IGNORED

New Badge - The Robin is Back...or is it? Post #292 onwards!

Bar BS3

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It gets people talking and builds interest , plus it's rare these days for a club to just dump a new kit out and say, yer tis - now buy it.
More people will have talked about it and know about it , simply because of the teasers.
As for the kit, the Wembley 1987 Vs Mansfield was always a fav of mine, add to it that it's hard to come up with new spins on a plain red shirt. 

It's not manipulation, it's marketing. Marketing is something, everyone on here agreed on here, where we needed to up our game. They now have 7 pages and rising of people talking about it, that pretty much says job done, whether we like it or not it worked.

don't bother he is a serial complainer, we could win the fa cup and the league with out losing a game and he'd still moan that we should of done better

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It gets people talking and builds interest , plus it's rare these days for a club to just dump a new kit out and say, yer tis - now buy it.
More people will have talked about it and know about it , simply because of the teasers.
As for the kit, the Wembley 1987 Vs Mansfield was always a fav of mine, add to it that it's hard to come up with new spins on a plain red shirt. 

It's not manipulation, it's marketing. Marketing is something, everyone on here agreed on here, where we needed to up our game. They now have 7 pages and rising of people talking about it, that pretty much says job done, whether we like it or not it worked.

Marketing is manipulation. 

One mans Entrepreneur is another mans Spiv.

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Some proper miserable ******* on here mind. It’s the close season, it’s a bit of fun to get people talking and taking an interest and building a bit of hype. 

The World Cup is on. Have a beer, enjoy the sun and chill out! 

The opinions are fine, like it / loathe it, doesn’t bother me....it’s the sub-plots, the “JL is taking the piss” type posts that annoy me.  But that’s just me, today I’m a snowflake.

39 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

This is embarrassing. SL letting his blue eyed boy oversee yet another shambles. Might as well forget the coat of arms and the robin altogether and just put Tinpot on a cheap knock off of a Boro shirt.

It’s not embarrassing..! Who is it embarrassing..?

It’s very clever and effective marketing. 

13 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Marketing is manipulation. 

One mans Entrepreneur is another mans Spiv.

While I take your point, the pedant in me says otherwise.
Marketing , adverts , billboards and the like can easily be ignored. Manipulation implies a lack of choice 

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The opinions are fine, like it / loathe it, doesn’t bother me....it’s the sub-plots, the “JL is taking the piss” type posts that annoy me.  But that’s just me, today I’m a snowflake.

Agreed. Pathetic. We could sign Ronaldo and someone would pick fault with the way his signing was tweeted or something. 

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

While I take your point, the pedant in me says otherwise.
Marketing , adverts , billboards and the like can easily be ignored. Manipulation implies a lack of choice 

Don’t forget that we’ve all turned into gambling addicts and our children’s souls are doomed thanks to Dunder. 

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agreed. Pathetic. We could sign Ronaldo and someone would pick fault with the way his signing was tweeted or something. 

Don’t forget that we’ve all turned into gambling addicts and our children’s souls are doomed thanks to Dunder. 

I’m on the breadline, having woken up to see Spieth’s us open score.....can’t even cash out! :D

On the basis that Gregor McGregorface said on twitter the away kit is black and white, I now believe we are heading for a home kit with one badge and an away kit with another. I don’t believe they would make a big song and dance about putting the robin on leisurewear. It’s already been on leisurewear in the recent past.

If that is the case, I don’t like it. Personally I think we should have a clear identity in the form of a single badge. Anything else is just confusing. What logo do Sky use when we’re playing away? A different one to when we’re home? Think of any major brand - Apple, for example - and they have one logo that is synonymous with the company.

Just now, Super said:

This teasing rubbish is beyond embarrassing.

Well we are probably going to have another few days of this so I guess the choices are either to stay away from social media and forums or get used to it. It’s how things are done now. Clicks and retweets are worth more to the club than one big ‘Tara Dah’ moment. 

2 minutes ago, Super said:

This teasing rubbish is beyond embarrassing.

Maybe we should start teasing them by sending part pictures of the card or cheque we may or may not use to buy a season ticket or just provide a couple of letters from our name and a couple of numbers from our card etc. Keep them guessing until the last possible moment about how many season tickets they're going to sell.

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If that is the case, I don’t like it. Personally I think we should have a clear identity in the form of a single badge. 

I would agree with that. One or the other IMO, a clear identity one way or the other. 

If it is the case then I’m guessing the away kit will be styled and announced as a ‘retro’ kit, with our official badge (ie on website and sky and all that) remaining as it is now. 

Almost like a suck it and see to see how popular the robin really is. If it’s widely praised then perhaps a full ‘rebrand’ will follow for 19/20?

4 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Maybe we should start teasing them by sending part pictures of the card or cheque we may or may not use to buy a season ticket or just provide a couple of letters from our name and a couple of numbers from our card etc. Keep them guessing until the last possible moment about how many season tickets they're going to sell.

I might only walk down half the steps in the Dolman on 80 minutes and tweet a picture with #AnnounceLeaving as part of my own teaser campaign. 

2 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

JL using BCFC as his personal plaything yet again. A ‘brand’ can’t have two logos. I smell LK in this too. Amateur hour. Perhaps one of the reasons Adam felt compelled to leave?

A 'brand' is not simply a logo/crest. These things exist as a piece of branding. 

Just now, Hartleysbeard said:

An 8 page and rising thread with 11,000+ views, and 360+ replies...I guess it's having the desired effect. 

It is getting a bit tiresome now though.

Just hope the reveal is worth it and it isn't some generic shirt with a nothing to get excited about design.

Archived