IGNORED

New Badge - The Robin is Back...or is it? Post #292 onwards!

Bar BS3

19 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

There’s a few on here that think that the coat of arms will be removed in a big reveal. @Spike to mention one. 

Woah Woah Woah hang on, I said it could be their plan, I certainly never said it was a conspiracy. Jeez

18 minutes ago, Taz said:

Still got two goalkeeper tops to go yet....

The funny thing is when it comes to keeper kits clubs tend to have two, a home and away version. Last season we had the green /yellow and the blue goalkeeper kits. 

If they are planning on using the Robin on the way and the coat of arms on the home then how will they sort out of goalkeeper kits because more often than not the kit the keeper wears is based on colour clashes. We wrote the home kit with the keeper wearing his away colours last season and vice versa but I don't see how that can be done if the badges don't match, unless of course the two different keeper kits are made with the coat of arms and the Robin to avoid miss-matching

1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

3 different badges I reckon, Old, current and new. 

Then there will be a vote come end of season for our badge going forward. 

I really hope not. That would leave us with no cohesive identity whatsoever.

Personally I think the Robin being used falls the wrong side of the line between dated and retro-cool. Rather than all this confused mish-mash of branding, it would have been so much better just to introduce a new modern robin badge and make a clean break, starting now.

3 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

I hope tomorrow's teaser is of blue material to really mess with people... Then it turns out to be a goalkeeper kit.

I hope it's just a photo of a fistful of skin and it turns out we're gonna be running out next year with Lee Tomlin's rolls stretched over us.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Well I suppose the positive spin on all of this... at least we're not Brentford:

Df9xuigX0AA5e11.jpg

They beat us to all the good signings.

Our scouts have been watching Brenda the dinner lady for years now, never took the punt. Pathetic, she was right under our noses at Exeter. Been ages since we had a proper midfield general like that.

I don't see the fuss, the club will have set a release date so rather than nothing in the days before it they're teasing the kit, big deal. Starting to think the robin could be at the base of the back of the shirt or on a sleeve. 

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Well I suppose the positive spin on all of this... at least we're not Brentford:

Df9xuigX0AA5e11.jpg

What the absolute **** is that

I see the weight of expectation is taking its toll on that poor soul on the right

3 hours ago, Badger08 said:

Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Steamer, more like

1 hour ago, hodge said:

so according to the poll City fans would rather have nothing than another glimpse of the kit.... it's not like it will make the club release it sooner :rolleyes:

Crest and a tease we got, even though we didn’t want one 

19 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I actually loved last year's purple kit design - nice and simple, would be good if new first choice red kit was like that 

Just managed to pick up that purple shirt, new with tag £10 and the black with stripes for just a little more. Would have got them from the club if they reduced them when a new kit came out. I think the club have done well with designs lately, I really like the purple now (although I got the originals as a joke), and the white /black from 76 was always my fav. I have to say as someone who doesn't buy the new kits, I think the 'reveals' have been funny.  

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

Looks like red with a white band. Purple with a lime band, both with crests, and white with a black band as the third kit with the robin. Am i right?

Seems pretty nailed on. I’m sure someone clever on here could knock up a version now that’s not too far away from the final product and piss on the bonfire a bit. 

My opinion is a bit of a build up can be good and build excitement if done in the right way. But I think the reaction has already shifted to ‘I’m bored of this now’ or in some cases it’s genuinely made some people annoyed. Either way, not the desired effect and the new PR team don’t seem to have grasped that yet. 

There are some people egging them on but think the poll this morning where the vote was clearly in favour of us not having any pictures today rather than seeing another teaser

Archived