IGNORED

New Badge - The Robin is Back...or is it? Post #292 onwards!

Bar BS3

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Or, really looking to the future, 2184?

If @Spike really must have 1984, perhaps George Orwell instead of the Robin?

Or George Orwell and Baldock on the Bridge to keep @BRISTOL86 happy as well?

That would definitely be unique.

That's what happens when you're watching the football and not really paying attention haha I'll sort it now.

Surely this could bet he best of both worlds, we have two camps one who like the crest the other the Robin. So a traditional home kit with the club crest on it for the more traditionist/those that like it and a more fun away kit with the Robin. You then get a traditional kit, fun kit, crest or Robin so are appealing to more people and hopefully both sides can settle/be happy with a compromise.

Personally, i would have kept the crest  but replaces the unicorns with Robins either side of it.             

I'm not too bothered about the badge. I've always quite liked having the coat of arms, but that image of the Robin badge released by the club looks pretty good.

A black away shirt would be a bit dull. The only black shirt we've had that I liked was the one with the purple & green stripe from a couple of seasons ago (although I don't know why we started to wear green shorts with it).

The picture of what looks like it might the home kit worries me. I wouldn't want too much white on the shirt.

I like red shirts, white shorts, red socks and think we've messed about with that combination too much over the years (all red, that hideous kit with the black when we last got relegated, white socks - hate all of these).

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'd wager that if you put up 10 other teams crests who have a similar type design but with their names removed then a person with an active interest in lower league football would get at least 7-8 right.

In fact I just did this in a little over 90 seconds.

The only one that gave me doubt was Yeovil, initially skipped it but got it right https://www.sporcle.com/games/DJB_1990/english_football_club_logos

I got 26 of 30.

Missed Southend, Crawley, Exeter and Rotherham.

That initial ‘teaser’ with the bridge and robin looked good. Very good. Nearly, a ‘we’ll forgive you for Diony moment’.

Glad I held fire on any comment, ‘cause what’s followed on Twitter - a second badge, hints of weird kit design and colours - just smacks of our usual off-the-field incompetence, muddled thinking and a froth-over-substance approach to all things Bristol City.

Looks like another open goal that we’re in the process of blasting wide.

FFS City you utter numpties, can’t you  just do one single initiative of faultless quality and deliver it. 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Perhaps they're trying it on the jackets training kit etc and see how well it sells indicating popularity for potentially going on the shirt next time 

It’ll just look so odd having two badges. Then a third badge all over everything with the BS logo. 

Archived