IGNORED

New Badge - The Robin is Back...or is it? Post #292 onwards!

Bar BS3

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

I don’t mind a teaser but 64% of people said they don’t want one today, and they still did it anyway. You’ll see the post I was referring to above, it’s all being done for JL’s  ego and for him to take the piss out of a fan for saying how it is, is incredibly unprofessional. 

There’s having a laugh, but it should be at your own expense and never a paying fans. Tin pot and pathetic. 

Pestering someone for days on end about a kit?

I agree.

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Pestering someone for days on end about a kit?

I agree.

The two aren’t exclusive.

I don’t really care about when the kit is announced, but I do care about JLs attitude towards fans.  

23 minutes ago, Selred said:

I don’t mind a teaser but 64% of people said they don’t want one today, and they still did it anyway. You’ll see the post I was referring to above, it’s all being done for JL’s  ego and for him to take the piss out of a fan for saying how it is, is incredibly unprofessional. 

There’s having a laugh, but it should be at your own expense and never a paying fans. Tin pot and pathetic. 

Thing is the staggered reveal was probably an idea from marketing/social media guys, yet JL is taking the brunt of it while posting light hearted stuff

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

Thing is the staggered reveal was probably an idea from marketing/social media guys, yet JL is taking the brunt of it while posting light hearted stuff

Because rather than taking criticism on board, he is mocking the fans. Why not put his hands up and be like “this hasn’t worked, sorry” rather than make a joke out of it? 

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

Because rather than taking criticism on board, he is mocking the fans. Why not put his hands up and be like “this hasn’t worked, sorry” rather than make a joke out of it? 

He can't win in some peoples eyes, as he is he's 'mocking' fans, if he was 100% serious its the faceless suits line. 

Just now, hodge said:

He can't win in some peoples eyes, as he is he's 'mocking' fans, if he was 100% serious its the faceless suits line. 

When there’s genuine feedback from the fans take it on board. I’m all for him joking but there’s a time,  a place, and a tone. 

Just now, Selred said:

When there’s genuine feedback from the fans take it on board. I’m all for him joking but there’s a time,  a place, and a tone. 

Thing is its his personal account, he's not doing it from a club account. For all we know it was the media guys who decided to post the pics anyway yet JL gets the abuse for it. 

I think the Cardiff ‘flagate’ tweet might be the reason no one finds him funny anymore.

Fan led, supposedly club approved I believe?  

And then the club messing up the display not to upset our sheepshagging neighbours.

That’s where he lost us.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I think the Cardiff ‘flagate’ tweet might be the reason no one finds him funny anymore.

As per my earlier posts, I think the reason he’s dividing opinion is because he hasn’t earned the right in the eyes of fans to engage with us in that manner. He is the very lucky son of the billionaire owner who is only in the job because of his Dad. What’s more, he’s overseen some very controversial decisions in recent times. Scott Murray would not get the same grief, because he is popular and well known for his cheeky persona - not to mention being a legendary player for the club. JL doesn’t have those credentials so he’d probably be well advised to stop behaving like he does.

10 minutes ago, hodge said:

Thing is its his personal account, he's not doing it from a club account. For all we know it was the media guys who decided to post the pics anyway yet JL gets the abuse for it. 

I think the club tweets are boring now about the kit and am not talking about them, my main issue is with JLs tweet, which is earlier in this thread, about a fan voicing a genuine complaint and treating it as a joke. It shows disrespect to the fan, and to the club. 

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Are people really getting so upset because the club hasn’t released the kit?  I do think they should have stopped at 3 teasers but I don’t feel compelled to start abusing the club over it. 

More abusing JL by the sounds of it.

Then crying when he makes a joke.

Partick Thistle did it right as usual....off the pitch they are awesome...pity about the on field performances last season! No teasing, no build up....they simply tweeted ‘here’s our new kits for 2018/2019, they seem to be going down well..’ with the pic below...#MonTheJags - #RedAndYellowArmy - #TheHarryWraggs - #OneTeamInGlasgow - #MaryhillMagyars ......

79E1E69E-7339-4B62-810D-9CBD59445DFD.jpeg

4 hours ago, hodge said:

If he explicitly said "I hate all of you Twitter sad acts, get over yourselves and yes I will keep pissing you off to make a point" rather than just strongly implying it, how would that be for engaging with the fans?

