IGNORED

New Badge - The Robin is Back...or is it? Post #292 onwards!

Bar BS3

22 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m gonna give a new badge a go later based on that one with the tweaks I’m picturing. 

Go for it @BRISTOL86 , look forward to seeing it -  as long as long as one of your tweaks isn't Baldock usurping the Robin. ;)

1 minute ago, Spike said:

See I'm not a fan of the Robin in that badge, it's far too basic, for my liking. I'd much rather they went with a new Robin.

Show us that one then - I reckon the Robin on your previous efforts above is too feminine.

Can you make it a bit less so, without it being overly aggressive?

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

See I'm not a fan of the Robin in that badge, it's far too basic, for my liking. I'd much rather they went with a new Robin.

Agreed. That’s where I was going with it. Same basic design principles (robin on ball with suspension bridge) but modernised, decent font, basically so it doesn’t look like early 90s clip art!

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Only one way to settle it: have a Robin sitting on a castle, with a medieval ship sailing under the Sususpension Bridge in the background. All watched by two unicorns with footballs stuck on their horns.

Job done.

@BRISTOL86 won't like it.

You need to add Baldock walking across the suspension bridge or something.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Show us that one then - I reckon the Robin on your previous efforts above is too feminine.

Can you make it a bit less so, without it being overly aggressive?

The one I made is a male Robin :laugh:, I took an actual image of a Robin chirping and made it into a badge. 

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Be 1489 next!

Or, really looking to the future, 2184?

If @Spike really must have 1984, perhaps George Orwell instead of the Robin?

Or George Orwell and Baldock on the Bridge to keep @BRISTOL86 happy as well?

That would definitely be unique.

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

The one I made is a male Robin :laugh:, I took an actual image of a Robin chirping and made it into a badge. 

Fair enough, It looks a bit yappy to me.

Rather have a slightly sterner, mouth closed Robin.

6 minutes ago, Warwickshire Red said:

Much like Wolves, Forest and Derby, the badges look cleaner without the club name.

Just the bridge, robin and ball will do for me. 

Fans should recognise our badge without us having to spell it out.

Everyone with an active interest in lower league football would recognise our current badge even without the team name on it. 

9 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Just not true IMHO. Actully very indistinct. 

I'd wager that if you put up 10 other teams crests who have a similar type design but with their names removed then a person with an active interest in lower league football would get at least 7-8 right.

In fact I just did this in a little over 90 seconds.

The only one that gave me doubt was Yeovil, initially skipped it but got it right https://www.sporcle.com/games/DJB_1990/english_football_club_logos

23 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'd wager that if you put up 10 other teams crests who have a similar type design but with their names removed then a person with an active interest in lower league football would get at least 7-8 right.

In fact I just did this in a little over 90 seconds.

The only one that gave me doubt was Yeovil, initially skipped it but got it right https://www.sporcle.com/games/DJB_1990/english_football_club_logos

30/30 in 1:41. You'd have to be a little bit special not to get most of those.

4 hours ago, spudski said:

It won't though...and I didn't like that one either...plain red shirt is Bristol City...remember what happened when we had the black and white bib design a couple seasons back... relegation. Hated that kit as well.

One of our biggest problems as a club is not embracing tradition, constant bloomin tinkering. It annoys me.

we should go back to mustard and burgundy then 

Archived