IGNORED

New Badge - The Robin is Back...or is it? Post #292 onwards!

Bar BS3

Am I the only one who thinks the font looks wrong on the jacket (not bold enough compared to the original badge). It looks better on the t-shirt (screen printed), so perhaps they have got the embroidery wrong. Or we've had an outing for Times Roman after Comic Sans last season.

Haven’t read the whole thread so may already have been said..

I predicted this when I saw them using the robins earlier this season.. but I’ve noticed they keep using them.

My theory is the new badge will be based around the robin in the picture attached. The teasers indicate a combination of ‘old and new’ with a range of training wear featuring exclusively the old 80’s badge... not sure where the current badge fits in though.

03120FD8-5E6D-4B1E-9403-9D8E47F92A63.jpeg

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Am I the only one who thinks the font looks wrong on the jacket (not bold enough compared to the original badge). It looks better on the t-shirt (screen printed), so perhaps they have got the embroidery wrong. Or we've had an outing for Times Roman after Comic Sans last season.

Yes I think the font is perfect

44 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I predicted this when I saw them using the robins earlier this season.. but I’ve noticed they keep using them.

My theory is the new badge will be based around the robin in the picture attached. The teasers indicate a combination of ‘old and new’ with a range of training wear featuring exclusively the old 80’s badge... not sure where the current badge fits in though.

Nope. The teasers are the kit. 

3 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

This reminds me of one of those people who drag a secret out but refuse to tell you when you ask them because they love the fact they know something you don't know.

Its not going to be ground breaking so just reveal it.

Day 4 - the colour of the washing instructions label!

You mean like every time a poster on here is “ITK” 

17 hours ago, Fiale said:

i'm useless at paint etc - but something like

robin.png

I really don't think it works, it's neither the coat of arms, nor the Robin badge and it's the bright yellow that gives the current badge a sense of colour balance.

I did tidy it up for you anyway :laugh:

Bristol City badge.png

39 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Nope. The teasers are the kit. 

Yeah but the latest teaser titled "the classic" is not actually on the kit, it's digitally placed hovering over the place of the badge which would suggest that neither the Coat of Arms or the old Robin are on the red kit.
I'm just going to wait and see what happens but for the people reading this thread I cleared up that Robin used below so we can get a clear view of it.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

New Robin official.png

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah but the latest teaser titled "the classic" is not actually on the kit, it's digitally placed hovering over the place of the badge which would suggest that neither the Coat of Arms or the old Robin are on the red kit.
I'm just going to wait and see what happens but for the people reading this thread I cleared up that Robin used below so we can get a clear view of it.

Says who? Looks stiched on to me, look at just inside the edge. Stiching. 

18 minutes ago, Spike said:

New Robin official.png

I’ve got a sneaky feeling it’s going to be something like that. With the retro angle on some leisurewear etc. 

But then it’s confusing that they’ve used the current badge so prominently in the Watkins photos. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The club have already shown us the badges we are having 

Finding the responses to lansdown  a bit childish, loads of people put 'announce _____ ' to every social media post, the club do it the hype the kits (each post showing a different shirt so not repeating shirts) and everyone is giving him shit for it

3 hours ago, Fiale said:

So are spurs in a actual preseason competition or is it just some friendlies. It's just that I thought the premier league were complaining about to many fixtures.

And they still will be complaining when they all jet off to Thailand for some pointless competition during the new winter break.

7 hours ago, Spike said:

I really don't think it works, it's neither the coat of arms, nor the Robin badge and it's the bright yellow that gives the current badge a sense of colour balance.

I did tidy it up for you anyway :laugh:

Bristol City badge.png

Hope you don't mind @Spike I did my own version of it. I love those robins by the way

2013483528_BristolCitybadge.png.804507125556111732cb6fb1feeb04c5.png

Archived