IGNORED

New Badge - The Robin is Back...or is it? Post #292 onwards!

Bar BS3

6 minutes ago, Bristols finest said:

Think this is another game - the badge has just been placed on, you can tell by the shadowing on the right side that it’s lifting up 

Maybe the trick will be the crest being lifted off to reveal the robin badge! 

3 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

Do they think all these Social Media teasers and that is actually good ? It makes us a bit tin pot for my liking. First the sponsor no one has ever heard of and now all this with the badge and kit.

Every club does it. 

5 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

Do they think all these Social Media teasers and that is actually good ? It makes us a bit tin pot for my liking. First the sponsor no one has ever heard of and now all this with the badge and kit.

I get they want to make a song and dance about It, but a new City shirt is hardly the same as Apple announcing a new phone.

Our market is purely made up of those who will buy a shirt regardless and those who might if the shirt is nice.

Seems a strange way to go about it as I don't know what they hope to achieve, there seems to be more anger than excitement.

Just realised what it obviously going on with all these teasers.

There WILL be a new badge. These examples are all leisure wear.

These strap-lines "The Classic" are all leading up to something else.

"The Future"? Better value off a brand consultant while doing the "Bears".

5 minutes ago, Olé said:

Just realised what it obviously going on with all these teasers.

There WILL be a new badge. These examples are all leisure wear.

These strap-lines "The Classic" are all leading up to something else.

"The Future"? Better value off a brand consultant while doing the "Bears".

Whatever it is, it’s beginning to annoy me. 

Almost as if Jon Lansdown is playing with us. Just announce it, or don’t. 

19 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

It’s sparked a 7 page thread on here, lots of conversation only, so yes it’s working in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

5F07D635-6484-48E5-AD70-D4F7933D6110.jpeg

The interesting thing about this Robin is its under-carriage appears to be ready to sit perfectly on something round and spherical. :whistle:

35 minutes ago, Bristols finest said:

Think this is another game - the badge has just been placed on, you can tell by the shadowing on the right side that it’s lifting up 

The rest of the products for the shop this year have the coat of arms on, so I doubt that the shirts won't feature it.

2 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

This is embarrassing. SL letting his blue eyed boy oversee yet another shambles. Might as well forget the coat of arms and the robin altogether and just put Tinpot on a cheap knock off of a Boro shirt.

no it isn't,

crest on home robin on away everyones happy and if its like the old hirerite shirt even better

25 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

White hoop across red shirt, coat of arms badge.

The robin badge may well be for the training wear or leisure collection.

I I said in an earlier post I am fairly confident the current (old) badge is on the Academy kit and therefore the assumption must be for continuities sake at least it will continue to be on the First team strips.  

The comic sans font has been replaced though.

These badge "teasers" are most likely for leisure wear. 

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no it isn't,

crest on home robin on away everyones happy and if its like the old hirerite shirt even better

I liked the Hirerite strip.

I do think the hoops might be on the sleeves only though (Arsenalalike) this time, just guessing though.

It gets people talking and builds interest , plus it's rare these days for a club to just dump a new kit out and say, yer tis - now buy it.
More people will have talked about it and know about it , simply because of the teasers.
As for the kit, the Wembley 1987 Vs Mansfield was always a fav of mine, add to it that it's hard to come up with new spins on a plain red shirt. 

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Because the majority are so gullible and can't see or refuse to see the manipulation

It's not manipulation, it's marketing. Marketing is something, everyone on here agreed on here, where we needed to up our game. They now have 7 pages and rising of people talking about it, that pretty much says job done, whether we like it or not it worked.

Archived