll be the first to be critical of Bristol Sport when they balls up, but they've got this right 

Well that remains to be seen - quite literally 

Archived