IGNORED

Couple of Charlton players in big trouble in Ibiza

Lanterne Rouge

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

If true that's the end of any hopes they have, really disgusting behaviour but I guess we have to learn from the Ched Evans scenario with something like this

I'm always reluctant to comment on these things.

If they are guitly then they absolutely should be locked up.

If innocent then it's an awful thing to be accused of and the type of allegation that sticks.

I suppose it also gives Charlton a dilemma on whether to still use these players while the investigation is ongoing.

The sheer fact they've put themselves in the position they have outs them as utter scumbags. Like Evans it's not about the adversarial 'he said, she said',  if there was ever to be an iota of doubt the answer is always a clear and unequivocal no and the fact they wouldn't think as such shows them for the degenerates they are.

There's also no dilemma, they should be sacked for gross misconduct and for bringing Charlton's name into disrepute. That has nothing to do with the allegations and everything to do with the headlines.

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Sorry, not condoning this type of behavior for one instant..............but, why did they go to the guy's hotel room? Did they think they were in for a friendly game of chess?

Going into a hotel room isn’t consent 

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Sorry, not condoning this type of behavior for one instant..............but, why did they go to the guy's hotel room? Did they think they were in for a friendly game of chess?

Yes I agree. If people go back to a hotel room under the pretext of drinks coffee or etchings then they have put themselves in the way of harm. 

That in no way excuses blokes who then push it beyond NO and they should expect what’s coming if they cross the line, but people have to be sensible enough to know how to look after themselves too. 

13 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Going into a hotel room isn’t consen

Or as evidenced in the Evans case it doesn't follow that one who goes to a room has to be cognisant, or be capable of being cognisant, that one has done so.

19 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Can’t agree. It is that thinking that is going to get these footballers into trouble. Maybe they just thought it was two interesting guys they could have a good time with. Maybe afterwards something but guys shouldn’t think because they are coming with you it is consent. Take the no like a man and let them out of the room. It only goes downhill after the initial no. I know it sounds not manly enough to assume a woman wants to just hang out but it is how you have to look at it. Any other thinking is going to lead to trouble

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Innocent until proven guilty

It's not though anymore. In this day and age, with Social media as big as it is, it's more likely guilty until proven innocent. Then again mud sticks, so this will probably stay with those players for the rest of their careers, whether true or not.

People make out that women are so inocent and fragile..

I dont know the facts but if its a sex attack then thats discusting but to say a woman is going to a hotel room for tea and biscuits is a bit naive.

90 percent of women going to a mens hotel room is to have sex..

4 minutes ago, prankerd said:

I dont know the facts but if its a sex attack then thats discusting but to say a woman is going to a hotel room for tea and biscuits is a bit naive.

The other 10% is tea and biscuits though so can’t rule that out.

6 minutes ago, prankerd said:

And at any point either before or during the sex, either partner is allowed to say stop. Just going to their room isn’t consent. Or if they weren’t in a fit state to be able to give consent. 

12 minutes ago, prankerd said:

Everyone has the right to change their mind. Everyone. You cannot guess a percentage to fit your rather disgusting attitude.

23 minutes ago, prankerd said:

So that’s the woman’s fault right?

Just unfortunate for the 10% that men can’t keep it in their pants or ask for consent first? And then respect her decision?

The important thing is not to jump to conclusions, and wait for the facts, unfortunately something many of us don't like to do. It seems we love a rant of faux outrage while knowing nothing of the material facts.

When Ched Evans was convicted, I suggested there were holes in the story and that it might not be as clear as it seems - I got absolutely battered on here, only to ultimately be proven 'right'. And by right, I mean there was enough ambiguity to quash the conviction, not that he acted like an angel.

It goes without saying that I'm certain 100% of the people on this thread would feel disgusted if this turns out to be true. But for the time being, and to learn from previous mistakes, we should avoid jumping to conclusions or making rash comments imo.

11 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

My god.....a comment from the stone ages. 

24 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

When Ched Evans was convicted, I suggested there were holes in the story and that it might not be as clear as it seems - I got absolutely battered on here, only to ultimately be proven 'right'. 

Interesting to know what you mean by 'proven right' ? Evans was convicted of having non-consentual intercourse, his victim having been intoxicated or as she alleged, having been drugged. His appeal against the conviction was dismissed. Worryingly, when granted a second leave to appeal two years later his defence sought to muddy the waters not with reference to the crime for which he was convicted, rather to suggest that the victim's previous sexual history in some way contributed to the events that night. It was that, quite disgracefully, that led jurors to concede, wrongfully in my opinion, an element of doubt such he was acquitted. Much as the fact OJ Simpson is a murdering scumbag who's never been convicted of murder, it's not the minor percentage of doubt that's important (other than to the accused) it's the majority action of behaviour in which lies the truth. As per my original post whether or not these players are ever convicted of a crime isn't the point, the base and degraded attitude shown toward women says all one needs to know about them.

Archived