IGNORED

New Badge - The Robin is Back...or is it? Post #292 onwards!

Bar BS3

Says all you need to know about the new media team. Fans: "just leave it today, we don't want any more of this crap" 

Media team: "Well despite the poll we have a plan and we're sticking to it so here's more teasers" 

:whistle:

Screenshot_20180619-104256_Twitter.jpg

23 hours ago, Spike said:

Well I suppose the positive spin on all of this... at least we're not Brentford:

Df9xuigX0AA5e11.jpg

Reminds me of St Pauli who have been playing in those colours since the 60's if memory serves me right. Looks smart as a brown and white stripe kit.

42 minutes ago, Spike said:

Says all you need to know about the new media team. Fans: "just leave it today, we don't want any more of this crap" 

Media team: "Well despite the poll we have a plan and we're sticking to it so here's more teasers" 

:whistle:

Screenshot_20180619-104256_Twitter.jpg

Now that is funny.

Love to know the thinking behind this in a high-level meeting.

”Spreading the kit release over two weeks will really heighten the excitement for it!”

”John, don’t you think people will get bored of seeing the back of the collar or repeated pictures of the badge after a few days?”

”Of course not, don’t be ridiculous. You can even  run a poll to prove it if you like.”

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I’m enjoying the kit tease...it’s just a bit of fun. Perhaps we ought to extend the teasing to signings..first a left boot, then a right ear lobe etc. A bit like the mystery guest on A Question of Sport. 

Always remember one episode, it was a chap mowing some grass in hotel grounds. Real toughie, even Dad couldn't work it out. Straight back to Bill Beaumont's team and one of the guests got it within a millisecond. Stunned amazement in the audience and from Coleman, thinking it was one that no one could get. The guest, I forget who it is, then gets them to replay the video....he was staying in the same hotel and was watching it being filmed from a window

As for kits, love that Brentford effort. Always loved the Coventry 70s brown kit, bet they shift a few of them

Don’t know how to share tweets, but Jon is now opening taking the p*ss out of fans who are making good points. 

I like the fact he’s open but he’s coming across as a very unprofessional ******** right now. It’s his toy and he can laugh about it, doesn’t matter how the fans feel. 

Not the club I love, and certainly not a club I admire anymore.

9 minutes ago, Selred said:

Don’t know how to share tweets, but Jon is now opening taking the p*ss out of fans who are making good points. 

I like the fact he’s open but he’s coming across as a very unprofessional ******** right now. It’s his toy and he can laugh about it, doesn’t matter how the fans feel. 

He told someone they were looking at a new international post service, and someone else that they hadn't missed anything about the kit.

19 minutes ago, Selred said:

There seems to be some light hearted replies rather than any pisstaking.

And to be honest, with some of the comments that get pointed at him, I wouldn't particularly blame him if he replied "get ****** you blathering idiot"

It’s funny how the people that get the most offended on Twitter are those who come across as absolute knuckle draggers in their own profile. Happy to dish out the ‘bantz’ but not very good at taking it back!

More importantly, if you’re a fully grown adult who is badgering people every day about what a football kit looks like or when you’ll be able to buy it, then take a step away from the computer/phone for the sake of your own wellbeing and get some fresh air!

The amount of grown adults getting their piss boiled about this is a pretty sad state of affairs.

It’s a football kit FFS. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s funny how the people that get the most offended on Twitter are those who come across as absolute knuckle draggers in their own profile. Happy to dish out the ‘bantz’ but not very good at taking it back!

More importantly, if you’re a fully grown adult who is badgering people every day about what a football kit looks like or when you’ll be able to buy it, then take a step away from the computer/phone for the sake of your own wellbeing and get some fresh air!

The amount of grown adults getting their piss boiled about this is a pretty sad state of affairs.

It’s a football kit FFS. 

Well said Mr. Baldock.

A bit like how those who like to go round calling people "snowflakes" get outraged at the slightest thing if they don't agree with it.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Well said Mr. Baldock.

A bit like how those who like to go round calling people "snowflakes" get outraged at the slightest thing if they don't agree with it.

'Snowflake' - I hate that term, it really boils my piss.

On 18/06/2018 at 11:02, ZiderEyed said:

I hope it's just a photo of a fistful of skin and it turns out we're gonna be running out next year with Lee Tomlin's rolls stretched over us.

Thanks to you I just spat my coffee out all over my delightful white t-shirt and so will have to change before I go out this evening.

