IGNORED

South Yorkshire police football costs £1.3 million pounds

49 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

how many teams does it cover, 5?

Sheffiled Utd and Wednesday, Rotherham, Barnsley and Doncaster so 130 games lets add another 15 for cup games for arguments sake so 140 games, works out on avg 10k a game,

Yet another scurrilous attempt by a NACPO rep to deflect from severe failings observed across the country. Resource is one side of the equation, police performance another. Perhaps if they were better organised at doing their job, clamping down on the base roots of crime rather than selectively deciding what and when they target society would look so much better. Football's a easy target. If there wasn't an incident for the next 5 years they'd still demand similar levels of policing on the basis that: 'something might happen'.

In nearly 50 odd years of following City I've been policed many thousands of hours, have never provided them an issue with which they had to deal and only once have required their services. Usually, I observe coppers reaping undeserved overtime doing - well now't and that includes standing aside when issues do arise.

Here's a suggestion: go after known thugs with a vengeance (they know who they are as observed by the farcical conversations I endured between UKFPU operatives when travelling to Man City for our game there - gist to watch not intervene) and leave the rest be. There's also the universal truth that removing the line of coppers between two taunting sets of supporters may lead to a few punches thrown but invariably sees things go quiet very quickly.

Archived