39 minutes ago, RumRed said:

When he earns the right to make a joke then maybe we’ll laugh with him. 

Too many misjudged tweets IMO. 

"Earn the right to make a joke"

Bloody hell, there was me thinking there was freedom of expression.

Apparently not because he wears a suit and his dad has money.

JL is far from perfect and has put his foot in his mouth on more than one occasion, but people are looking to be upset by him- this is the second time in a couple of days he has 'upset' people and the last time it was over an even more frivolous comment.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Partick Thistle did it right as usual....off the pitch they are awesome...pity about the on field performances last season! No teasing, no build up....they simply tweeted ‘here’s our new kits for 2018/2019, they seem to be going down well..’ with the pic below...#MonTheJags - #RedAndYellowArmy - #TheHarryWraggs - #OneTeamInGlasgow - #MaryhillMagyars ......

79E1E69E-7339-4B62-810D-9CBD59445DFD.jpeg

All were one day, but it was still there.

11 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

"Earn the right to make a joke"

Bloody hell, there was me thinking there was freedom of expression.

Apparently not because he wears a suit and his dad has money.

JL is far from perfect and has put his foot in his mouth on more than one occasion, but people are looking to be upset by him- this is the second time in a couple of days he has 'upset' people and the last time it was over an even more frivolous comment.

Bloody hell, there was me thinking JL was a grown man who knew when he was purposely antagonising his own customers... Repeatedly

5 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

Is the new Brand Manager already taking over his Twitter? Or is someone else taking the piss out of (rightly or wrongly) irritated fans on his account :facepalm:

Neither.

A joke was made

A few (no doubt the ones it usually is) chose to get upset because a 'suit' made a joke.

Non-story, get a grip and move on.

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Neither.

A joke was made

A few (no doubt the ones it usually is) chose to get upset because a 'suit' made a joke.

Non-story, get a grip and move on.

You're choosing not to get it, I'll try once more...

The issue isn't that he's making a joke, per se. JL is acting like a smug child in the face of typical football fans, who can be irritating but are the lifeblood of the club - i.e "I'll announce the kit when I like, here's another preview for now (whether you like it or not)". Here is my and many other people's issue - basically the entire marketing idea of the kit launch is to either irritate people, or get other people to laugh at them being irritated. There's having a joke, then there's purposely winding people up over the space of a week through your personal Twitter account.

That level of self-importance, when JL has just presided as Bristol Sport CEO over a failed play-off campaign, brought in a staggeringly tone-deaf new ST price structure targeting disabled and young fans (and then rowed back on it when he realised quite how out of touch he was), sacked his chief of comms and then lied about it, bought out City's main sponsor as cheaply as possible and got them to lie about it too, and inherited his position from his father because he's his father... are you catching my drift?

3 hours ago, RonWalker said:

You're choosing not to get it, I'll try once more...

The issue isn't that he's making a joke, per se. JL is acting like a smug child in the face of typical football fans, who can be irritating but are the lifeblood of the club - i.e "I'll announce the kit when I like, here's another preview for now (whether you like it or not)". Here is my and many other people's issue - basically the entire marketing idea of the kit launch is to either irritate people, or get other people to laugh at them being irritated. There's having a joke, then there's purposely winding people up over the space of a week through your personal Twitter account.

That level of self-importance, when JL has just presided as Bristol Sport CEO over a failed play-off campaign, brought in a staggeringly tone-deaf new ST price structure targeting disabled and young fans (and then rowed back on it when he realised quite how out of touch he was), sacked his chief of comms and then lied about it, bought out City's main sponsor as cheaply as possible and got them to lie about it too, and inherited his position from his father because he's his father... are you catching my drift?

Not a fan then 

5 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

All were one day, but it was still there.

The time frame from Thistle’s first ‘kit’ tweet to the kit reveal was an hour and a half (not one day as you’ve intimated) so like I said, no big build up or tease, all done in less than two hours....how long has our kit saga dragged on now?!

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Well this is today’s tweet. Not a teaser and no comic sans font so things looking up...

D845DBF3-136B-4DB1-ABD3-128E43A27ABB.jpeg

And no old style robin either. So I’m even more convinced it’s on the third ( white black/ black white kit now). Obviously there still could be scope to have a robin range of training wear too, I’m expecting this.

Archived