Had me in ******* stitches :laughcont:

It’s an interesting new strand of marketing that the only reason anyone is enjoying the kit launch is because it pisses people off, I can’t say I’ve ever heard of it before. The new Brand Manager has some living up to do.

Feels like this crosses a bit of a line for me. Not sure the tone is very helpful.

Perhaps if JL had built Bristol City from the ground up he might have earned the right to tweet like this; when he’s basically the fortunate benefactor of his Daddy’s billions, I can’t help but feel he might do well to wind his neck in a bit.

I realise some will just find it funny, which is fair enough, but the fact that it divides opinion (as the replies on twitter show) is enough to make me question it.

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Feels like this crosses a bit of a line for me. Not sure the tone is very helpful.

Perhaps if JL had built Bristol City from the ground up he might have earned the right to tweet like this; when he’s basically the fortunate benefactor of his Daddy’s billions, I can’t help but feel he might do well to wind his neck in a bit.

I realise some will just find it funny, which is fair enough, but the fact that it divides opinion (as the replies on twitter show) is enough to make me question it.

That’s the one that crosses the line for me. Condescending attitude that makes no one look go, least out club. 

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s a football kit FFS. 

Couldn’t agree more.

36 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

That’s the one that crosses the line for me. Condescending attitude that makes no one look go, least out club. 

I am offended by it personally? No. But I can see why some might be, and given all the negative PR around the club recently - the post-Christmas capitulation, the season ticket fiasco, Adam Baker - I’m not sure this is wise.

The problem is JL is tweeting like he’s Scott Murray. But he doesn’t have that popularity or rapport with the fans. He doesn’t have the credit in the bank with the fans. He is in that position solely because his Dad is the billionaire owner. I personally think he would do well to tone it down and take a more professional approach.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I am offended by it personally? No. But I can see why some might be, and given all the negative PR around the club recently - the post-Christmas capitulation, the season ticket fiasco, Adam Baker - I’m not sure this is wise.

The problem is JL is tweeting like he’s Scott Murray. But he doesn’t have that popularity or rapport with the fans. He doesn’t have the credit in the bank with the fans. He is in that position solely because his Dad is the billionaire owner. I personally think he would do well to tone it down and take a more professional approach.

Good post CR. Personally couldn’t give a fig for the kit (or badge really if I’m honest) and grown men losing their stuff about it is pretty funny, whilst also giving us something to discuss over the Summer. However JL in my opinion is just not doing himself any favours. It’s all coming across as a bit condescending from him from what I’ve seen (as our others on the media team at BS) and just unnecessary for a major player at our football club. Say what you like about the other ‘suits’ such as MA and SL, but they wouldn’t engage in this petty crap as it’s just not professional. 

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Agree. I couldn’t care less about the kit release (though having experience in brand management it probably isn’t recommended to drag it out this long), I just think he’s misjudged the atmosphere among the fans and there’s no need for his attitude that makes it appear he thinks he above everyone else.

1 minute ago, JasonM88 said:

Agree. I couldn’t care less about the kit release (though having experience in brand management it probably isn’t recommended to drag it out this long), I just think he’s misjudged the atmosphere among the fans and there’s no need for his attitude that makes it appear he thinks he above everyone else.

Exactly.  At the end of the day, it doesn't read well when the billionaire owner's son is openly winding up the club's owner supporters - whether he means it as 'banter' or not.

Fans are the ones responsible for the whole thing really, constant comments/tweets of '#announceadomah' or whichever player probably gave them the idea for #announcethekit, just the fans who do it in the first place can't take it when the club has some fun with it. The recent post about the loyalty scheme its just comments of announce the kit already etc. If its true about it being Thursday they've given hints each day for a week before it, so what, its not a big deal. Cardiff have given a teaser picture of their kit saying its not being released for another 11 days.  

17 minutes ago, hodge said:

Fans are the ones responsible for the whole thing really, constant comments/tweets of '#announceadomah' or whichever player probably gave them the idea for #announcethekit, just the fans who do it in the first place can't take it when the club has some fun with it. The recent post about the loyalty scheme its just comments of announce the kit already etc. If its true about it being Thursday they've given hints each day for a week before it, so what, its not a big deal. Cardiff have given a teaser picture of their kit saying its not being released for another 11 days.  

I don’t mind a teaser but 64% of people said they don’t want one today, and they still did it anyway. You’ll see the post I was referring to above, it’s all being done for JL’s  ego and for him to take the piss out of a fan for saying how it is, is incredibly unprofessional. 

There’s having a laugh, but it should be at your own expense and never a paying fans. Tin pot and pathetic. 

Archived