IGNORED

New Badge - The Robin is Back...or is it? Post #292 onwards!

Bar BS3

1 minute ago, Hartleysbeard said:

It's called marketing

No it is not. It is dreadful marketing because it annoys many and merely adds to those of us who really don't like or approve of the way BS works - ticket fiasco, January fiasco, Alan Baker's  leaving, JL tweeting, the list goes on and on

it all reeks of an amateur approach.  I don't wish to go back to some illusory golden age, although it must be said that the 1950s with Big John, do have a golden haze about them.  What I wish for is a professional outfit fit for purpose in 2018.  Frankly I am pushed to see it in the day to day running of BS/BCFC, from pr to scouting.

I am fully aware that many on otib see this as negative but some of us see it as positive, in keeping alive the spirit, or in modern jargon the DNA, of Bristol City, which will be here long after all of us, including BS are long gone

COYR

2 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

JL using BCFC as his personal plaything yet again. A ‘brand’ can’t have two logos. I smell LK in this too. Amateur hour. Perhaps one of the reasons Adam felt compelled to leave?

I’ve got my hands on the Zapruder film, the new kit promo was shot somewhere between the Grassy Knoll and the Book Depository. :shocking:

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

No it is not. It is dreadful marketing because it annoys many and merely adds to those of us who really don't like or approve of the way BS works - ticket fiasco, January fiasco, Alan Baker's  leaving, JL tweeting, the list goes on and on

So you’re so outraged by Adam leaving (a situation you know nothing about) that you think he’s called Alan. Amazing :laugh: 

5 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Nobody felt compelled to leave.

and who's calling it a brand anyway, one is our current badge the other is our previous badge, its not as if its a complete rename or badge change is it

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Sod the badges...it looks like we are going to look like bloomin Middlesbrough...white stripe across kit. I absolutely loathe the look of that kit...just plain nasty.

Yes, I totally agree, I don't want to look like a rugby league team!

I like the mock up that Spike did earlier in this spread. Last season's kit will be hard to follow…

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Oh dear 

101E99BF-AAB0-46A3-991A-0CD8AC0333C9.jpeg

WTF is gong on!? 

1 hour ago, Buckeyed said:

I think a horizontal stripe is likely if the leisurewear is an indicator

Dft32T3XUAAOPzv.jpg

Looks like the badge has been placed on a polo shirt to me, in fact it looks like it could have been placed on the bottom of the 2nd image.

51 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

On the basis that Gregor McGregorface said on twitter the away kit is black and white, I now believe we are heading for a home kit with one badge and an away kit with another. I don’t believe they would make a big song and dance about putting the robin on leisurewear. It’s already been on leisurewear in the recent past.

If that is the case, I don’t like it. Personally I think we should have a clear identity in the form of a single badge. Anything else is just confusing. What logo do Sky use when we’re playing away? A different one to when we’re home? Think of any major brand - Apple, for example - and they have one logo that is synonymous with the company.

correct, any brand worth it's salt needs a consistent brand image. Imo, the club will continue with the coat of arms for Sky tv, EFL etc, and the robin will just be for the away shirt.

2 hours ago, 123red1 said:

Do they think all these Social Media teasers and that is actually good ? It makes us a bit tin pot for my liking. First the sponsor no one has ever heard of and now all this with the badge and kit.

So I guess you were already aware of BetBright before Forest announced their new sponsor? Or are they tinpot too? 

Repeat for dozens of other teams...

25 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

This annoys you? Seriously? 

Every team does it.  Relax. 

Not particularly bothered about the kit or badge tbh.

What bothers me, personally, is that it appears to be a plaything for Jon Lansdown. I’m assuming he is behind it, given the overuse of “Announce”. 

Annoy is probably the wrong word, but it’s my problem.

Another teaser reveal for the kit today. Here’s what I know [spoilers! Don’t read on if you’re awaiting the full reveal]: the new away kit is black and white and features the Robin badge. The home kit just has a classic badge. Have heard mixed reviews of the new home kit. Different badges on different kits? Has it been done before?

From Gregor mcwhatshisface 

43 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So you’re so outraged by Adam leaving (a situation you know nothing about) that you think he’s called Alan. Amazing :laugh: 

Sorry, a senior moment.

However, rather typically of otib, you don't engage with the points made. 

Final Suggestion you should read a recent Guardian article which says the problem with modern football fans is that as long as the football is reasonably ok they care nothing for how clubs and leagues, and FIFA are run.  This smacks to me of being linked with the phenomenon of the rise of European populism.  A dangerous road indeed.

3 minutes ago, David Brent said:

What bothers me, personally, is that it appears to be a plaything for Jon Lansdown. I’m assuming he is behind it, given the overuse of “Announce”. 

Is Jon Lansdown is the man responsible for fans of all clubs using "Announce" all over Twitter? Or are the club just merely engaging with a new "trend"?

Seems like some people think JL is more influential on things than Donald Trump right now. 

6 minutes ago, David Brent said:

No, it is my problem too

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Oh dear 

101E99BF-AAB0-46A3-991A-0CD8AC0333C9.jpeg

WTF is gong on!? 

I must admit I do prefer the coat of arms, but an embroidered version not the plastic looking effort here.

Looks like i'm going to have to get the away shirt :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, 123red1 said:

Do they think all these Social Media teasers and that is actually good ? It makes us a bit tin pot for my liking. First the sponsor no one has ever heard of and now all this with the badge and kit.

I'd never heard of Lancer Scott until they started sponsoring the club. The whole point for the sponsor is to get their name out there. It's not some sort of social status for the club.

24 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Another teaser reveal for the kit today. Here’s what I know [spoilers! Don’t read on if you’re awaiting the full reveal]: the new away kit is black and white and features the Robin badge. The home kit just has a classic badge. Have heard mixed reviews of the new home kit. Different badges on different kits? Has it been done before?

From Gregor mcwhatshisface 

I just don’t get how this man pays his bills

#bringbackstockingtops

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

On the basis that Gregor McGregorface said on twitter the away kit is black and white, I now believe we are heading for a home kit with one badge and an away kit with another. I don’t believe they would make a big song and dance about putting the robin on leisurewear. It’s already been on leisurewear in the recent past.

If that is the case, I don’t like it. Personally I think we should have a clear identity in the form of a single badge. Anything else is just confusing. What logo do Sky use when we’re playing away? A different one to when we’re home? Think of any major brand - Apple, for example - and they have one logo that is synonymous with the company.

Roma have frequently used two badges one for the home strip and a alternative for the second kit. I would suggest they have a very very strong identity.

Archived